Some suggestions please?

smile

Change? Good. This? Bad.
Jul 11, 2003
See that box on the curb? Not too shabby, eh?
✟5,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well hello there!

I was hoping you guys could recommend some Christian colleges you know of or went to. I'm looking for one that offer majors in Theology and Missions. I've done a few searches so far, have a feeling I will do many more in the future lol, but I thought you guys could help me a bit too. If it helps, I'm looking for a non-denominational college that believes in speaking in tongues and spiritaul gifts and so on. Oh and it doesn't have to in the USA.

Thank you so much!
God Bless,
Smile

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a few questions that might help us out ... You may not care about some of these things, (no reason why you have to) but you may care quite strongly about others...

Any geographic limitations or preferences?

Do you care about the size of the school - 500 or 10,000?

class size - lots of large lecture halls, or small classes

Racial mix - are you OK with acollege that is predominatly one race or another? Do you desire a mix?

Do you want this to be a college with regional accreditation, AABC accreditation or do you not care about accreditation?

What kind of a degree - AS (associtaes - 2 years) Bachelor's (4) certificate program?

You made a point of underlining part of Galatians 3:28 in your signature... should I take that to mean that you would prefer a school that does not see women's roles in the church as limited by gender? Do you want women faculty members?

Do you plan on attending seminary after you have earned your undergraduate degree?

You say non-denominational - is that absolute? Are there any denominations you would strongly care to avoid? Any that are OK?

Give it all a thought...

Upvote 0

smile

Change? Good. This? Bad.
Jul 11, 2003
✟5,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just a few questions that might help us out ... You may not care about some of these things, (no reason why you have to) but you may care quite strongly about others...

Any geographic limitations or preferences? I would like it to be in either Europe or the United States, but I'm open to anywhere. (EDIT) And I would also like to add, I would love it to be in Germany. But I'm not being picky right now.

Do you care about the size of the school - 500 or 10,000? I would like it to be on the smaller side, I guess under 5,000.

class size - lots of large lecture halls, or small classes? That would depend on the class, I would like them to be on the smller side but I'm not picky at the moment.

Racial mix - are you OK with acollege that is predominatly one race or another? Do you desire a mix? I would like a mix, yes.

Do you want this to be a college with regional accreditation, AABC accreditation or do you not care about accreditation? It doesn't matter.

What kind of a degree - AS (associtaes - 2 years) Bachelor's (4) certificate program? Bachelor's, 4 years.

You made a point of underlining part of Galatians 3:28 in your signature... should I take that to mean that you would prefer a school that does not see women's roles in the church as limited by gender? Do you want women faculty members? Yes and yes. Thank you for pointing that out. :)

Do you plan on attending seminary after you have earned your undergraduate degree? I do not know at the moment, I guess it is still an open option. But I'm not certain.

You say non-denominational - is that absolute? Are there any denominations you would strongly care to avoid? Any that are OK? Yes, I would like to stick to the non-denominational side. I could list the ones I really want to stay away from, but that's about all the other denominations lol. So to save the trouble I'll just stay with the non-denominational.

Give it all a thought

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the college need to advocate/teach/encourage speaking in tongues and almost everyone does, or accept speaking in tongues as a spiritual gift and some people do and some people don't?

There aren't a large number of non-denominational Chriatian colleges. Most Christians schools are associated with one denomination or another - denominations had the money to establish and build schools. At some schools the denomination is a big deal, at others it's not.

You are talking about a Bachelor's degree with a possibility of seminary after graduation, therefore I would strongly, as storongly as possible, urge you to look at schools with regional accreditation.

While non-denominational, can you catagorize your theololgy in one way or another? I don't want to suggest a lot of Reformed schools is you are a strong Armenian or vice versa.

Give me a little more feedback, and I may have a list for you. Are there any other things you care about? Sports? Clubs? Facilities?

Upvote 0

smile

Change? Good. This? Bad.
Jul 11, 2003
✟5,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Does the college need to advocate/teach/encourage speaking in tongues and almost everyone does, or accept speaking in tongues as a spiritual gift and some people do and some people don't?" I would like it to be the first one.

"here aren't a large number of non-denominational Chriatian colleges. Most Christians schools are associated with one denomination or another - denominations had the money to establish and build schools. At some schools the denomination is a big deal, at others it's not." Heh I've noticed that. Took me 3 or 4 times of doing a seach on a search engine to find anything non-denominational. But I am accepting of interdenominational colleges as well.

You are talking about a Bachelor's degree with a possibility of seminary after graduation, therefore I would strongly, as storongly as possible, urge you to look at schools with regional accreditation.

"While non-denominational, can you catagorize your theololgy in one way or another?" Hmm well have you ever heard of the Apostolic denomination? That's my basic Theology, if not then I believe that basics such as the Trinity (God the Father, Jesus the son, and the Holy Spirit) That God created the earth in 6, on the 7th He rested. That God sent His one and only son down to the earth to die for our sins and on the 3rd day He rose from the dead, because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. I believe that the Bible was inspired and the only infallible, authoritative word of God. I believe in baptism of the Holy Spirit and that He is here to guide us, to help us while we are on earth. That the gifts of the Spirit are given to believers according to the Will of God for the purpose of building up the Church. I hope that gave you some more idea of what I'm looking for.

"I don't want to suggest a lot of Reformed schools is you are a strong Armenian or vice versa." Understandible

Give me a little more feedback, and I may have a list for you. Are there any other things you care about? Sports? Clubs? Facilities?

-As I said before, the location doesn't bother me.

-I would like them to offer a study abroad program where you can go to a different county to study.

-And also offer mission trips through out the year.

