So very frightened.. (LONG post) TW

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
*Please note: I REALLY needed someone out there to know that all of this has been happening to me, and I tried to change any offensive wording so it would be more appropriate for this website. If anything else is unsuitable, I will gladly edit it further. Thank you for taking the time to read my novel.*
Hello everyone. I can't believe that I have to write this, but I am a thirty-one-year-old female who is disabled, unable to drive or work, and I am basically homebound most of the time. I have no friends to speak of in real life. For the past four years now, I've found myself living nearly three hundred miles away from home with a man who is quite literally the most abusive person I have ever known. Important sidebar: I had been on medicaid and SSI, but now because of a priorly held mortgage I had with my ex husband, I am deemed permanently ineligible to receive any government funding. Social Security counts the value of that propertyagainst me, so now I have no income of my own. Worse yet, my ex husband refuses to remove me from that mortgage, and I have no way of hiring any attorney to fight his decision.

My past requires much explanation, so please forgive my candor. You see, my first marriage ended in 2011 (and that was the last topic I posted about here at CF), and it wasn't until the next few months passed that I realized that my entire perception of that relationship had been completely tainted by the grips of my borderline personality disorder and severe anorexia. It's so difficult to admit this, but in the wake of those looming issues, I actually allowed myself to become the most tyrannical, controlling, possessive, and selfish person imaginable toward my spouse, and I was so wrapped up in myself that I couldn't even see it. For seven years, I tore the man who was the absolute love of my life to utter shreds, and all he ever did was try to appease me. At the time, I honestly believed that HE was abusing ME, when the truth was that I was treating him like utter crap, and his cruelties toward me were for the most part his attempt at defending himself against ME.

Looking back at just how awful I had been to him, I simply cannot believe I let myself do all of that. In hindsight, I had felt so strongly that I simply didn't deserve my then-husband's love that I made it my mission to destroy him, without even noticing what I had done.

It's been nearly seven years since my then husband severed all contact with me, and I yet I still cannot think of him without crying. I miss him every day. It is likely it hurts all the more because of the situation that I'm currently facing. That said, here is the main reason for my post.

I have been married for four very long years to current spouse, who has markedly severe ADHD, although he denies its intensity.

When we first met, he seemed very caring, charismatic, and loving. Initially, it seemed that we had a connection that was worth exploring. He even made a number of hours-long bus trips to visit me at my apartment. Strangely, it wasn't long before we ended up engaged, and I found myself preparing to leave the only place I'd known for twenty-seven years of my life.

Soon after we were married, he began continually binge drinking and physically or psychologically abusing me as well. He did and said everything cruel thing that you could even fathom, from telling that he would love to watch me kill myself to stating that he "wished he could cut out my tongue so that he'd never have to hear my voice again" and he was obsessed with comparing me to his ex-fiancee, whom he constantly told me that he still loved and missed. He spent all of his off time either out at the bar binge drinking until very late in the night, home in front of his computer playing video games, or going out to hockey games, and sadly ALL of that still rings true FOUR years later.

A normal day in my life now consists of him forcing me to spend all of my time by myself in our bedroom alone while he sits in the livingroom playing video games and watching sports and inappropriate contentography. This means that I typically spend about twelve hours a day alone when he's here, and double that if he isn't.

Not a day goes by now that he doesn't still psychologically and emotionally abuse me EVERY TIME I ever try to speak to him in person, so unfortunately, I'm left only ever being able to converse with him on the phone without some sort of problem arising. No matter what I say or do, he will find a reason to batter me with the most heinously cruel threats and insults imaginable- every time I come near him. Most days I am called "an insufferable b****" at least twice, and "divorcing me" is always a go-to topic if I ask him to speak to me. But, those things aren't even really scratching the surface. I could post examples, and I will if someone is curious.

Still though, when he's off, he spends the night before binge drinking until the next morning. If I'm lucky, he sobers up enough not to be abusive when he finally stumbles home.

So here is my new problem, my current spouse forced us to continue to live in a roach and spider infested apartment for THREE YEARS until just three months ago, when due to his mistreatment of the apartment management, he got us forced to officially vacate the apartment.

In my naivety, I actually believed that this new living situation might be a slight improvement in our relationship. To my utter dismay however, not even three weeks after moving to our new apartment, he called me at 3am from the bar and said that HE HAD JUST CHEATED ON ME!!!

