✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I hope this is so, criada. I pray it is so. :hug:

I also pray that the conservative members who left previously will return; otherwise it will be a forum without a soul. :prayer:
That is not so. It has been great here.
Why people who left and said how horrible it is want to return is beyond me.
Its been good these 2 weeks.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The beliefs in our SoF may not be questioned *whasoever* in this forum. If you see posts that are debating it, or trolling, please report them so we can go to it :hug:

The little hitch seems to be that attitudes can also be a form of dispute with our Statement of Faith as posted.

http://foru.ms/t6377207-cc-statement-of-faith-and-guidelines.html

"...Truth and Love are both God's character. All truth can be expressed in love.

When addressing others in the forum we should hold ourselves accountable to the belief that all people are created in God's image, and as such deserve a basic level of respect, regardless of their deeds.

This is not meant to muzzle honest discourse or comment, but to remind that all truth, must be expressed in love. "

"Our Christian faith cannot be separated from our views on politics and society, or any other area of life.

The Conservative Christian worldview holds the following values and views to be necessary expressions of Christian morality based upon Holy Scripture and the established teachings of the Christian Church."

:sigh:

Reactions: rmw8855
Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The little hitch seems to be that attitudes can also be a form of dispute with our Statement of Faith as posted.

http://foru.ms/t6377207-cc-statement-of-faith-and-guidelines.html

"...Truth and Love are both God's character. All truth can be expressed in love.

When addressing others in the forum we should hold ourselves accountable to the belief that all people are created in God's image, and as such deserve a basic level of respect, regardless of their deeds.

This is not meant to muzzle honest discourse or comment, but to remind that all truth, must be expressed in love. "

"Our Christian faith cannot be separated from our views on politics and society, or any other area of life.

The Conservative Christian worldview holds the following values and views to be necessary expressions of Christian morality based upon Holy Scripture and the established teachings of the Christian Church."

You're right, Latreia :hug: But we really will be serving the forum much more effectively now, as we can go on context as well as specific rule breaks. It'll be very different, and very wonderful in here from now on :hug:

Upvote 0

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You're right, Latreia :hug: But we really will be serving the forum much more effectively now, as we can go on context as well as specific rule breaks. It'll be very different, and very wonderful in here from now on :hug:
:hug: :hug:

:)

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys,

Everyone here wants a peaceful and God driven forum. This forum was started with the purpose of uniting Christians with conservative beliefs irregardless of denomination. The SoF's reflect that and will be enforced, however, all of us must do our part. Like Greeny said, please report posts that are not consistent with our SoF. I also want to add that we need to learn to keep from feeding the trolls and lurkers. We need to show our love without compromising our beliefs. Paul said to teach and rebuke with patience and love.
God is here in this forum. Please remember that before posting in anger. We can still have our heavenly cake and eat it too. :groupray:

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The more vociferous dissidents ganged up with their own threads in Christian Clubs:scratch:
and assuaged their bitterness at a safer distance.

The less militant conservative Christians were forced out of CCC "earlier."

That is, during a period of time in which CCC was simply uninhabitable.

If the probation ending means that some think they can begin another campaign with the same agendas, a few FSB's would be so helpful, if they were still authorized.

Frankly, it would be appropriate for the members of CCC to be enjoying the holiday season and fellowship with joy and warm attitudes towards each other.

:groupray:

This post makes me feel as if those of us who left in protest are not welcome back. Am I misunderstanding something?

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This post makes me feel as if those of us who left in protest are not welcome back. Am I misunderstanding something?

Lisa

Of course you are wanted back, Lisa.

All we ask is that you and the others return without all the protests and subtle forms of double talk or ignoring OP's that are made for friendly, loving fellowship instead of contentious issues and agendas.

We ask that problems and debates be confined to the threads and other CF fora that are made for those posts.

It would be wonderful for everyone to return and take up Christian good will in discussions.

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

All we ask is that you and the others return without all the protests and subtle forms of double talk or ignoring OP's that are made for friendly, loving fellowship instead of contentious issues and agendas.

We ask that problems and debates be confined to the threads and other CF fora that are made for those posts.

It would be wonderful for everyone to return and take up Christian good will in discussions.

"We" and "Others", Latriea? Do you wonder why I feel shunned right now?

That's okay, guys. I prefer the freedom of the ghetto.

Lisa

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

Well said,

I concur with this, well spoken Latreia:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"We" and "Others", Latriea? Do you wonder why I feel shunned right now?

That's okay, guys. I prefer the freedom of the ghetto.

Lisa

Was about to mention that I do not remember anyone who told you to leave before. It was part of your protest, and that is what you had, and for the others who followed you.

There are many who would prefer a little freedom and sanctuary here, and be more than glad to follow the rules and allow staff to guide them.

It is sad that you seem to overlook anyone else's feelings who do like it here with other Christians of like-minded traditional values and sentiments. (Notice LIKE-minded, we like it.)

Reactions: Tenebrae
Upvote 0

rmw8855

Robin 8^)
May 25, 2007
California
✟67,202.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Lisa, you are not a 2nd class citizen and you have not been banned to the ghetto. You choose to leave because you did not like the probationary rules. You are also free to come back. You are family, we love you and everyone else who chose to leave. :hug:

I think alot of people were hurt on both sides of the argument during the fighting before the probation. Unfortunately it sometimes takes awhile for those wounds to heal. :hug:

~~~~~~~~

CCC needs to find a balance. We need to structure our guidelines for how we want this forum to be run and then help the mods in maintaining that. If someone is breaking the rules and causing problems, you don't have to feed the troll - report the post.

Above all we need to respect each other. Disagreement doesn't mean there is no love. Sometimes we just need to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.