So when will PETS get the same priority that reps did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CFpetRESCUER18

I can see where you are coming from zfawz. If it is too much of a struggle to make it so the pet info can be transfered over why not just get the new pet system up and running so we can make our pet however we want to. If someone wants a new one fine. If someone wants to create their new pet to be like their old one then fine. Everyone knows their pets name, color and type.

I guess I'm just tired of all the arguing about the whole thing. Yeah, we were left in the dark about a bunch of stuff for a long time, and yes the pets are very important to a lot of us around here. But there are many priorities that need to be cared for in order for this site to run properly. I miss Holly and Oscar dearly, but I'm willing to hold of on seeing them for a while if it will get the pervs and trollers off of CF asap.

Let's just all keep the techies and staff in our prayers for God to give them the strength and the wisdom to deal with everything in His best timing. And in the meantime, have some fun exploring the rest that CF has to offer. I have been hanging around back in my old stompin' grounds on my Sushi account. Its been great not having so much junk to keep me too busy to do stuff for myself.

Upvote 0
F

~free~

My turtle was (sort of) a gift therefore has sentimental value to me...I do miss her as well as taking care of pets and as a pet worker, I do think this is a priority.

However, today when I signed on, I had a message on my homepage and when I looked at it, was totally disgusted at the filth. I couldn't delete it or report it, I had to hunt down a mod and go through them. I think it is definately a priority to fix the reports.

Regular progress reports would be appreciated, as others have said.

Upvote 0

zfawnz

I am my Father's Daughter, a Child of God!!
Mar 2, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟53,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Why input old data? Because people wanted their old pets. That is the data that has to be entered by hand. Do you want your old pet or not?

yes as I stated if old pets can be recreated it ought to be an option - if plausable - but the owner should perhaps submit a request AFTER the new system is up and THEN the data for those pets that are requested can be netered as opposed to entering ALL of the data for ALL of the pets ALL at one time -there could be a first come first served thread for requests once the new system is set up and the techs can go in the order they are requested ni line as opposed to trying to do it all at once. lie I said several of the old pets were abandoned and/or not cared for by the owners - and that burden was put upon the pet workers to care for those pets. by submitting the requests and entering the data on a case by case basis this not only weeds out the abandoned pets but also elicits the owners to take responsibility for the pets that are recreated as well.

Upvote 0
P

ProfessorMom

I have received many requests from pet owners regarding their pets. When the new P3TZ engine is up and running, we can work on them. :)

Thank you all for being so patient and kind about this. We understand how hard this is for you, and we apologize. We highly value everyone of our members and hold special fondness for all our pet owners. God bless you all.

Upvote 0

zfawnz

I am my Father's Daughter, a Child of God!!
Mar 2, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟53,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I just had to bury my real-life kitty of 15 years - I do not want to bury my virtual pet right now too.

this is understandable - one of the reasons I was first drawn to this area of the board was because Ihad to put 2 of my living cats down last summer. However if it means that we must grieve the old to b eable to love a new pet (and to have a pet) then though it may sound harsh it is not intended BUT life does move on - it cycles around. to some degree we would be being irresponsible to perpetuate the idea that pets could live forever and ever - as we were trying to do in maintaining the abandoned list. it would be tragic to have to concede to lossing the old pets but it will allow more room and efficeincy to the site I believe than trying to reinstate backdated materials (which trying to do this in itself can lead to glitches and tech problems) than to being able to starta again. perhaps rather than seeing the old pets as having passed away we could view it as they have all been given a second chance in life to start over. if cats have 9 lives - how many lives dio the rest of the pets have - at least 2? so can this be the beginning of their second life just as it is the 'new generation' of the site? I have just got a bad feeling about trying to mesh the backdated data into the new system - will it mesh? - can it be done without creating new stress on the new servers? - is it a responsible use of time management on the tech staff - knowning that we are only a fraction of the board in total? - these are just a few of the questions that come to mind - I am trying to be a good steward and be realistic at the same time - and trying as I said to maintain open communication by offering different ways to view things - outside the box perhaps but I have always been told by those that love me most that I have good ideas and the only bad ideas are those selfishly kept secret and not at least explored to put to good use - I may not have the ins and outs or all the how tos but I have a very gifted mind - both intellectually and creatively speaking and I just wish I could contribute my ideas somewhere. perhapx this is not the right space - maybe I am all wrong to be again investing time and energy into PET FORUMS in general but if I decide to stay I know I would later regret never having spoken up 'in the beginning' of CF2. I still have not decided if I am staying or leaving but a lot of my decision will be based on wether or not I still feel that my contribution of my time, energy, and affection is being valued and put to the most constructive use.

Upvote 0
C

cfFosterANGEL31

WOW!!! If the hold up for the pets is programming the old pets into this site, please do it LAST!!! Give us the new petz!!! Do any of you know how many hours we spent taking care of ABANDONED pets???? Some have been abandoned for YEARS!!!! Erwin said keep them they may be back. We had to go through lists of pets to see if they were really abandoned or dead!!!! This is why it would be nice to get some input from cfpetrescuer6(our LEADER) or Nurse CF. We don't WANT these pets back!!!! Come on just do the new program first then let members ask to have there old LIVING not ABANDONED pet back!! You never know maybe after they see the NEW pets they won't want the old ones, and new members would never even know about the OLD ones. Communication with some pet workers here sure would be great, we do actually know what is going on.!!

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Redstiletto (Nicole) should be helping out with updates now on features. Please don't swamp her with pms on the pet system, but we'll post in here when she has an update about the pets or a thread with the update information for you all :)

Upvote 0

USNavyBlueAngel

Contributor
May 29, 2007
✟37,279.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
AWESOME!!! Thank you, AngelDove97 ~ that's what we've been wanting all along.... frequent updates! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you again so much, and I will watch this thread on a regular basis now for Nicole's update posts!

Can't wait to read them....

:thumbsup: :amen: :clap: :pray:

Redstiletto (Nicole) should be helping out with updates now on features. Please don't swamp her with pms on the pet system, but we'll post in here when she has an update about the pets or a thread with the update information for you all :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Mod Hat On
marine1.gif

While staff does understand and appreciate your concerns, you have been given the answers that we have at this time. No amount of continuing to hammer can speed up the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.