Something That Helped Me With Exams and Stress

Has this helped you in your life in anyway? Would you like to see more content like it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not really

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peter Wood

Sep 15, 2020
Kalama, Wa
✟7,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to make this post because it is about something that I often struggle with. Managing my anxiety, especially around deadlines and during stressful situations. 2020 has only made things worse, and recently I've been feeling like I was approaching my breaking point. Today I felt so overwhelmed I wanted to throw in the towel and accept any punishment for my actions, with no idea how severe they might be. It didn't matter, I knew I had dug myself into a hole and just wanted to give up.

I know we've all felt this way before, but I'm not sharing this with you for sympathy or pity. I want to post this because it's my hope that it might be able to help someone else going through something similar.

Today I decided to write my first journal entry. I know pretty simple right? But I've been on a self-improvement journey for awhile now. Nothing too crazy mainly just simple things like eating healthier, working out more, reading/listening to more books, watching self improvement YouTube videos, etc... One thing that I have heard from multiple sources as being one of the most beneficial habits is journaling. One problem I'm not really the journaling type. I kept putting it off saying, "Maybe someday I'll start doing it but I have more important things to do right now."

Well, like I said, today I was at my breaking point so I just prayed to God and asked him for help. The first thing decided to do after I finished my prayer was to look up some Bible verses that might be able help me with this seemingly impossible task. The first site I clicked had such a dramatic effect on me that I even decided to start my journal right then and there. I know maybe not the best idea with deadlines hanging over my head, and due in only a couple of hours but I felt a surge of energy and motivation. It would be short and I figured it might even help to get my ideas down on paper.
I'll attach them here for your convenience.
p.s. sorry for the bad handwriting I was feeling very shaky from lack of sleep and copious amounts of caffeine:)

Journal Entry 1.1.JPG
Journal Entry 1.2.JPG

One thing I learned through this experience is that when we choose to trust God and His plan for our lives, its no longer a matter of your ability to handle any given situation. Rather, it is a test of your faith in Him, that He has a plan for your life. There is never a reason to worry as a Christian. I challenge you reader, as a Christian, to choose faith over worry. To understand that to worry about the future can be a warning sign of unfaithfulness. But the great thing about looking at it in this light is that even when you fail, God will always be with you, He will always be there to pick you up again. And when something is part of His plan and will for your life, you can be assured that He will give you the strength to complete it. In the end give everything to God, "Cast your burden on the Lord and He shall sustain you..."
-Psalm 55:22

(Since this is my first time using this site please let me know if I have posted something in the wrong area or need to change anything)

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome friend.

I understand you 100%.

I suffer with anxiety and only just got off of the phone with my doctor! Its been bad the last month or so.

He is changing my meds as i been on the same one for over 15 years now! I am scared of trying new meds!

I trust in Jesus. I love Him eternally.

Thank you for sharing your story. God bless you

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Peter Wood

Sep 15, 2020
Kalama, Wa
✟7,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the quick response friend.

I am glad you reached out to me as I have a couple years of experience when it comes to anti-anxiety and depression meds. I tried a few different kinds and combinations during a couple years ago so I can sympathize with you. I also worked as a registered pharmacy technician so I also have a decent understanding of how they work. When changing to a new med it can have vastly different effects depending on a wide range of factors, i.e. strength and type of medication, how long the patient has been on the drug, body weight, sex, genetics... you get the picture. It's going to be a unique experience for you and you should expect that going into it.

I've seen people who absolutely have terrible reaction to going off their meds, myself included. Watch out for big mood swings and hot flashes those can be a sign of serotonin imbalance which is a pretty common type of drug for regulating mood. You might also get extremely emotional at seemingly small things but don't worry its only temporary if you do get any of these side effects. If your trying to predict how severe of a side effect you'll have the biggest factors are what med and how much. If your on a high dosage then your doctor prescribing it to you should wean you off instead of having you go cold turkey. I would ask him about weaning off if your worried about the side effects at all.

However with that being said, sometimes changing to a new med can be a great blessing in disguise. I saw it happen with my mother. Her meds had stopped working as effectively as they were supposed to, basically her body had developed a small immunity to it. switching to a new brand made a world of difference for her. Even though she did have a hard time going through her weaning off phase, once she started up on the new med, she seemed to be even better than before. One thing that I am very glad she did was tell me and my family beforehand that she was going off them. We were so much more prepared for her mood swings and much more forgiving towards her. I would highly recommend telling your family and loved ones that you may be acting a little different for a couple of weeks but its only because your changing meds.

No matter what happens in the coming weeks, remember that your meds are not your god. Don't let yourself become too focused on them(or not having them) and miss out on all the blessings God has given you. I'm speaking from experience here, don't let a drug rule your thoughts, you are so much more than that. They are just a tool to help you live your life to its fullest. You are a human being created after God's own image. Whatever struggles you may face you are capable of overcoming them because God is with you.

Upvote 0