• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Soo...

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by gottabemore2life, Apr 2, 2008.

1. gottabemore2life

gottabemore2life Princess - Just a Little Girl

+68
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I quit my worst two addictions tonight...

Smoking and Lance.

Pray for me! :D:pray:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Well-Known Member

+291
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Good on you.

3. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,753
    Calvinist
    Single
    Smoking? yuck

4. Quoth

Quoth Guest

+0
    [​IMG]

You go, girl :)

I quit tonight too, again. I'm actually drinking a glass of water (something I haven't touched in five years). My thoughts and prayers are with you.:thumbsup:

5. JonMiller

JonMiller Senior Veteran

+176
    SDA
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't know about Lance, but smoking is dangerous, smelly, unhealthy, and unattractive. I pray for your success in this endeavour.

Do you drink a lot of juice? (to Blackfyre) I would imagine that people who don't drink lots of water are permanently dehydrated. I feel dehydrated and sucky when I don't drink 8+ glasses a day.

Jon Miller

6. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,750
    Christian
    Married
    Lance Bass?

j/k, contrats! smoking does lots of horrible things to your body. I'm glad whenever anyone quits

7. Prod

Prod Member

+4
    Baptist
    Single
    Awesome! (on the smoking part... I don't know who/what Lance is) Stick to it.

8. MrsSeptemberPenguin

MrsSeptemberPenguin Contributor Supporter

+264
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Awesome Job! I'm glad to hear it. I'll pray for you

9. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies

+738
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    congrats. will pray for you.

...will pray for Lance too, you seem like a pretty cool chick.

10. Spicy McHaggis

+738
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

DeliciousBass > Lance Bass

fyi

11. GuacaMolly

GuacaMolly Well-Known Member

+177
    Christian
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    :prayer: Good job! Just stick with it. Do you have lots of people to keep you accountable and snatch cigs out of your hands if need be? I've done that for a friend or two. Although, I almost got hit once. Nicotine fiends are dangerous :sorry:

If I were you, I'd tell everyone in the world that you quit, that way they'll keep you accountable and give you flack if you're slipping.

12. Evie1980

Evie1980 Learning to thrive

+455
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Great work! I am over 2 years quit now (smoking that is). I know the pain that you go through in the first couple of weeks but hang in there it is worth it. If you ever feel you need some support please feel free to PM me (well for the smoking part that is) and also use the quit smoking forum. It is awesome and helped me a lot.
    God bless

13. Luther073082

Luther073082 κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον

+762
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Great. . .

I am really glad to hear about the smoking thing too. I didn't know you smoked but you definatly need to quit that. I'll pray for you while you are doing this.

14. Thomas1984

Thomas1984 *Expect the Unexpected*

+279
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Really? I've obviously missed something then?:scratch:

15. traingosorry

traingosorry I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.

+933
    Christian
    Private
    I said the same thing to BlackFyre before, if you muss up a bit and cave in to have another cigarette, don't be too hard on yourself. This is a hard addiction you are up against so just keep trying! :hug:

16. gottabemore2life

+68
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
  17. Spicy McHaggis

+738
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm assuming the smoking you quit was cigarettes?

yes/no?

18. gottabemore2life

+68
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Of course.

19. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Ready for Thanksgiving

+9,721
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    I am allergic to cigarette smoking
    As people have to smoke outside
    When I am around them!

20. ido

ido Adios

+1,967
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    US-Green
    Good for you, gottabe! I try to regularly encourage two of the girls in my office to quit. It's a nasty habit. Keep us posted.

Yay for quitting Lance, too - you deserve a better guy than that!