He's here, the Phantom of the Opera
Jul 18, 2007
La La Land
✟9,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just thought I'd share this because it's so goofy it makes me laugh.

Yesterday DH and I were trying to meet up with SS and DIL so that DH could see his grandkids. DH was talking to DIL on the phone to discuss time and place, and DIL was naming off all the things she had to do first. One of the things she had to do was breastfeed her baby and she tells DH she has to give the baby some _____ (nickname for breast). Really now, who else would tell that to their FIL? DH was telling me "wouldn't it have been enough for her to say she had to feed the baby?" I just told him "oh well, at least we can get a good laugh out of it."

DIL is one of those people who thinks everything is all about her. She acts like it's all about her kids, but it's really all about her not having to take any responsibilty. She decided to have them, but it's everyone else's problem to deal with them. She's one of those parents who insists on bringing her screaming kid with her into a church service and she says it's the preacher's job to be able to talk over the screaming kid. It's stuff like this where I just have to shake my head, roll my eyes, and mentally call her "idiot".

Ramy

Mar 6, 2008
✟7,658.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Some people love their kids very much and some other hates them very much because of one reason called( responsibility ).
it can make you a dove or a snake
But a christian who believes in Love can be both ( A dove and a snake !) for the befitting benefit of the children .
I think that feeling responsibility is a divine gift and power should be used wisely.
personaly I don't have it .

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
One of the things she had to do was breastfeed her baby and she tells DH she has to give the baby some _____ (nickname for breast).

Some ____? (shrug) Yeah... I suppose some people kinda just like to give everyone the inside scoop.;) Just give'em the old :|

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some people love their kids very much and some other hates them very much because of one reason called( responsibility ).
But a christian who believes in Love can be both ( A dove and a snake !) for the befitting benefit of the children .
I think that feeling responsibility is a divine gift and power should be used wisely.

What? :scratch:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sorry, but are you saying that some people don't love their kids because of the responsibility of taking care of them? Or that if we felt responsibility we'd have kids? Or that we are snakes and not doves? I might be very confused, but I'm really having a hard time understanding your point here, or what it has to do with the OP.

Upvote 0

Rembrandtfan

Jul 18, 2007
La La Land
✟9,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've know about the scripture "be wise as serpents and gentle as doves". Maybe Ramy is saying that parenting calls for both of these things? To balance wisdom with gentleness? Not to go overboard with either extreme?

Upvote 0

Rembrandtfan

Jul 18, 2007
La La Land
✟9,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know about the scripture "be wise as serpents and gentle as doves". Maybe Ramy is saying that parenting calls for both of these things? To balance wisdom with gentleness? Not to go overboard with either extreme?

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've know about the scripture "be wise as serpents and gentle as doves". Maybe Ramy is saying that parenting calls for both of these things? To balance wisdom with gentleness? Not to go overboard with either extreme?
I wasn't familiar with that scripture. Maybe you're right and that's what he meant.

Reactions: Rembrandtfan
Upvote 0

Rembrandtfan

Jul 18, 2007
La La Land
✟9,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some ____? (shrug) Yeah... I suppose some people kinda just like to give everyone the inside scoop.;) Just give'em the old :|
Yes, she's always wanting to give me the scoop. The baby's 21 months, eats solid food, and can talk enough to tell her mother she wants "____". Though I'm not trying to make a judgment about how old she breastfeeds, I just wonder why the kid was taught to use that word. DIL always has to tell me every detail. DH thinks she gets her "jollies" from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah there's a huge bug on CF right now. I've noticed that using the QuickReply button will put your post in the wrong place. Using the Post Reply button seems to keep it where it's supposed to be.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah there's a huge bug on CF right now. I've noticed that using the QuickReply button will put your post in the wrong place. Using the Post Reply button seems to keep it where it's supposed to be.

Haha, never mind, this post is so out of order! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This isn't the upgrade though. Two servers got out of sync over the weekend and crashed, and since it was Easter they only had one person I think to work on it. The bugs are from the off-synced servers. They haven't started the upgrade yet. I'm not convinced that when they do the upgrade, these problems won't still plague the forums, since they seem to have issue after issue with the stupid servers.

Upvote 0