This was after all of his excuses over the past four years for refusing to be intimate with me, and then most recently, he told me that he "HATED (intimacy)" and that it was a waste of his time, and that I'd just have to be celibate and deal with it. Worse yet, he tried to make me believe that he had been RAPED by this homewrecking woman he had met at the bar, when the truth was that he didn't fight her off, he "kissed her a lot", and he even allowed her to drive him to the gas station in order to buy protection for the sole purpose of being (intimate) with her!!! To top all of this off, he when got home from having his affair, he mocked me for being angry, and even asked if WE could be intimate the following morning!! He even said that he wanted to use the remaining contraceptives that he had purchased for his affair to be intimate with me!!!

The next day nothing had changed, and he literally expected me to forgive him immediately. He spent the entirety of the next THREE DAYS following his affair playing video games and only stopping to eat, sleep, or be cruel toward me. My reaction to his affair and subsequent behavior was to tell him that I wanted a divorce right away, because I had always told him that cheating was an absolute deal breaker in my opinion. I thought he had agreed. Instead, he told me if that was the case, thst I should pay for the divorce myself, and find somewhere else to live, because he wanted to move on with his life if I was unwilling to forgive him and continue to be married as though nothing had ever happened.

At one point about a week and a half after it happened, my spouse suddenly seemed to have a change of heart and told me that "he would do whatever it took to save our marriage including counseling, medication, even wearing a chastity belt so that I felt secure about him not cheating on me again whenever he's out at the bar". These, of course, were all false promises, because he never followed through with any of them. Instead, it's as though he never cheated on me, as he has already forgotten about it, and told me that it's "my job as a wife to forgive him and give him (intimacy) whenever he needs it, if I expect to continue to have a roof over my head and food in my mouth." He knows that I've called all of the shelters in the area to no avail and I have no family or friends to turn to for help. Also, due to permanent financial constraints, I'm now forced to stay with him indefinitely. He has told me every day since his affair that "he has a RIGHT to be intimate with whomever he pleases whenever he chooses, and since I am unwilling to put out for him, he will ABSOLUTELY be getting intimacy elsewhere, because I CANNOT deny a person intimacy, because he "needs it to stay healthy and sane, so he WILL get it when he wants it". He told me that if I'm not happy with that, to just move out, because I serve no purpose to him now, and he WILL be bringing other people home with him, whether I am still living here. He told me most recently that he "simply isn't monogamous" and he "needs se*(intimacy) in order to stay healthy and sane, and he will NOT be celibate because of me", and that he is "putting his needs above this marriage, because he matters more than I do, so if I want to live with him and still be married, I had better 'put out, soon'".

I have attempted to contact every local homeless shelter I could find to no avail. There is currently only one resource (a shelter advocate) who has agreed to try to take on my extremely twisted case, but due to my particularly odd circumstances and lack of income, even she told me not to hold out much hope of there being much that she can do for me. That being said, I really am frightened out of my mind that this is literally my doom: being trapped with a lying, continually cheating, binge drinking, physically and psychologically abusive spouse who sees no reason to ever change any of his behavior. This can't really be it for me, can it??

Last edited:

VirtualHope

Jan 26, 2016
Northeast
✟7,641.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reading your story has brought tears to my eyes and my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine that you must feel ten times worse living under these circumstances.

But even though your situation is very difficult and the acts done against you are totally unacceptable, your physical safety is what concerns me the most right now.

I realize that you haven't any real friends in the area but is there a neighbor you could ask for help? Or perhaps a church nearby that you could reach out to?

I'd like to share an important resource with you. It's a national Christian organization called Focus on the Family, located in Colorado Springs, CO. I've heard they have a great team of counselors on staff who are available Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 8:00pm Mountain Time. Their services are free of charge and they may be able to direct you to help immediately. Please feel free to give them a call @ 800-A-FAMILY (232-6459). And don't hesitate to call 911 if you feel your life is in immediate danger.

There is much that could be said and explored regarding your options for the marriage you're currently in. But, I think what I'm hearing is a cry for help over your finances and relocating to a safe environment. So, if I'm correct I strongly urge you to continue seeking immediate support. In the meantime, I will be praying for you and this desperate situation.

*Please note: I REALLY needed someone out there to know that all of this has been happening to me, and I tried to change any offensive wording so it would be more appropriate for this website. If anything else is unsuitable, I will gladly edit it further. Thank you for taking the time to read my novel.*
Hello everyone. I can't believe that I have to write this, but I am a thirty-one-year-old female who is disabled, unable to drive or work, and I am basically homebound most of the time. I have no friends to speak of in real life. For the past four years now, I've found myself living nearly three hundred miles away from home with a man who is quite literally the most abusive person I have ever known. Important sidebar: I had been on medicaid and SSI, but now because of a priorly held mortgage I had with my ex husband, I am deemed permanently ineligible to receive any government funding. Social Security counts the value of that propertyagainst me, so now I have no income of my own. Worse yet, my ex husband refuses to remove me from that mortgage, and I have no way of hiring any attorney to fight his decision.

