New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The preservation of liberty and freedom was the motivating factor in the South's decision to fight the Second American Revolution.

Liberty and freedom for who?

The Confederate Veteran, the bi-monthly national magazine which contains in-depth articles on the war

Umm what war, I mean it reads like it is speaking the present tense. :confused:

Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello mhatten

mhatten said:
Liberty and freedom for who?

The liberty and freedom the Confederates fought for is the same freedom and liberty that Thomas Jefferson, R.H Lee, Patrick Henry, James Madison, George Washington and other Southerners fought for when the seceded from the British Empire in 1776.

They were fighting for the same Constitutional liberties that these men had handed down to them. Many of the Confederates were the sons and grandsons of the men mentioned above.

mhatten said:
Umm what war, I mean it reads like it is speaking the present tense. :confused:

I obviously they are speaking of the war commonly known as the American Civil War, but more properly called the War Between the States. I do assume that the question was only rhetorical but I couldn't be sure:scratch: .

If you would like to discuss those items on another thread I would be happy to join you as I have time to do so. I don't want to do so here. On this thread I would like to know if there are any other SCV members visiting Christian Forums.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Cajun Huguenot said:
Hello mhatten

The liberty and freedom the Confederates fought for is the same freedom and liberty that Thomas Jefferson, R.H Lee, Patrick Henry, James Madison, George Washington and other Southerners fought for when the seceded from the British Empire in 1776.

They were fighting for the same Constitutional liberties that these men had handed down to them. Many of the Confederates were the sons and grandsons of the men mentioned above.

Well I don't want to derail your thread so I will leave it at that.

quote]
I obviously they are speaking of the war commonly known as the American Civil War, but more properly called the War Between the States. I do assume that the question was only rhetorical but I couldn't be sure:scratch: .

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith[/QUOTE]

No actally it wasn't rhetorical, I wasn't sure ( and now don't remeber what page ithe quote was on ) if it was referring to perhaps war in the heritage defense sense.

Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
mhatten said:
Well I don't want to derail your thread so I will leave it at that.

Thank you. I very much appreciate that.

mhatten said:
No actally it wasn't rhetorical, I wasn't sure ( and now don't remeber what page ithe quote was on ) if it was referring to perhaps war in the heritage defense sense.

You could be correct about heritage stuff. I would have to know where it came from to be sure as well.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Upvote 0

johnereb63

Dec 12, 2004
✟135.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm a member of the SCV. I had about a dozen or so ancestors who fought for the CSA. I joined through one of my North Carolina ancestors who served in the Army of Northern Virginia.

Reading of great Southern Christians is very inspiring; such as Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Dabney, etc.

Reactions: Newell Rambo
Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
johnereb63 said:
I'm a member of the SCV. I had about a dozen or so ancestors who fought for the CSA. I joined through one of my North Carolina ancestors who served in the Army of Northern Virginia.

Reading of great Southern Christians is very inspiring; such as Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, Dabney, etc.

Jonenereb,

It's good to meet you. I'm glad to know there is atleast one other SCV memeber that visits here.

I've read a lot of what Dabney wrote and I've read a good deal on Lee and Jackson as well.

In Christ,
Kenith

Upvote 0

eaglex

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
Texas
✟9,878.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone I'm not a member of the SCV but, I wouldn't mind joining. I believe that the wrong side won the war too. I did have an ancestor fight in the war on the Confederate side and I'm just as pround of him and anyone would be. THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
eaglex said:
Hello everyone I'm not a member of the SCV but, I wouldn't mind joining. I believe that the wrong side won the war too. I did have an ancestor fight in the war on the Confederate side and I'm just as pround of him and anyone would be. THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!:thumbsup:

Eaglex,

Join up. Sounds like your qualified.

Deo Vindice,
Kenith

Upvote 0

SeeingBabylon

Mar 20, 2017
Washington, D.C.
✟8,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am an SCV member. My cousin five times removed fought and died for Co. I, 11th Alabama CSA at Seven Pines battlefield near Richmond in 1862. His brother (my other cousin) was the color-bearer for the 41st Alabama, Co.B, and managed to survive the war until being shot and mortally wounded at Farmville, VA during the Appomattox Campaign in late 1864. DEO VINDICE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Newell Rambo

May 22, 2017
Needville
✟7,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have three Great Uncles who were in the CSA from Lafayette County Mississippi. Two were shot, one received a medal from the President, but in his later years, his grandchildren lost in playing with it in the front yard.
Deo Vindice

Upvote 0

Newell Rambo

May 22, 2017
Needville
✟7,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm only 10+ years late to the thread, but yes, SCV and MOS&B member here. My ancestors were Kirklands from west Alabama who served in the 42nd and 11th Alabama Infantry, CSA.
MOS&B, that is great my three great uncles were only privates from Mississippi. but all were from the South and that was all that mattered.

Upvote 0