• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

sorry for bugging you but i am getting dizzy due to pressure of thinking please help me to calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my ocd is telling me that I made a promise that I cant remember. I have told God for protection of all promises. I have ocd and I am ill. I am really worried. I worry for an hyphotical scenario. get it? ocd is giving me worries about hypothetical scenarios that probably never happened. and if they happened they were without my will. but ocd says that it was with my will maybe and I do not remember it cause I was thinking that I would never break an easy promise. all that are just hypothesis. I do not remember anything related to that. but my subconscious somehow gets affected by my ocd and is like " your ocd is maybe right. something rings a bell. that scenario that scare you maybe happened"

I cant remember. I tried for so many times, to remember. I have 0 memory of a promise. I remember thinking about my job but never a promise. I remember nothing. I remember having thoughts to myself about " I do not care if I lose this job" but I do not remember making a promise about not doing that job (thought without my will). and if in any case, it happened in my head. it was without my will. my ocd maybe I was carefree and did it on purpose. but I would remember it. why I cant remember? please calm me down and pray for me

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I pray for you every day, Kostilaks, because I hate this misery you are in. You need to get professional help. Numerous times I have sent you resources. If you need them again, I will find them again and send them. I think you know how, so please do so.

You already know it's the ocd. You know that you haven't made the promises you have zero memory of. You know this, so be calm. If possible, ignore the ocd. The truth is, Kostilaks, I am probably breaking rules giving you any guidance. I am not a professional. I just care about you. So, please, please, please get some help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.