My past requires much explanation, so please forgive my candor. You see, my first marriage ended in 2011 (and that was the last topic I posted about here at CF), and it wasn't until the next few months passed that I realized that my entire perception of that relationship had been completely tainted by the grips of my borderline personality disorder and severe anorexia. It's so difficult to admit this, but in the wake of those looming issues, I actually allowed myself to become the most tyrannical, controlling, possessive, and selfish person imaginable toward my spouse, and I was so wrapped up in myself that I couldn't even see it. For seven years, I tore the man who was the absolute love of my life to utter shreds, and all he ever did was try to appease me. At the time, I honestly believed that HE was abusing ME, when the truth was that I was treating him like utter crap, and his cruelties toward me were for the most part his attempt at defending himself against ME.

Looking back at just how awful I had been to him, I simply cannot believe I let myself do all of that. In hindsight, I had felt so strongly that I simply didn't deserve my then-husband's love that I made it my mission to destroy him, without even noticing what I had done.

It's been nearly seven years since my then husband severed all contact with me, and I yet I still cannot think of him without crying. I miss him every day. It is likely it hurts all the more because of the situation that I'm currently facing. That said, here is the main reason for my post.

I have been married for four very long years to current spouse, who has markedly severe ADHD, although he denies its intensity.

When we first met, he seemed very caring, charismatic, and loving. Initially, it seemed that we had a connection that was worth exploring. He even made a number of hours-long bus trips to visit me at my apartment. Strangely, it wasn't long before we ended up engaged, and I found myself preparing to leave the only place I'd known for twenty-seven years of my life.

Soon after we were married, he began continually binge drinking and physically or psychologically abusing me as well. He did and said everything cruel thing that you could even fathom, from telling that he would love to watch me kill myself to stating that he "wished he could cut out my tongue so that he'd never have to hear my voice again" and he was obsessed with comparing me to his ex-fiancee, whom he constantly told me that he still loved and missed. He spent all of his off time either out at the bar binge drinking until very late in the night, home in front of his computer playing video games, or going out to hockey games, and sadly ALL of that still rings true FOUR years later.

A normal day in my life now consists of him forcing me to spend all of my time by myself in our bedroom alone while he sits in the livingroom playing video games and watching sports and inappropriate contentography. This means that I typically spend about twelve hours a day alone when he's here, and double that if he isn't.

Not a day goes by now that he doesn't still psychologically and emotionally abuse me EVERY TIME I ever try to speak to him in person, so unfortunately, I'm left only ever being able to converse with him on the phone without some sort of problem arising. No matter what I say or do, he will find a reason to batter me with the most heinously cruel threats and insults imaginable- every time I come near him. Most days I am called "an insufferable b****" at least twice, and "divorcing me" is always a go-to topic if I ask him to speak to me. But, those things aren't even really scratching the surface. I could post examples, and I will if someone is curious.

Still though, when he's off, he spends the night before binge drinking until the next morning. If I'm lucky, he sobers up enough not to be abusive when he finally stumbles home.

So here is my new problem, my current spouse forced us to continue to live in a roach and spider infested apartment for THREE YEARS until just three months ago, when due to his mistreatment of the apartment management, he got us forced to officially vacate the apartment.

In my naivety, I actually believed that this new living situation might be a slight improvement in our relationship. To my utter dismay however, not even three weeks after moving to our new apartment, he called me at 3am from the bar and said that HE HAD JUST CHEATED ON ME!!!

This was after all of his excuses over the past four years for refusing to be intimate with me, and then most recently, he told me that he "HATED (intimacy)" and that it was a waste of his time, and that I'd just have to be celibate and deal with it. Worse yet, he tried to make me believe that he had been RAPED by this homewrecking woman he had met at the bar, when the truth was that he didn't fight her off, he "kissed her a lot", and he even allowed her to drive him to the gas station in order to buy protection for the sole purpose of being (intimate) with her!!! To top all of this off, he when got home from having his affair, he mocked me for being angry, and even asked if WE could be intimate the following morning!! He even said that he wanted to use the remaining contraceptives that he had purchased for his affair to be intimate with me!!!

The next day nothing had changed, and he literally expected me to forgive him immediately. He spent the entirety of the next THREE DAYS following his affair playing video games and only stopping to eat, sleep, or be cruel toward me. My reaction to his affair and subsequent behavior was to tell him that I wanted a divorce right away, because I had always told him that cheating was an absolute deal breaker in my opinion. I thought he had agreed. Instead, he told me if that was the case, thst I should pay for the divorce myself, and find somewhere else to live, because he wanted to move on with his life if I was unwilling to forgive him and continue to be married as though nothing had ever happened.

