So Now that the Kids are gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
LOL! What a great question! I thought I was being slack in only having a meat and vege meal maybe two or three times a week! Most times it's a takeout or frozen dinner or baked beans on toast! It's hard to get up the motivation to cook for one all the time. Cooking enough to freeze a couple of dinners is good too.

Upvote 0

hat lady

Oct 12, 2004
USA
✟7,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know what you mean, there's two at my house. I've cooked so much, I don't like to do it anymore. I think if I didn't have to work, I would cook. I don't eat out that much.
Usually just meat and veg. Gotta get more fruit in through. My cholestrol tests came out good. I was surprised.

Upvote 0

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
hat lady said:
I know what you mean, there's two at my house. I've cooked so much, I don't like to do it anymore. I think if I didn't have to work, I would cook. I don't eat out that much.
Usually just meat and veg. Gotta get more fruit in through. My cholestrol tests came out good. I was surprised.
It is only since there is only two of us that I have been allowed to get back into the kitchen.
My wife has discovered that I can make a tasty cloeslaw and a special potato salad.
She was sick for 2 weeks, this gave me the chance to get hot in the kitchen.
Macca. :preach:

Upvote 0

dblwinner

Nov 12, 2004
Florida
✟7,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there, Macca. It's great that your wife is allowing you in the kitchen now. I like to see a man cook. Now my husband - if I die first he'll probably eat McDonalds and pizza all the time unless, of course, God sends him another woman to cook for him. I love him dearly but cooking is not his thing.

As far as what do I do now that the kids are out, well I probably make a meal about 2-3 times a week. My 24 y/o daughter still lives home so whenever she's going to be home for dinner I will usually make something, otherwise it's something frozen or fast food.

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Tavita said:
Hey Macca,

It's good to see a man in the kitchen. Wished I'd had one of those... :sigh:

It's good to see a man in this forum! :D There was another one but I think I scared him off. :doh:

I don't have any kids so I've been eating the same way for centur . . . uh, years. :D

Upvote 0

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
miggles said:
It's good to see a man in this forum! :D There was another one but I think I scared him off. :doh:

I don't have any kids so I've been eating the same way for centur . . . uh, years. :D
Take more than a woman a centur... few years old to scare me off.I'm fairly selective of what topics I will reply to. Nothing too frivilous or risque, but sensible, good, sometimes humourous.
Macca.

Upvote 0

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I prefer to eat lightly. We still have a son at home, and he (fortunately) can cook very well on most things, so he eats whenever he needs to. I prefer fruit, and vegetables, and small amounts of meat. During the summer we do a lot more barbequing, but that is mostly son and hubbies area to do. I'll make a salad. I love salads during hot weather. :)

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
How about the fact that we can turn the tv off.. or on... walk around in the nude, sometimes... eat dinner at whatever hour.. have brekky at whatever hour... talk to ourselves... answer ourselves... act like a clown all on our own...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
I eat out much too often. Some of that is to make lunch time convenient while I am on the job. At other times, I like to meet someone for lunch just to visit and chat.
Also pretty often we have my young adult daughter's friends over for fun and games. That is usually pot luck and the very best times.

Right now I have a pot roast in the oven that the two of us will eat on for a few days.

Ann

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status