Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please be respectful in this thread regardless of the opinions of others! Thank you!

I don't know about you, but for me, something about the Black Lives Matter movement just seems a little... off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it doesn't seem right, and it's deeply unsettling to me that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon to declare that they stand with BLM.

Now, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with believing that "black lives matter" because, in actuality, they DO matter! Everyone's life matters, and I think that it's okay that we're focusing on black lives mattering too right now... BUT, at the same time, I think there's something very wrong going on when there are "white" people apologizing for being white, police officers being targeted with awful slogans that say that they're ALL terrible people, and people are using the name of BLM to violently riot in the streets.

But I think one of the things that unsettles me the most is the fact that just about every single company and celebrity, even overseas, have said that they are standing with BLM. Something about that tips me off as very blatant "virtue-signaling" and like they're using this to profit off of us. Maybe this last point has more to do with the companies and not the BLM movement itself, but it still makes me thing something really "not right" is going on here. In other words, I'm highly skeptical of everyone and everything right now.

Is it just me? Am I crazy in thinking that something might not be so right about the BLM movement?? Someone please let me know.

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm right there with you. It has reached an untouchable status, like a sacred cow, where a person cannot safely criticize it. That, alone, is worth criticizing. All manner of evil can be masked by a "good" premise. Be careful.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it's not a centralized or organized group with any kind of leader or hierarchy, but rather just a label that anyone can choose to endorse, even if they have completely different ideas of what it means, what its goals should be, etc.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Please be respectful in this thread regardless of the opinions of others! Thank you!

I don't know about you, but for me, something about the Black Lives Matter movement just seems a little... off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it doesn't seem right, and it's deeply unsettling to me that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon to declare that they stand with BLM.

Now, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with believing that "black lives matter" because, in actuality, they DO matter! Everyone's life matters, and I think that it's okay that we're focusing on black lives mattering too right now... BUT, at the same time, I think there's something very wrong going on when there are "white" people apologizing for being white, police officers being targeted with awful slogans that say that they're ALL terrible people, and people are using the name of BLM to violently riot in the streets.

But I think one of the things that unsettles me the most is the fact that just about every single company and celebrity, even overseas, have said that they are standing with BLM. Something about that tips me off as very blatant "virtue-signaling" and like they're using this to profit off of us. Maybe this last point has more to do with the companies and not the BLM movement itself, but it still makes me thing something really "not right" is going on here. In other words, I'm highly skeptical of everyone and everything right now.

Is it just me? Am I crazy in thinking that something might not be so right about the BLM movement?? Someone please let me know.
Unfortunately you are very correct. This is a attack on America. A lot of the protesters are being paid to protest. This is a very real threat and honestly I am not sure if America will survive. This protest is a break down of law and order, the radical factions and the criminals are going to milk this protest for all they can.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Unfortunately you are very correct. This is a attack on America. A lot of the protesters are being paid to protest. This is a very real threat and honestly I am not sure if America will survive. This protest is a break down of law and order, the radical factions and the criminals are going to milk this protest for all they can.
How much do you think they’re paying these protesters? Is it tax free, under the table cash money? Is there some payroll they’re all on somewhere? Where’s the money coming from and how would we know?

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How much do you think they’re paying these protesters? Is it tax free, under the table cash money? Is there some payroll they’re all on somewhere? Where’s the money coming from and how would we know?
Just search on Google.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just search on Google there is websites where you can sign up. Supposedly George Soros is paying them.

I hear he's also behind COVID-19, every war in the Middle East, and Lady Gaga.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
can't quite put my finger on it, but something about it doesn't seem right

Read there aims in there organisations web site. They want to do away with the 'nucliea famiy as a western idea' and are pro abortion.

That is two reasons for not supporting the organisation.
As for the slogan, it is catchy and is perfect for those who cannot think.

Question for you.
What is the cause of the highest reason for the death of black men?

Answer according to published stats in America is Black on Black violence.

Second question.
How is the slogan and those who chant it going to change this?

Upvote 0

Renata8

God is good always
Jun 14, 2020
Florida
✟13,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Majority of black homes are broken, have no father, parents aren't married. Rough starts for a lot of them. So they embrace being victims rather than Victors. It's easy to victimize people who see themselves as victims and keep them in that box of always being the victim. God made them, just as he made me. The same set of basic tools, hands to be creative with, feet to take great strides with, a brain and a mind to think with and use free will wisely. Oprah had a rough start, she didn't let that define her. She sharpened her tools and utilized them. It all comes down to choices.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Read there aims in there organisations web site. They want to do away with the 'nucliea famiy as a western idea' and are pro abortion.

Have you got a link to where it says that please, I just had a look at the BLM site and couldn’t see anything along those lines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Majority of black homes are broken, have no father, parents aren't married. Rough starts for a lot of them. So they embrace being victims rather than Victors. It's easy to victimize people who see themselves as victims and keep them in that box of always being the victim. God made them, just as he made me. The same set of basic tools, hands to be creative with, feet to take great strides with, a brain and a mind to think with and use free will wisely. Oprah had a rough start, she didn't let that define her. She sharpened her tools and utilized them. It all comes down to choices.