At one point about a week and a half after it happened, my spouse suddenly seemed to have a change of heart and told me that "he would do whatever it took to save our marriage including counseling, medication, even wearing a chastity belt so that I felt secure about him not cheating on me again whenever he's out at the bar". These, of course, were all false promises, because he never followed through with any of them. Instead, it's as though he never cheated on me, as he has already forgotten about it, and told me that it's "my job as a wife to forgive him and give him (intimacy) whenever he needs it, if I expect to continue to have a roof over my head and food in my mouth." He knows that I've called all of the shelters in the area to no avail and I have no family or friends to turn to for help. Also, due to permanent financial constraints, I'm now forced to stay with him indefinitely. He has told me every day since his affair that "he has a RIGHT to be intimate with whomever he pleases whenever he chooses, and since I am unwilling to put out for him, he will ABSOLUTELY be getting intimacy elsewhere, because I CANNOT deny a person intimacy, because he "needs it to stay healthy and sane, so he WILL get it when he wants it". He told me that if I'm not happy with that, to just move out, because I serve no purpose to him now, and he WILL be bringing other people home with him, whether I am still living here. He told me most recently that he "simply isn't monogamous" and he "needs se*(intimacy) in order to stay healthy and sane, and he will NOT be celibate because of me", and that he is "putting his needs above this marriage, because he matters more than I do, so if I want to live with him and still be married, I had better 'put out, soon'".

I have attempted to contact every local homeless shelter I could find to no avail. There is currently only one resource (a shelter advocate) who has agreed to try to take on my extremely twisted case, but due to my particularly odd circumstances and lack of income, even she told me not to hold out much hope of there being much that she can do for me. That being said, I really am frightened out of my mind that this is literally my doom: being trapped with a lying, continually cheating, binge drinking, physically and psychologically abusive spouse who sees no reason to ever change any of his behavior. This can't really be it for me, can it??

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I agree you need to find some help. From my experience with BPD you will need a few years of help to learn to regulate your emotions.
Its one to two years just to take DBT therapy.

I think its very unlikely that you can find help thru a message board.

If you were honest with us, I don't think your 1st marriage was 100% your fault and this 2nd marriage is 100% his fault. Those two things don't add up.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I hope you are still around to read this.

First, I am very sorry to hear of your past troubles and current situation.
Second, it seems to me that, as hard as it was to write and admit, you have repented what you have done in the past - at least I hope so. If you haven't, I strongly advise you do so - and to read His Word (again, if you haven't been already. I only say this because it isn't mentioned in your post).

What this man is doing is totally cowardly. He's deeply insecure, so much so, that he is willing to throw himself into a ditch. From what you have written and described is not a man at all, but a pest. This "man" is not saved, if he truly were, he wouldn't be doing any of the things he's said and done in its potency. In reality of what the Bible tells us is that he is already dead, there is no life in him. 1 John 5:12
However, this doesn't mean to rejoice in that but to rather do good to evil: Proverbs 25:21-22 Believe me, I know this is way easier said than done...

I grew up with a tyrannical dad, though not to the point of what you describe and then again, like a freight train without breaks, it was bound to become just that had I not run away. I was truly terrified of my dad. As years passed by, I forgave my dad bit by bit throughout said years. My mom left my dad leaving me behind and taking my two younger sisters away. I remember that day unlike any other. When I woke up that morning, it felt empty, like something was missing. My dad was already up and about and told me that they had left in the middle of the night. She left because she, too, was afraid of him. He was so abusive and hostile to us all. It's so unfortunate that my dad sown the seed of malice to make that his history to my testimony... (but then again, he wasn't a Christian then either, and thank God he has been saved! However, he still has those moments where he doesn't control himself and I seriously think he needs help with his anger).

So, to some degree, I can relate to your situation.

I wish I could give you more direction to your situation, but I will leave that for you and God - trust in Him and He will guide you out of it, if not through it. You are definitely in my prayers. :prayer:

Upvote 0

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks everyone for your support. I'm still around, at least for the moment. The following is a snapshot of the past day for me..
As usual, things continue to worsen by the day, here is January 29th:

When I tried to speak to him after dinner about why we can never talk to each other in person, he proceeded to fart at me multiple times and giggle saying "and that is my response to that". I also asked him why he can never once look up from his phone at dinner or even turn around and speak to me at his computer, and he had the same response that he's had for the past several years: he belched at me twice, pulled his hood over his head, put his headphones on with blaring pop music and began singing and gesturing at me as loudly as he could.

