United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Florida man lights Catholic Church on fire with parishioners inside

A definite arson in Ocala FL. Motive is not yet known. The arsonist has been apprehended.

Mission founded by St. Junípero Serra burns in overnight fire

In California Mission San Gabriel burns. It isn't safe for fire investigators yet to enter the ruins to investigate. So it's possible that it was not arson. But we'll see. This is one of the churches founded by Junipero Serra, whose statues are defaced, toppled, and destroyed with increasing frequency.

Last edited:

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

A definite arson in Ocala FL. Motive is not yet known. The arsonist has been apprehended.

In California Mission San Gabriel burns. It isn't safe for fire investigators yet to enter the ruins to investigate. So it's possible that it was not arson. But we'll see. This is one of the churches founded by Junipero Serra, whose statues are defaced, topples, and destroyed with increasing frequency.

Yep, just like they said they would. I'm still waiting to see what they say about the Florida incident, some are saying he's just a crazy guy. But the fact that Saint Serra founded the Mission makes it pretty obvious that it's burning was an organized and intentional act, likely perpetrated by BLM guerrilla terrorists. For that I hope retribution is swift, righteous, and without mercy.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yep, just like they said they would. I'm still waiting to see what they say about the Florida incident, some are saying he's just a crazy guy. But the fact that Saint Serra founded the Mission makes it pretty obvious that it's burning was an organized and intentional act, likely perpetrated by BLM guerrilla terrorists. For that I hope retribution is swift, righteous, and without mercy.
Retribution is up to God. The civil authorities now have to pursue justice or show themselves as just an adjunct to the mobs.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In California Mission San Gabriel burns. It isn't safe for fire investigators yet to enter the ruins to investigate. So it's possible that it was not arson. But we'll see. This is one of the churches founded by Junipero Serra, whose statues are defaced, toppled, and destroyed with increasing frequency.
Sounds like you may be jumping to conclusions.

Why not wait for the facts to be discovered ?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yep, just like they said they would.
They have attacked and defaced numerous churches and synagogues already all over the place.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sounds like you may be jumping to conclusions.

The Ocala FL case is an arson. The perp has been apprehended. Motive is not apparent yet. But the conclusion of deliberate arson is not 'jumping' to any conclusion.

As far as the San Gabriel Mission fire I did note that there is no conclusion yet as to arson or something else as the building isn't safe enough yet for inspectors to enter.

I think you jumped to a conclusion about my jumping to a conclusion.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Retribution is up to God.

Then let us arrange the meeting.

They have attacked and defaced numerous churches and synagogues already all over the place.

Indeed they have. They are instruments of the diabolical, this is merely a phase in a larger plan that wants to evict Christendom from every nook and cranny of the Earth to advance it's intention of world governance.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I hope the authorities catch them but I'm not going to assume who "they" are. The Mission is a perfect cover for any arsonist individual or any group who wants to cause mayhem.
Maybe it will become clear who 'they' are. Or maybe the California fire was accidental. I do consider it suspicious though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ocala FL case is an arson. The perp has been apprehended. Motive is not apparent yet. But the conclusion of deliberate arson is not 'jumping' to any conclusion.
So ... you've presumed a connection between that perp ... and the "they" that you refer to in your OP title ?

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
So ... you've presumed a connection between that perp ... and the "they" that you refer to in your OP title ?
Who did I identify as 'they'? It might be antifa. It might be nobody in particular. For now we have one definite arson and one suspicious fire overnight.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it will become clear who 'they' are. Or maybe the California fire was accidental. I do consider it suspicious though.
I edited my post because I didn't realize they had actually caught the man who did it in FL.
Wasn't it Native American people who were protesting against honoring the Catholic priest who founded the Mission in CA?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I edited my post because I didn't realize they had actually caught the man who did it in FL.
A suspect has been apprehended. No motive is yet known. Maybe later.
Wasn't it Native American people who were protesting against honoring the Catholic priest who founded the Mission in CA?
I'm not sure who all actually is dissing Junipero Serra and has defaced or destroyed statues of him. There are many statues toppled and I don't know who all have taken responsibility. Anyone who knows anything about Junipero Serra would find it odd.

Stay tuned for anything about the cause of the fire, and if anyone is either apprehended or takes responsibility for the fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is usually a sensible policy.

However, considering how often the "news" media bury relevant facts or even sometimes entire stories, I don't see the harm in stating the obvious here in this thread. Specifically, that this was likely an anti-religious hate crime perpetrated by BLM and antifa terrorists.

Nobody has explained to me why Catholics shouldn't defend their buildings and statues from attack by hostile parties.

you-gonna-die-for-this-statue-someone-is01.jpg

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is usually a sensible policy.

However, considering how often the "news" media bury relevant facts or even sometimes entire stories, I don't see the harm in stating the obvious here in this thread. Specifically, that this was likely an anti-religious hate crime perpetrated by BLM and antifa terrorists.
Waiting for the facts ... can save one from having to apologize for being presumptive later ...

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Waiting for the facts ... can save one from having to apologize for being presumptive later ...
Okay, so let’s try this again.

I don’t trust the media to ever deliver the straight forward facts in an honest way.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OCALA, Florida — A man accused of setting a Florida church on fire was being held without bail Sunday on charges that include attempted second-degree murder and arson.

The Marion County Sheriff’s Office charged Steven Shields, 23, on Saturday, hours after detectives say he plowed a minivan through the front door of Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala, doused the foyer with gasoline and set it on fire, causing extensive damage.

Several people were inside preparing for Mass when the attack occurred early Saturday, but no one was hurt.

According to court documents, Shields told detectives he is mentally ill but had stopped taking his medication, the Ocala Star-Banner reported.

Shields told detectives what he did was “awesome,” and he smiled and laughed, the affidavit said. He told detectives he was “on a mission,” called himself “king” and that he has problems with the Catholic Church and referenced passages in the Bible’s Book of Revelations.

Services were being held Sunday in another part of the church.

The Marion County Public Defender’s Office was closed Sunday and not accepting phone messages.

Man charged in arson attack on Catholic Church in Florida

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
OCALA, Florida — A man accused of setting a Florida church on fire was being held without bail Sunday on charges that include attempted second-degree murder and arson.

The Marion County Sheriff’s Office charged Steven Shields, 23, on Saturday, hours after detectives say he plowed a minivan through the front door of Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala, doused the foyer with gasoline and set it on fire, causing extensive damage.

Several people were inside preparing for Mass when the attack occurred early Saturday, but no one was hurt.

According to court documents, Shields told detectives he is mentally ill but had stopped taking his medication, the Ocala Star-Banner reported.

Shields told detectives what he did was “awesome,” and he smiled and laughed, the affidavit said. He told detectives he was “on a mission,” called himself “king” and that he has problems with the Catholic Church and referenced passages in the Bible’s Book of Revelations.

Services were being held Sunday in another part of the church.

The Marion County Public Defender’s Office was closed Sunday and not accepting phone messages.

Man charged in arson attack on Catholic Church in Florida
The facts seem to be that this was an act of arson done while the perp knew people were inside the building.

We got any legal beagles in the thread? Charges of arson seem obvious but is there something here too about attempted homicide or something?

Upvote 0