I agree with some of what you say, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that a lot of black people face discrimination based on the colour of their skin.

How anyone can not support an attempt to draw attention to, and hopefully remedy, that situation is beyond me. Although I appreciate that one might take issue with some of their more extreme actions.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know about you, but for me, something about the Black Lives Matter movement just seems a little... off to me.
"But he hasn't got anything on," a little child said.

"Did you ever hear such innocent prattle?" said its father. And one person whispered to another what the child had said, "He hasn't anything on. A child says he hasn't anything on."

"But he hasn't got anything on!" the whole town cried out at last.

The Emperor shivered, for he suspected they were right. But he thought, "This procession has got to go on." So he walked more proudly than ever, as his noblemen held high the train that wasn't there at all.
Closing lines of
The Emperor's New Clothes
by Hans Christian Andersen​

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it's not a centralized or organized group with any kind of leader or hierarchy, but rather just a label that anyone can choose to endorse, even if they have completely different ideas of what it means, what its goals should be, etc.

Just putting out the information you do not have.
There is a video on Utube where she says these exact words, I don't know how to give you the link, but you could go to Utube for yourself ad find it easily, this interview was posted 2 days ago.

"We actually do have an ideological frame... we are trained Marxists." - Patrisse Cullors, Co-Founder, #BlackLivesMatter

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think there's an argument there for an absolute view of a given issue being a necessary evil sometimes. It took about 100 years and a great deal of conflict, unrest and violence after the official end of slavery to get to the legal recognition that differences in skin pigmentation have no relevance. Such things don't just happen for no reason, and they aren't the result of someone's disinterested benevolence. Changes occur when enough people get angry enough to force the issue. Absolute, militant points of view are extremely unpleasant, and an apparent tendency towards agreeing with a trend because it is a trend can be irritating, but may be necessary in the short term to actually push through some obviously much-needed reforms in policing. Once a useful goal has been achieved, if that does actually happen, most people involved will go back to the thing they are most interested in - living their day to day lives. Real, full-time fanatics of any stripe are pretty rare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m leery of movements. Most appear harmless until the truth comes out. I can’t be your enemy today and a friend the next. You’d be a fool to trust me.

Solomon said there’s nothing new under the sun. Most haven’t had a change of heart. Human nature doesn’t work like that.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just putting out the information you do not have.
There is a video on Utube where she says these exact words, I don't know how to give you the link, but you could go to Utube for yourself ad find it easily, this interview was posted 2 days ago.

"We actually do have an ideological frame... we are trained Marxists." - Patrisse Cullors, Co-Founder, #BlackLivesMatter

Like I said, individuals have no control over the movement that has grown beyond their conception. It's just a label that means any number of different things to any number of different people.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That is two reasons for not supporting the organisation.
As for the slogan, it is catchy and is perfect for those who cannot think.

Question for you.
What is the cause of the highest reason for the death of black men?

Answer according to published stats in America is Black on Black violence.

Second question.
How is the slogan and those who chant it going to change this?

Sounds like something that bad actors overseas would be promoting. Probably don't need to look too far.

Where did CV come from?

M

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I agree with some of what you say, but you seem to be ignoring the fact that a lot of black people face discrimination based on the colour of their skin.

How anyone can not support an attempt to draw attention to, and hopefully remedy, that situation is beyond me. Although I appreciate that one might take issue with some of their more extreme actions.

Colour of skin is something like nations at war in as much as,

Nations have their flags, symbols and uniforms,

it can go so far as anyone clothed in a darkskin is the enemy and viceversa

one who is clothed in a lighter skin is the enemy.

But the uniform does not tell much about the wearer of the uniform.

Like in most wars one sides soldiers don't know the other sides soldiers,

So I think it maybe goes deeper than colour of skin,

but I don't know what.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,489.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People, even "Christian" sisters and brothers, are acting as if it is an us versus them situation. It isn't! I wrote in another thread that it is it is not BLM more than other colors. It IS that BLM just as much as other colors. Maybe the slogan should be that BLM too! The problem is very complex. It is not going to be solved unless all colors get involved with creating the solutions, for there will be many. It makes me sad that white "Christians" don't seem to want to understand that their brothers and sisters of color are hurting. Reading your opinions here makes me know that some of you don't really desire to understand. But America will be ok. We have been here before. I am old enough to remember the Civil Rights Movement. Things did not change until all people/all colors came together and acknowledged that there was a problem that needed some solutions.It would have been wonderful if the solutions had not been undermined by elements that did not approve. In America, horrible things have happened to our brothers and sisters of color. When one part of the body hurts, it affects the whole body! Don't you all understand that??? :sigh: There is a lot wrong, but, there is nothing "wrong" about being a person of color. Too often people of color are treated as other than human.And "some Christians" do it too. That is sad. Now, if it is not you, great! So you can get on the "bandwagon" to help with some solutions.

Upvote 0