PA
✟275,414.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the authority in Matthew is what gave the church some vestige of authority and what authority it has is dependent on how close it holds to the Scripture
I'm dizzy because of your circular reasoning.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,458.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
No no no no no no no

Sola Scriptura =
  • I only follow the Word of God!
  • I only follow Scripture!
  • BTW, guys... I get to decide what is / is not Scripture based upon my personal preferences
Plainly stated, that is "cherry picking" what you like, discarding the rest, and claiming you're following the Truth.

Truth = whole entire truth + nothing but the truth​

1. God gave Protestants "meat & vegetables".
  2. Protestants dumped the "vegetables" on the floor.
  3. Protestants show off how they are eating the "meat" God gave them, and saying "eating what's for dinner!"
OK, maybe isn't "adding to" the Deposit of Faith (2 Thess 2:15) -- though substituting the Jewish Masoretic text for the Greek LXX really does introduce new words in some important places -- but is certainly taking away from it!
  • No Apocrypha
  • No Sacred Tradition
And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
Revelation 22:19
So the Scripture in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus should read: "Abraham told the rich man that they [his brothers] have Moses, the Prophets, The Apocrypha, and Jewish tradition, and if they won't believe those things, even someone coming back from the dead won't convince them [not to come to the horrible place where you are]"

Perhaps John 3:16 should read, "The Scriptures plus the Apocrypha, and Church tradition is the way, the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except by them."

Upvote 0