Not long before that occured, he had been calling me foul names and telling me that I was "the most useless, worthless person he had ever met, and a piece of sh**" whom he would "find a way to divorce and couldnt wait to never see again" all because he "didn't want to talk about our marriage- ever", yet he has no problem saying things to me like "think you want my "d*** in your v*****," or, "you need my d*** up your a**" so incredibly crude, and he says these things to me at random, or else, usually in response to me telling him that I want him to help me take out the trash, or something else that he'd told me had take care of.

Yesterday, he even called my mother, who has been married to my father for over thirty years, a 'who**"!!! This was because I had asked him why had chosen to ignore me all day whenever he had said he wouldn't.

He knows that I have been suicidal for over half of my life, and I asked him again if he wants me to just go ahead and kill myself, to which he said as usual, "meh, do what you have to do."

Here's the part where I have to admit that I couldn't take any more verbal abuse. The insults just got more and more cruel, and since I never know what to do about how he treats me, I instinctively began hurling plastic bottles at him to try to get him to stop taunting me. It is terrible I know, and he has always told me that there's "no sense in trying to defend yourself, because there's nothing TO defend when it comes to you." Maybe he's right. I understand my wrongful behavior, and I am the first person to admit my transgressions to everyone.

Still, I just couldn't stand his tormenting any longer, and by the third time of my tossing containers at him, he, of course, picked me up by my underarms where I was standing and half-dragged me into the bedroom, and tried to hurl me into the bed. I landed on the floor, and he slammed the door behind himself.
Then came the following few hours of me crying desperately alone in a dark bedroom while he sat in front of his video games, inappropriate contentography, anime, and drinking beer.

Then tonight, just as he went to sleep, he gave me his daily warning: "You keep denying me se*. You are such a selfish, abusive bit**!! 'waaa my husband had an affair, waaa. Grow up!! I have needs, and I matter more than YOU. End of story. Maybe if you were a better wife, I wouldn't have gone looking for se*!!! If you don't put out by the end of the year, I WILL BE cheating on you again, because I'm NOT GOING to be celibate for YOU, so get used to it..don't you have a floor to go sleep on?!" So here I sit for the past two and half hours at 1am, on atop an old tv stand, while he snores peacefully just behind the door.

There you have eight hours of a typical day of my life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
foodie ... so sorry you are going thru that. It would be very hard for anyone to ignore all that and not respond. I would say it would be good to find a way to not take on the comments that put you down. I think they probably speak a lot about his insecurities more than they speak about who you are.

I wish I knew a way for you to help him change. Doesn't sound like he feels any need to change.

Upvote 0

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
foodie ... so sorry you are going thru that. It would be very hard for anyone to ignore all that and not respond. I would say it would be good to find a way to not take on the comments that put you down. I think they probably speak a lot about his insecurities more than they speak about who you are.

I wish I knew a way for you to help him change. Doesn't sound like he feels any need to change.

Dayhiker,
With all due respect, I am not paraphrasing the things that my spouse says to me every day. These are his EXACT words, and he has said things like this to me since the beginning of our relationship. To claim that my spouse doesn't "feel the need to change" is an extreme understatement. In fact, every single time I tell him that I have a problem with his actions or the way he choses to treat me, he simply tells me to "get used to it!!", or "that seems like a personal problem, so divorce me if you don't like it. I'm not going to change who I am. Period."

Upvote 0

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Despite all the cruelty I underwent over the past twenty four hours, today I attempted to initiate intimacy with my spouse. He has tried to guilt or pressure me into it since the day after his affair. That was nearly four months ago. Since he lacks any remorse and even makes twice daily threats of repeating his affair, I have spent all these months trying to process the event, and also find a way to overlook it. To be honest, it's been nearly impossible to do. It's one thing to have an affair and then be so utterly ashamed that you know that that was a one-time mistake never ever to be repeated again. But having a drunken affair with some random wasted woman at a bar, lying and calling it a rape, and then telling your wife that you did everything in your power to ENCOURAGE the affair because you wanted and enjoyed it, and can't wait to have more of them is an entirely different story.

So here is what happened today. I attempted several times to finally appease his constant pressure toward me about intimacy. Each time, he became more and more unkind. He called me a crazy bi***, said that he hated me and couldnt be more disinterested, and topped all that off by saying a was a pathetic loser.
After his basically forcing me about the issue all morning, I took the opportunity to say that "no wasn't an option this time", but then as usual, he found any and every reason to completely reject my advances. "Don't touch me, get away from me, stay away from me..I NEVER want to have se* with you again!!!" He said this over and over, each time twisting that dagger into my heart just a bit further. "I wanted to have se* with (her) because I'm not married to her and she isn't a crazy stupid b**** like you. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Dam* straight, I can't wait to cheat on you again, with anyone I can find, as long as it isn't with YOU. You don't turn me on, look at you, who would want you, the way that you act??" Then he threated to duct tape my hands together if I wouldn't leave him alone. I asked him why he didn't reject that woman the way that he has continually rejected me, and again, he said "because she isn't YOU."

