Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
pope-francis-on-the-rich-young-man.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
"Instead of being just a church that welcomes and receives by keeping the doors open, let us try also to be a church that finds new roads, that is able to step outside itself and go to those who do not attend Mass, to those who have quit or are indifferent."

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

Physical hunger is a horrible thing, its the result of greed and injustice by a few on the account of the many.
That being said, while I agree with the pope on this one I'd prefer if we had the same focus and the same intensity when it comes to the hunger of the human soul.
If we direct our focus purely on the material side of reality we fail to do the most important part of our Christian mission. That mission is to preach and teach the gospel. The great commission.

The Popes focus isnt wrong when he's focusing on the poor and the hungry, but he lacks some more Mary in him. You know like Mary and Martha.
Physical and spiritual attention.

This pope lacks Mary in the above sense. If we only act like Martha then we're reduced to simply being rescue workers and doctors without borders kind of people.
Those are nice and we all cherish the love of God that shines through their actions, but if we as Christian's fail to preach no one will.

We need to feed the spiritual hungry and the spiritual thirsty the word of Christ our lord. Eternity is at stake. A famous protestant once said soup, soap and salvation.
I believe he's correct but for our purpose I'd prefer it said in the opposite direction.

Salvation has to come first and then as one comes to christ one will recieve/regain ones dignity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.