Visit site
✟310,300.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
New testament references to sons and daughters include these 2 verses in all translations: Acts of the apostles 2:17 In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
2 Corinthians 6:18 And: “I will be a Father to you, and you will be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”
we have heard from Proverbs 22:6 to “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
so as Timothy’s mother and grandmother instilled training into him we can understand why Paul said to Timothy “Let no one despise your youth, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

The above verses place The Father centerstage and brings to mind His intentions toward us stated in Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Here, then, is the real and true beginning of godly nurture. The heritage of love, peace, order, holy courage, goodwill belong to them. Loving Him because He loved first, blossoming into the heart of understanding the character of Him to whom their own character is being constructed, to faithfully reflect that which their hearts are focused upon.

It’s in knowing that what He said is true; He will never leave nor forsake. He resides in the heart, so getting out of the headspace of tumult to the place of peace of mind and heart becomes nature itself, simply because His character in everything is the telling point, maintaining the right use of everything.

(Edit to add)
“But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from who you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 3:14-15

Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.Deuteronomy 4:9

One Godly influence has the power to counteract those ungodly, leaving a true and living faith, while protecting our reputation, to example the love of Christ in tangible ways.

Last edited:

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟310,300.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 51:10
A clean heart prepare for me, O God, And a right spirit renew within me.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.

Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

There is a peculiar excellence that is not ambitious, or for show, but rather an honest kind of benefit that brings along no ill-will or false motive with it. Such is the place that the young child holds in the Kingdom’s eyes. That’s the pure simplicity which God prepared in advance as our way of life. Our own personalities bring a certain liberty of form distinct from one another but always with Holy Sprit flair when working from the heart.

There are nine in the cluster of fruit thereof: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Within the Father’s will that no law can condemn is that joy shared between parent and child, holding fast to that which is family values and worthy of praise. That from which the parent advances in training them also in the way that they should go, is the way prepared in advance by the Father. In that way He protects the safety thereof as His own strong tower of defence to accommodate the growth of the child into maturity, from which, once grown, they will not depart from.

Our response-ability can only come from our own response to Him in these matters, for response to false gods instead of the One True God is idolatry in that it places our thoughts above His own. Our response-ability to our children or children’s children depends on our own response-ability to God to be successful and places no small significance on the care-giver.

Bringing them up in the way that they should go does indeed take a village as seen by the female counterpart as the church to the Godhead; needing Father, Son and Holy Spirit to bring the process to fruition. What is seen in the mega works as well from seed to bloom. For a bruised reed He will not break and a smoldering wick He will not extinguish; He will faithfully bring forth justice. Isaiah 43

Upvote 0