Sorry to burst the magic bubble' says Florida lawmaker of hydroxychloroquine as he battles COVID-19

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
'Sorry to burst the magic bubble' says Florida lawmaker of hydroxychloroquine as he battles COVID-19
After two weeks battling COVID-19, State Rep. Randy Fine (R-Palm Bay) posted on Facebook that he needed his lungs X-rayed as his symptoms now included a recurring fever and a hacking chest cough. He remarked that the hydroxychloroquine therapy he had been on proved ineffective.

“I’ve had a cold who knows how many times. I have never had to deal with anything like this. And for those who want to believe that (hydroxychloroquine) is some kind of magic solution, I’ve been taking that too (I don’t oppose it, but I am tired of people pretending it is magic),” he wrote in the post.

By the time the X-ray images came back showing lung damage serious enough that doctors ordered Fine to stay for observation, a debate over hydroxychloroquine raged on Fine's Facebook page.

“Hydroxychloroquine as stated by many Doctors here and abroad is very effective. Had you been given that at the outset you might think it was magic indeed...” wrote one user.

“Was given it the day my test came back,” Fine replied. “Sorry to burst the magic bubble.”
I rather it was a magic pill. But's not.

SigurdReginson

Aug 4, 2020
PNW
✟45,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You know, my mom uses hydroxychloroquine to manage her arthritis. It actually helped a lot, too. Since this whole thing has happened, and since it was sold as this miracle cure, she hasn't been able to get ahold of the stuff. Now her hands have progressively gotten worse, and now she has perminant damage so she tells me. Wouldn't be so bad if it really was a miracle cure that helped people, but it was sold as a cure before any real testing was done.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was discredited a while ago. I don't know where the lawmaker gets his health news from.
Lol. When you wrote this. I knew you had to be from a different country. You live in Canada. In America . Trump has pushed this hydroxychloroquine. Because Trump has stock in it . And some Trump supporters seem to believe. If everyone took this pill . COVID-19 would be history, and people wouldn't be dying. And America / Liberals are just allowing people to die.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've said it before, but the HQC crowd really come off as quacks, I'm reminded of things like homeopathy how they will do 50012931.1 studies , 50012900 show they are not real and don't do anytihng, and they will point to the 30 that show they work, even though those 30 studies were shoddy.

Reminds me of the first popular HCQ study that removed people that died or got seriously sick from the study....so no wonder it was 100% effective.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sooooo, because 1 person is dying or not improving after using hydroxychloroquine, that is enough to say that the drug is not effective against Covid or cannot be used against Covid?

Do y'all know 1 drug that is 100% effective against cancer? 100% effective against pneumonia or tuberculosis? 1 drug that is 100% effective against meningitis? 1 drug that is 100% effective against arthritis?

Please enlighten me since you expect 100% effectiveness from a drug before taking it seriously.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was discredited a while ago. I don't know where the lawmaker gets his health news from.
The President and his band of foolish “yes” men and women.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sooooo, because 1 person is dying or not improving after using hydroxychloroquine, that is enough to say that the drug is not effective against Covid or cannot be used against Covid?

Do y'all know 1 drug that is 100% effective against cancer? 100% effective against pneumonia or tuberculosis? 1 drug that is 100% effective against meningitis? 1 drug that is 100% effective against arthritis?

Please enlighten me since you expect 100% effectiveness from a drug before taking it seriously.
How about some actual science to support the drug’s use?

You know it’s been in the news and everything. HCQ doesn’t work better than placebo.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Discredited by whom? The infamous Lancet study on HCQ that was later retracted?
Lancet, NEJM Retract Surgisphere Studies on COVID-19 Patients

As for the authors of this hit piece on HCQ, none of them have faced criminal penalties for penning a fake medical database as raw data. None of the co-authors have faced criminal penalty for claiming that they had verified the raw data, only to admit later that they lied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

As for the authors of this hit piece on HCQ, none of them have faced criminal penalties for penning a fake medical database as raw data. None of the co-authors have faced criminal penalty for claiming that they had verified the raw data, only to admit later that they lied.

what about the first study that 'proved' HCQ was so safe they had to remove people that died or got worse in the study to get 100% results.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

One study does not make or break...
A meta-review of systematic reviews and an updated meta-analysis on the efficacy of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine in treating COVID19 infection

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Remdesivir, the current party line approved drug for Covid cost about $3000 per course of treatment.

While HCQ, a 60 year old drug that can no longer be patented cost about $30 per course of treatment.

yeah, follow the money.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows
Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows
You read your links or just headlines?
From YOUR link:
Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remdesivir, the current party line approved drug for Covid cost about $3000 per course of treatment.

While HCQ, a 60 year old drug that can no longer be patented cost about $30 per course of treatment.

yeah, follow the money.
Trump has money on hcq.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The information is out there. People can continue to pick and choose which information they want to give importance to, but it's on them. The information is out there.

If I should become ill with Covid, I will look for a physician who is willing to use HCQ on me. That is my right and privilege. You can choose to do whatever else you want.

Upvote 0