Some people think it is ridiculous...

F

fuerein

Wow.

Parrots: nature's emo kids.
That's co-dependency, I say.

Neat story about the old man though, I never knew parrots could bond that much/ had that good of memory.

I'll second this.
It's true my dad had a cockatoo for awhile when I was younger. Larger birds (parrots, cockatoos, etc) typically mate for life. When they are raised around people without another bird around they typically choose one of the humans as their surrogate mate. Even to the point where with certain birds other people have trouble handling them because they only want to be handled by their 'mate'. Others get along with other humans though. My dad's cockatoo would walk over and climb up my pant leg to get closer to me. I hate that we had to get rid of her. She was beautiful.

Upvote 0

silentpoet

Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Arkansas
✟15,957.00
Faith
Nazarene
Politics
US-Others
Once I can look at her and know, deep down in my soul, that I wouldn't eat her dead body if I was locked in a room with it, it's time to stop stalking and actually ask her out.
How romantic, I recommend you tell them that on the first date.

back to topic, The hardest thing I ever had to do was to put Sugar to sleep. She was about 15-16 years old and I was 21-22. So we had her all while I was growing up. It was winter and there was ice out. She broke her leg. So I did the most loving thing I could do.

Upvote 0