-I want to minor in German, so if they offer German as a minor that would be wonderful.

-I would like them to offer classes about spiritual warfare and such.

-I'm not much of a sports person, so it's fine if they don't have a strong sports program.

-I would like to be closer to a city being a city girl and all, but it's fine if it's not.

-I would like them to be very active in missions.

-I would like them to have a strong prayer force.

Hmm..that's about all I really want.

Thank you so much for taking time to ask and give me advice about this. :)

Kemper

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry it's taken me awhile... and while I was doing my research, I came up with this great site for you. Below is a list of nondenominational colleges who are members of either
Council for Christian Colleges and Universities or National Association of Christian College Admissions Personnel. All of these colleges have either regional or AABC accrediation which will open doors to seminaries or graduate school in the future, if you choose to go that way. I think that many of them may see women's roles as limited in the church, but this will give you a starting place.

[font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Trinity College of Florida[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Davis College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]William Jessup University[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Crichton College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Gordon College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Northwestern College - MN[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Moody Bible Institute[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Alaska Bible College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Westmont College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Master's College, The[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Christian Heritage College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Columbia International University[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Asbury College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Lancaster Bible College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Wheaton College - IL[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Dominion College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]LeTourneau University[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Washington Bible College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Cornerstone University[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Boise Bible College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Palm Beach Atlantic University[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Emmaus Bible College[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]100% [/font][font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Philadelphia Biblical University[/font] [font=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica]Religious denomination: No Affiliation [/font]

I got this list from www.christiancollegementor.org This site gives you a wide variety of ways to search for colleges and also has llinks to all the schools involved. You could check out the information and they e-mail or call 800 numbers with questions you have about further details. NACCAP (one of the sponsering organizations) also holds College fairs across the US and Canada where you could speak to reps in person.

It was not my intent to pass the buck, but I think this site will give you a lot more information and flexibility and it's all linked! I would be glad to help you with more as you get further down the road.

There are lots of other Christian colleges beside those in CCCU and NACCAP, but these schools have met both academic and Christian standards so, IMHO, I think this is the very best place to start your search. :wave:

Upvote 0

MusicMelOU

Feb 29, 2004
Asheville, NC
Visit site
✟15,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a question...the place I am interested in does not have degrees. Instead, you can go there for 3 years and get an "Advanced Diploma in Ministry" with an area of specialization. It's in Australia (Hillsong Int. Leadership College). I am just wondering if a diploma over there would qualify me to do ministry work over here...not sure yet.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi!
I just graduated from the School of Urban Missions (SUM), and am now on my way to Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary for work on my MA. Here is the web link. We are non-denominational but hold to pentecostal distinctives (tongues, Spirit Baptism, etc.).
I would recommend that anyone who is serious about ministry should prayerfully consider SUM for the start of thier education.
Oh yeah . . . chapel service is alive with the presence and move of the Holy Spirit!

Peace,

Mathetes

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MusicMelOU said:
I have a question...the place I am interested in does not have degrees. Instead, you can go there for 3 years and get an "Advanced Diploma in Ministry" with an area of specialization. It's in Australia (Hillsong Int. Leadership College). I am just wondering if a diploma over there would qualify me to do ministry work over here...not sure yet.

I am biased in favor of accredited institutions that grant degrees. at the time when most people choose college, when they are young, it is hard, if not impossible, to know what your life will hold for you. An accredited degree will simply open more doors, give you admission to more kinds of work and prepare you for graduate school. It simply seems poor stewardship to me to not be as prepared as one can be for whatever God would have you do.

Which is not to say that some ministry would not hire you. Many would. But many others would not. And some that would hire you, would use your lack of a degree to keep you in a lower position and at a lower salary no matter how accomplished you are.

And there are a wide range of Christian colleges and Bible schools that are accredited. It's not like you would be forced to choose between 2! I do not know about this particular school in Australia, so my commments are not directed at them, but I have studied many non-acridited Bible schools and Christians institutes that are unacredited becasue they do not meet minimum standards or becasue they don't want anyone else setting standards for them. Many are staffed exclusivly by graduates from the very same institute. Not all - don't tell me about the great one you attended!! - but way too many.

I am weary of "Good enough" for Jesus. What happened to excellence?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
I am taking a correspondance Masters course from Gmrinc.org ; Global Ministries and Relief , Dr. Leon von Rooyen , Evangalist and Missionary ... Links to other online bible schools . Pastor went to Rhema Bible College in Tulsa , OK ...

Some of it depends on the requirement of your denomination , missions board , etc. that they will recognize the seminary , bible school that you attend for accreditation ...

Upvote 0

Thankfull

Oct 16, 2004
Colorado Spings CO
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
May I suggest Charis Bible College. It sounds like what you are looking for. The school is located in Colorado Springs CO. It is non-denom. non accredited practical school of ministry. It is a 2 year program with an optional 3rd. year apprenticeship. The school is a part of Andrew Wommack Ministries. The goal of the school is to improve your relationship with God, build godly charactor and to enable you to effectivly minister to the churched and to the world. The Bible verse that the school's vision is bulit on is 2 Tim 2:2. I am a second year student at the college and it is amazing the things that I am learning and seeing in Him. We see a lot of miricles and learn to flow in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The first year is mainly Bible teaching and the second year is more practical hands on ministry. We are growing and seeing God's favor on us mightly. The college (headquarters in Colorado) right now is about 200 students. We also have some extention schools in Chicogo IL, Coventry England, St. Petersburg Russia, (new) in Africa and many more to come. I would give a url but I am new and not permitted to do so. Put Andrew Wommack in google or any search and find the ministry home page then click on Charis Bible College. Be blessed!

Upvote 0