rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think that the location of the "Temple Mount" was the actual location for the Temple. In the story of David and Solomon choosing the Temple's location, it is said that they bought a threshing floor for the site of their future Temple. The threshing floors were commonly in an elevated place on the side of a raised area like a hill so that it could catch wind that would blow the chaff away. Plus, it was common in the ancient world to put temples on the top of hills. In Psalm 3, it is said that the Lord heard David out of His Holy Hill. The idea was that the hill location was associated with sacredness and God. The Temple Mount is, I think, the highest area in Jerusalem. The only other high location near it would be the Mount of Olives area, where the Temple certainly was not.

One of my main questions about the Temple of Solomon is not so much the location, but what was on the upper floors. The upper floor in the house where the disciples met was used as a guest room in the New Testament, but the Bible doesn't say what the Temple's upper floors were used for, although 2 Kings 6 says that the Temple in fact had three levels. I made a thread asking about it here, which I invite you to:
What was in the Upper Floor of Solomon's Temple?

Upvote 0