Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A week or two ago, I made a post on the prayer wall forum asking for prayers for a new job. The reason I did that was because I have been experiencing such immense turmoil ever since COVID-19 happened. Suddenly everything changed and I was secluded from the things and people that I loved. That only helped to push me into a deep depression that I am still trying to get out of.

The depression that I fell into got so bad that I started to think about death a lot more. I didn't make any plans to do anything, but the thoughts of the afterlife were on my mind more and were one of the only sources of comfort for me. When things get this hopeless, I tend to turn to the Lord in prayer because I don't believe that anyone else can truly help me. So that's exactly what I did; I prayed to God and I asked for others to pray for me as well to help me get a new job.

I was originally applying to jobs where I would work as a Behavior Therapist for children who have autism. I thought it would be a good fit, but halfway into sending multiple applications, I found myself second-guessing these positions. I've heard so many people who have autism say that behavioral therapy actually caused them more trauma than actually helping them. The last thing I ever want to do is hurt someone, so I began looking elsewhere for employment as well.

I was starting to lose a lot of hope when it came to finding a new job, especially since I am fresh out of college and there are others competing for employment right now too. Even still, I pushed forward and put my trust in Jesus that everything was going to be okay in the end. None of the Behavioral Therapy jobs responded to my resume, but one place that I applied to did end up contacting me. I went to an interview for the same company that week, got a call back a few days later, and today I just signed the paperwork to join the new company I'll be working for. Instead of doing a Behavioral Therapy job, I'll be working in group homes with at-risk youths, which is even better! The group home job actually pertains to my degree more than working as a Behavioral Therapist, and there's a lot of room to move up within the company.

I'm giving this testimony because I want to let everyone know that sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers immediately, but we can't lose hope! Sometimes God isn't saying "No", but rather "Not yet", and instead he has something much better in store for us than we ever could have imagined.

If you're in a rough spot right now, please don't give up. Put your trust in God and trust that He will help you. Of course, do what you can to make your hopes become a reality, but always leave it up to God to lead the way.