Some Basic Instruction For Bible Study

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
1) ALWAYS begin with prayer.

There is a good example of one in Psalms 119:18: "Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law."

2) Read what you are going to study, and then:

3) STUDY- This takes a little more work, but the rewards are indescribable.

4) Meditate - Crawl into the Word and soak in it for a while.

5) Trust and Obey

Trust God to give you what you need, and more, and Obey His commands and instructions.

6) Share it

Pass along and share with others what you have learned.

"The Bible - Know it in your head; stow it in your heart; show it in your life; sow it in the world."

Please feel free to add to this list any other instruction you feel led to add.

7) Find others to study with (phone, email, prayer)
8) Seek the counsel of wiser people who may have more understanding -- then like the Bereans go back and compare for yourself
9) Have a Bible with a margin
10) Highlight those passages that stick in your mind to help it stay in your head

(Or are these just my personal ones??!!...)

Stay blessed
Dave :clap:

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
No, those are definitely good ones Dave. And I am sure you have more. I could have added things like, have several translations for comparative study and having a concordance and all of that too. But really I had in mind the basic things we need to keep in mind as we begin our Bible studies here. And yes by all means a Bible with a margin would be nice.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
All great examples of how we should study the Bible. I guess I better get busy on something more about this lol!

There's something more here that God has opened my eyes to, that I must now go and write about. Just keep this in mind for now, when we study Gods Word together it is in a sense the same thing as breaking bread together.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by GraftMeIn
All great examples of how we should study the Bible. I guess I better get busy on something more about this lol!

There's something more here that God has opened my eyes to, that I must now go and write about. Just keep this in mind for now, when we study Gods Word together it is in a sense the same thing as breaking bread together.

Yes, in a spiritual sense that is exactly what we are doing!

Upvote 0