Then he began singing at the top of his lungs about running away from someone whom you know is nothing but a mistake. I was so full of sorrow over all of this being the result of my efforts, that I proceeded to rip up a framed picture from our wedding day. My spouse never once noticed it setting up nearby him every day whenever he looks at other women online or at inappropriate contentography, so I destroyed that photo the way he shatters my heart.

Worse yet, amid all of this, he has of course decided that tonight, rather than coming straight home from work, he will be going out drinking all night, and eluded to the fact that he intends to cheat on me again. So yeah, here I am not even four months later, awaiting yet another early morning phone call from my spouse saying that he has just had a second affair. How is this my life?? I will post an update later regarding the outcome, but please pray that I'm wrong this time, and that he won't lie and try to tell me he didn't do it once more when he actually did. Ughh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Despite all the cruelty I underwent over the past twenty four hours, today I attempted to initiate intimacy with my spouse. He has tried to guilt or pressure me into it since the day after his affair. That was nearly four months ago. Since he lacks any remorse and even makes twice daily threats of repeating his affair, I have spent all these months trying to process the event, and also find a way to overlook it. To be honest, it's been nearly impossible to do. It's one thing to have an affair and then be so utterly ashamed that you know that that was a one-time mistake never ever to be repeated again. But having a drunken affair with some random wasted woman at a bar, lying and calling it a rape, and then telling your wife that you did everything in your power to ENCOURAGE the affair because you wanted and enjoyed it, and can't wait to have more of them is an entirely different story.

So here is what happened today. I attempted several times to finally appease his constant pressure toward me about intimacy. Each time, he became more and more unkind. He called me a crazy bi***, said that he hated me and couldnt be more disinterested, and topped all that off by saying a was a pathetic loser.
After his basically forcing me about the issue all morning, I took the opportunity to say that "no wasn't an option this time", but then as usual, he found any and every reason to completely reject my advances. "Don't touch me, get away from me, stay away from me..I NEVER want to have se* with you again!!!" He said this over and over, each time twisting that dagger into my heart just a bit further. "I wanted to have se* with (her) because I'm not married to her and she isn't a crazy stupid b**** like you. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Dam* straight, I can't wait to cheat on you again, with anyone I can find, as long as it isn't with YOU. You don't turn me on, look at you, who would want you, the way that you act??" Then he threated to duct tape my hands together if I wouldn't leave him alone. I asked him why he didn't reject that woman the way that he has continually rejected me, and again, he said "because she isn't YOU."

Then he began singing at the top of his lungs about running away from someone whom you know is nothing but a mistake. I was so full of sorrow over all of this being the result of my efforts, that I proceeded to rip up a framed picture from our wedding day. My spouse never once noticed it setting up nearby him every day whenever he looks at other women online or at inappropriate contentography, so I destroyed that photo the way he shatters my heart.

Worse yet, amid all of this, he has of course decided that tonight, rather than coming straight home from work, he will be going out drinking all night, and eluded to the fact that he intends to cheat on me again. So yeah, here I am not even four months later, awaiting yet another early morning phone call from my spouse saying that he has just had a second affair. How is this my life?? I will post an update later regarding the outcome, but please pray that I'm wrong this time, and that he won't lie and try to tell me he didn't do it once more when he actually did. Ughh.

You need out! ASP you need out. I believe by what you say you need to call the Police or local authorities. Clearly they have some sort of resource to help you with. There has to be some state agency that will help. Have you called any church ? His abuse and you landing on the floor is intolerable. I don't care what he has told you, but you have been made in Gods image and He loves you, problems and all! Get out even if you spend nights in Jail, at least no one will abuse you like he has. Please for your safety sake leave.ASAP. He sounds like he is capable of killing you in a drunken rage. You must have self respect and get out. I will pray for you. You must assume he is dangerous and get away from him.

Reactions: foodiepeep
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ya, I'd have no problem with a separation after being treated that way.
My spouse has always viewed separation as merely an excuse to see other people. We are far beyond that now. I am much too unwell with internal damage due to my current eating disorder to have to deal with all of this every day, so as awful as it may be, should I ever find the resources and the means, I will be moving to a homeless shelter and eventually filing for a divorce. I can't live with someone who is continually having affairs and then returning home and sleeping in bed with me like it didn't happen. I simply can't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
I don't think this is salvageable at all. You should leave ASAP to protect yourself. :(

It is sad to hear that both you and him have psychological disorders. When a disease to the mind is involved, all logic goes out the window. What he is doing is not what a normal person would do. And he is too sick to even know what he is doing.

