simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys...I had a chance to the Toronto Airport fellowship tonight - was pretty refreshing.
Just a question - they seem to big on "soaking" ...and have sessions, music for this...so people just relax, lie down during the service..

This is slightly a new concept for me - anyone have thoughts on this?

thx

simpleone

Veteran
Jan 30, 2007
✟18,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I practice this privatey. It's awesome. Just lying in God's presence, feeling it.....hearing from God ... it's a great way to connect with God.

i think its what my wife and i used to call "basking"

just basically being still in Gods presence.:)

Yeah - thats what it appears to be.....hmmm....just seemed odd to me at first...hmmm....i heard some sample "soaking" music at the bookstore...
hope people arent falling asleep ^_^ .................jk

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys...I had a chance to the Toronto Airport fellowship tonight - was pretty refreshing.
Just a question - they seem to big on "soaking" ...and have sessions, music for this...so people just relax, lie down during the service..

This is slightly a new concept for me - anyone have thoughts on this?

thx

We have been doing something similar to this on Sunday evenings and from what people have told me, it is quite powerful. To me it is very similar to altar time.

Upvote 0

dreamingflower

May 11, 2008
At my dining table with a cart of devotional books
✟15,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I need to try that one day when my daughter isn't here LOL.

we use to do that at our old church durinf prayer meetings. It's very powerful. I remember always crying (good crying) during those service cause he would touch me in a way that was indescribable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Will we did it occasionally at prayer meetings, and it taught me to take the time to get quiet on the inside. Being prone is comfortable and for me helps disallow so many distractions. Moses frequently prostated himself before the Lord.

During the early years being prone helped me to lay aside my cares and worries and focus on Jesus. Now a days I rarely lay down, but by daily habit can get quiet on the inside - even in a public place.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.