Jan 5, 2006
England, Kent, Biggin Hill!
✟2,197.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you might of heard this idea before but:
what happens if god created the earth 7 billion years old (or whatever time scientists believe the earth to be so old). But he actually created the earth whatever how old the bible says the earth to be (whatever age that maybe.) i think 10 thousannd years.....sorry i dont know. anyway so god created bones, fossils, even caveman drawings and stuff that have the age of millions of years.

So why would god do this? well faith! this is a test for us (and i say a tiny one) of how faithful you will be knowing this and the knowing the bible. God created this as a test for us to see how much we trsut him?

anyways, i dont really care (i dont mean to sound arragant) but it really does sound very irrelivant since it is a very little passage from the bible about the beggining of the world. i think when im in heaven, i dont think ill be apsulutly crying for joy and amazed because god created the world in 7 days (even though it is amazing). ill be filled with joy because god loves me, anyways what do you people think.....if anyone reads this that is?

samsonknight

Jan 5, 2006
✟2,197.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
vipertaja said:
Actually he created the entire universe a minute ago and your whole life is all a big fat lie. Congratulations.

perhaps it is dude... i can't be 100% certain there is a god as i could be in some matrix world. But i do put my faith in god.

what made you say that anyways?

Upvote 0

Lilandra

Princess-Majestrix
Dec 9, 2004
state of mind
Visit site
✟19,703.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A real Creationist would use way more exclamation points in the title.

samsonknight said:
you might of heard this idea before but:
what happens if god created the earth 7 billion years old (or whatever time scientists believe the earth to be so old). But he actually created the earth whatever how old the bible says the earth to be (whatever age that maybe.) i think 10 thousannd years.....sorry i dont know. anyway so god created bones, fossils, even caveman drawings and stuff that have the age of millions of years.

So why would god do this? well faith! this is a test for us (and i say a tiny one) of how faithful you will be knowing this and the knowing the bible. God created this as a test for us to see how much we trsut him?

anyways, i dont really care (i dont mean to sound arragant) but it really does sound very irrelivant since it is a very little passage from the bible about the beggining of the world. i think when im in heaven, i dont think ill be apsulutly crying for joy and amazed because god created the world in 7 days (even though it is amazing). ill be filled with joy because god loves me, anyways what do you people think.....if anyone reads this that is?

Reactions: awesome liver
Upvote 0

vipertaja

A real nobrainer
May 13, 2005
Finland
✟16,925.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
samsonknight said:
what made you say that anyways?

Just gave you the typical answer. Another one is to accuse your god of
being a deceiver if he did it...deceiver being a word usually more
associated with his former right hand henchman. You know?
The horned one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samsonknight

Jan 5, 2006
✟2,197.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sure thing. don't know if your joking, but if "the horned one" as you put it is infact a henchman of god, then what is god doing?
if the horned one is also the father of all lies then if anyone were to hate god, would you think that the devil has tricked them if he is the father of all lies? or consider that possibility?

Upvote 0

vipertaja

A real nobrainer
May 13, 2005
Finland
✟16,925.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
samsonknight said:
sure thing. don't know if your joking, but if "the horned one" as you put it is infact a henchman of god, then what is god doing?
if the horned one is also the father of all lies then if anyone were to hate god, would you think that the devil has tricked them if he is the father of all lies? or consider that possibility?

What if the devil is the only god and has everyone fooled?;)
Maybe God and the devil are just two sides of the same coin?
Two aspects of the same mind? :p
Seriously though, these "what if" scenarios aren't usually leading
anywhere.

What if this is all a giants dream?

What if you're not really replying to my posts...but actually arguing
with your own imagination?

What if the stars are right and Cthulhu is stirred from his sleep?

The idea you had has been done many many times here.
Nothing wrong with starting a thread about it, but I doubt it will
bring up anything new. Not much to talk about when undetectable
claims are made. Have fun with it though. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

samsonknight

Jan 5, 2006
✟2,197.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sure, well first time on this topic.

If god was really devil in disguise im going to be severly tortured by the devil. there not much i can do about that.

If this is all a figmannt of my imagination then maybe one day i might wake up and relise that and probably live forever in abyss.

if there is no god, when i die i'll have a grave that no one cares about. but it won't bother me since i won't really care. Yep, well i guess theres many possibilities. i'm sure we could go on and on.

but at the end of the day i'll doubt we will get anywhere. I put my faith in, 1: cause i havnt got anything else i can put my faith into.
2:cause unexplainable things happened when i pray and felt joy out of praying.

....sure you heard the rest of what people normally say...

Upvote 0

vipertaja

A real nobrainer
May 13, 2005
Finland
✟16,925.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
samsonknight said:
...sure you heard the rest of what people normally say...

After a while you will notice that nothing new is said here (by anyone)
and you'll end up giving arguments and topics names like everyone
else that came before you (including me). ^_^

Come to think of it, most forums have that I guess. Certainly has
happened to me on gaming forums as well...

Upvote 0

samsonknight

Jan 5, 2006
✟2,197.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hmmmmmm me to. i go to pc gamer forum...
but it wasnt really important or intresting topic anyways so yer, well i'm guessing everything youve heard from christians you all ready know, so i'm guessing theres no point in me saying stuff about evolution and junk?

i'm actually quite bored, do you have any beliefs... dont mind what they are...

Upvote 0

Mocca

MokAce - Priest of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
Jan 1, 2006
✟16,937.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay, since this thead seems exhasted (already!), I'd like to add my input.

Samsonknight, your proposition included God planting false evidence to "test our faith." Planting false evidence for something "false" is a deception - just as planting false evidence in a crime scene is. Why would one worship a God who deceives?

Upvote 0

vipertaja

A real nobrainer
May 13, 2005
Finland
✟16,925.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
samsonknight said:
hmmmmmm me to. i go to pc gamer forum...
but it wasnt really important or intresting topic anyways so yer, well i'm guessing everything youve heard from christians you all ready know, so i'm guessing theres no point in me saying stuff about evolution and junk?

i'm actually quite bored, do you have any beliefs... dont mind what they are...

To be honest I'm quite bored too.
I admit I was exaggerating a bit. Some new points do get made
every now and then (especially about new discoveries etc.) and
occasionally someone puts a new spin on an old topic.

You might as well bring up evolution if you feel like it considering
this is the section for it (though it would be a good idea to start a
new thread for that). I'm sure people will join you in discussion
about it.

Upvote 0