Upvote 0

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't think this is salvageable at all. You should leave ASAP to protect yourself. :(

It is sad to hear that both you and him have psychological disorders. When a disease to the mind is involved, all logic goes out the window. What he is doing is not what a normal person would do. And he is too sick to even know what he is doing.

I truly believe that if a person wants to change badly enough, they can. I am living proof that a person who was once clouded by an emotional disorder can learn to overcome its grasp. Sadly, however, neither my spouse, nor anyone whom he surrounds himself with, ever even finds anything wrong with his behavior or decisions. In fact, when he told his family and friends about his affair, all they told was that they were "disappointed in him, but they still loved him", and to divorce me immediately. His father told him that he feared that I might "stab [my spouse] to death in his sleep" because of his infidelity, when in truth I am much too focused upon wishing that I could just die at this point. His family had that very same reaction to hearing of his extreme physical and psychological abuse toward me. I firmly believe that my spouse likely has narcissistic personality disorder coupled with his severe ADHD because he has many of the criteria for it, and of course he is the caring, nice, charismatic, fun loving person I met to everyone whom he deals with while in public, and someone else entirely whenever he is behind closed doors with me. NO ONE aside from a few random souls out there and my parents have ever had the displeasure of having to witness the version of himself that he saves for me, and let me tell you, the outside world has NO idea who they're dealing with. None of his former lovers even ever had to contend with any sort of abuse from him. It was literally as though he waited to unleash it all just for me.

Worse yet, he also hides the fact that along with every other torment, he contantly tells me that he "is really a bisexual woman trapped inside a man's body" and continually talks about how he wishes he could dress like a female. He even goes so far as to wear women's yoga pants as often as he can, and I find it extremely appalling and disrespectful to our marriage that he insists on displaying himself like this around me. At one point very early in our marriage, I had been in a dressing room a popular clothing store with him, and I had two dresses that I had been considering. To my great dismay, my spouse decided that he should put on one of those dresses and take a picture of himself to post on his Facebook. Rarely can I ever go to clothing boutique now without him telling me that he would "look cute" in some woman's outfit on a rack.

Little did I realize that that was only the beginning of the constant impending torment he would eventually subject me to regarding the fact that he "can't help that he's just more female than male inside". smh. I'm sorry to go off on a tangent here. Dealing with all of that just further compounds things for me..at any rate, I'm only anxiously rambling here because there are still many hours to go until whether I find out if he cheated again, and irregardless of that, I will likely have to endure his severe drunkeness tonight, and I have to pray that he doesn't do something terrible to me later. (*yes, I'm also rather fearful that my spouse could try to sue me over character defamation if he ever finds these entries, but still, very unfortunately for me, everything I write in these posts is the absolute unexaggerated truth, and all I want is to feel like someone out there knows what my life is like). His binge drinking is constant afear of mine, as he has done awful things to me while drunk, to the point that he almost suffocated me under his passed out body twice, and because of my physical limitations, I could not lift his two hundred pounds off of myself. It was terrifying. There is literally no way of me controlling his behavior at all, no locks to keep him away from me, so I'm left praying that he passes out somewhere that isn't a danger to me, but typically it ends up being that he throws himself to the ground in a main area that I can't get by, so I'm trapped for sometimes hours in corners of rooms because he is practically comatose-ly drunk. Again, please pray that nothing awful happens to me tonight..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So, my spouse just came drunkenly stumbling through the door at 12:30am after a night of drinking, and told me that his father is still convinced I'm going to kill him in his sleep, and that my spouse should move in with him. (I hope that he didn't do anything inappropriate with someone again, but I will likely never know.)
Atop all that, just before passing out asleep, my spouse told me that he "absolutely doesn't regret cheating on me, because it was a new experience", and he refuses to "beat himself up about it".

I tried to tell a mutual friend how troubled I am about my spouse's behavior, and of course the first thing this "friend" did was tell me in no uncertain terms that I am JUST as guilty of abusing my spouse because he has witnessed me being mentally and emotionally abusive toward my spouse as well as blatantly refusing to be intimate with him over and over. This person said that because of my actions toward my spouse, I basically deserve his continued infidelity. He said that all I ever do is try to find reasons to hate my spouse, so it makes sense that he is deciding to be unfaithful, and that either way, his se* life should no longer be my concern if I'm going to treat him so poorly.

All of this is so unfathomably hurtful. NO ONE has seen the ways that my spouse has abused me over the past four years. No one sees it, because it's the version of himself that he saves just for me. No one knows that none of this was evident about him until we were already married, and then things just rapidly unraveled by the day. No one saw that he would lash out at me without provocation. No one has heard him call me a "lazy, useless bit**" or a "who**" nearly every day of our marriage because he expects a wife who will cook, clean, serve him in whatever way he sees fit, please him intimately on demand, and rear children for him while he goes out drinking. No one saw him tell me that he was going to abandon me in my wheelchair in the middle of no where time and time again. No one knows that he forces me to stay alone in a bedroom for eight or more hours a day because he doesn't want to deal with me. No one sees that he literally spends every waking moment in front of his computer screen or on his phone, refusing to ever speak to me. No one knows that he will only take me out of the house once a month only if I haven't done something to anger him, and that ninety-nine percent of the time he changes his mind about letting me go out as we are walking out the door. No one knows that he has threated to divorce me at least once a day for our entire marriage. No one knows that he spends all of his nights off at the bar binge drinking and flirting and being intimate with other woman while I am waiting for him at home at all hours of the day and night. No one saw him hold me down on the bed and slap the heck out of my torso until it was bright red and covered in welts in the shape of handprints. No one saw him choke me or throw me into a wall. No one saw him knock me down and repeatedly. kick me in the side as I lay on the ground..No one heard him tell me that he'd sell me for a six pack of beer and hockey tickets, or that the only reason my parents even love me is because I'm their daughter. No one heard him tell me for more than two years straight that intimacy with me was an utter waste of his time because I was just not his type, or that I wasn't his exes, or that if I didn't want to have an open marriage, he wouldn't touch me. No one heard him say that he is entitled to have affairs because he has needs that I can't fulfill for him, or that unless I bear children for him, there's no point in being intimate with me. I guess I'm just so incredibly awful that something I've done or continue to do could actually warrant all of this mistreatment ..I could go on with more and more examples, but I need to cry now.
My life, everybody..ughhh *feeling SO alone*

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I found my old account and managed to remember my pass word there is hope for me yet.. I am here reading... and I am a friend always.. Even just getting this outside of you.. writing it down.. must help you.. cause having all that inside PLUS live in it daily must be incredibly difficult.. I am glad some people are responding.. so well done dear friend for being brave and sharing your life here.. I believe this is a start to getting help..

LORD I pray that my friend here knows what to do.. or someone is alerted to her situation or an angel unawares helps her out of the heart ache and abuse that she is going through every single day.. Father GOD YOU have said you will set the lonely in families, lead the prisoners out with singing... from Psalm 68:6 I pray and believe that you will set this dear beautiful friend in a family situation where she is supported and loved and can find healing and a whole new life. To no longer be a prisoner in a marriage she is not safe in amen

Reactions: foodiepeep
Upvote 0

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The latest from today was first the constant reiteration that my spouse "doesn't regret having an affair" and that he "has never done anything wrong". Once again, he mocked me for being upset about his statements with his typical line: "waaa poor you, your husband had an affair, grow up, it happens, get used to it."

The day dragged on as usual since, like always, he told me that he was going to take me out, but after I got ready, he just laid in bed and guilted me about it. I never got to go anywhere. I've been stuck indoors for eighteen days so far because he simply won't take me out..yeah, fun.

Nothing of note happened until my spouse called me after work. Then suddenly I found myself being accused of having an affair, which obviously, there is no truth to it all. This fight came about because apparently some random guy called my spouse and told him "not to talk to his girlfriend", so automatically, I must be cheating on HIM.

So now I have to believe that there would be no other reason for such a thing to have occurred unless MY SPOUSE is having an ongoing affair with someone. I asked him if he was, and of course he denied it. ..Like I can trust him at all. Are you kidding me??! So great..more lies, more affairs, and yet there he is, asleep right next to me, cheating on me continually, and pressuring me about being intimate with him constantly. How lucky am I??

Upvote 0

foodiepeep

May 24, 2010
in my moonchair
✟8,203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Warning: Very Explicit

Today marked what I consider to be the true unofficial end to my marriage.
My spouse has made me aware that he is now cross dressing and wearing makeup because he yearns to be a female, and identifies as a bi-se*ual.
Prior to yesterday, he had only threated to proceed in this sort of activity **(which I had only been informed of AFTER we got married), but now he has begun wearing (and hiding) ladies undergarments, and purchasing intimacy aids for his personal use with inappropriate contentography.

He called me a BIGOT because I simply do not want to be with a psychologically and physically abusive, binge drinking, continually cheating, and now CROSS DRESSING person.

Due to my reaction to his decisions, my spouse claims that atop being intimate with other people, he will be filing for a divorce. He is forcing me to sleep on the livingroom floor, since I don't want to sleep next to him after all of these developments, and he refuses to buy a futon for me. I cannot wait until he starts bringing other people home with him to be intimate with..ughhh What a life.

Upvote 0