SO MANY CHURCH'S - WHO IS GOD'S TRUE CHURCH (Scripture)?

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Too bad Gods word isn’t written in Aramaic, so the only way to know what Jesus and apostles said, and did, is to read the koine Greek manuscripts.

And translate them into other languages from the Greek.

Portions of the Old Testament are written in Aramaic, and the New Testament, while written in Greek, quotes our Lord, the only begotten Son and Word of God, and his holy Apostles. speaking in Aramaic.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps tou might translate that into an EO context for those of us who lack the training of a Yeshiva but who went to an EO seminary, or who like me studied EO theology in the halls of someone else’s seminary (a part of me wishes I had pursued my calling in the Orthodox church, given how bad things got in my own denomination).

Well I was hoping the poster I asked would take a try at it but they obviously do not understand it, looks like they only implied they did. It is within the context of a Jewish betrothal (erusin)/marriage (nissuin) in the time of Yeshua. The groom (here Yeshua) would offer a cup of wine to the future bride and if she would accept it, she would remain pure (and would immerse in a Mikveh, baptism) and wait for Him to return, while He would go to His Father's house to "prepare a place" for them to live (John 14:3). When it would be ready, He would come back for His bride, usually at midnight (like a thief in the night) as in Matthew 25:1-13. No one knew when, only the groom's Father (Matthew 24:36). The marriage was a contract (ketubah) with a bride price (mohar). Then He would take her to the marriage feast. This is, in large part, the basis of Pascha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Well I was hoping the poster I asked would take a try at it but they obviously do not understand it, looks like they only implied they did. It is within the context of a Jewish betrothal (erusin)/marriage (nissuin) in the time of Yeshua. The groom (here Yeshua) would offer a cup of wine to the future bride and if she would accept it, she would remain pure (and would immerse in a Mikveh, baptism) and wait for Him to return, while He would go to His Father's house to "prepare a place" for them to live (John 14:3). When it would be ready, He would come back for His bride, usually at midnight (like a thief in the night). No one knew when, only the groom's Father. The marriage was a contract (ketubah) with a bride price (mohar). Then He would take her to the marriage feast. This is, in large part, the basis of Pascha.

Ah, I see. The Aramaic speaking Assyrian and Syriac Orthodox Christians celebrate the ritual departure of the bride, sometimes at midnight, although more commonly early in the morning these days.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ah, I see. The Aramaic speaking Assyrian and Syriac Orthodox Christians celebrate the ritual departure of the bride, sometimes at midnight, although more commonly early in the morning these days.

All Orthodox celebrate Pascha at midnight for this reason.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
All Orthodox celebrate Pascha at midnight for this reason.

In general, yes, however, the Armenian Orthodox celebrate Pascha at the usual time on Sunday, the Syriac Orthodox celebrate a second liturgy on the morning of Pascha (although their primary service is served at the same time as in the Byzantine, Coptic, Ethiopian and Assyrian liturgies), and some Western Rite Orthodox follow Western conventions regarding the timing of the service.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
In general, yes, however, the Armenian Orthodox celebrate Pascha at the usual time on Sunday, the Syriac Orthodox celebrate a second liturgy on the morning of Pascha (although their primary service is served at the same time as in the Byzantine, Coptic, Ethiopian and Assyrian liturgies), and some Western Rite Orthodox follow Western conventions regarding the timing of the service.

I am sure some have changed it over time

Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Q3. How does the bible define as God's people?

Beginning here for now & slightly modifying as Christ’s people. A FEW observations to help identify His people:

NKJ John 10:24-30 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, "How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly." 25 Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. 26 "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. 30 "I and My Father are one."

Christ’s people:
- Believe Jesus is the Christ (and know what the title “Christ” means)
- Were given to Jesus Christ by God the Father
- Hear His voice & follow Him (abiding & discipleship language)
- Are known by Jesus Christ
- Have eternal life given to them by Christ, will not perish, have His & our Father’s protection
- Know Jesus Christ is God

NKJ 2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "(command) Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

Christ’s people:
- Are known by Jesus Christ
- Know & use the name of the Lord Jesus Christ & revolt from unrighteousness (sin) as He commands

NKJ Gal. 5:17-25 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, (command) let us also walk in the Spirit.

Christ’s People (literally in 5:24: The [Men] of The Christ – so, Christ’s People):
- Are led by The Spirit
- Live in/by The Spirit
- Conform to & walk in line with the standard of The Spirit as commanded
- Have the fruit of the Spirit produced in them
- Have crucified the flesh together with its active & passive desires
- Do not accomplish the works of the flesh
- Will inherit the Kingdom of God

NKJ 1 Cor. 15:20-23 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

Christ’s People (literally in 15:23: The [Men] of The Christ – so, Christ’s People):
- Are the next to be resurrected at the coming of Jesus The Christ

From here we can begin seeing who Christ’s Ekklesia is made of. We’ll need to step back & pick up the nepios (infants) who hear his voice & are following Him & are known by Him & have been given to Him by our Father & are on the narrow way to becoming The [Men] (People) of The Christ as He builds His Ekklesia throughout the world.

I almost hate to say it in a dire time of elections in the US, but an ekklesia was an assembly of citizens regularly summoned & a legislative assembly. This go sit in your buildings & don't speak about or get involved in government issues is a horrible transition for His Ekklesia that He (The Christ with all authority in Heaven & on earth & in a context of bowing to Him in obeisance (obedience)), commanded to go make disciples of & teach all the nations to guard/preserve/obey all the things He commands (Matt28:18-20). We can note a couple of His commands above that are being obeyed by His People.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...So as we grow in the knowledge and grace of God's Word can we turn away from God? What do you think is the meaning of Acts of the Apostles 17:30-31 together with Hebrews 10:26-31?

I think it is possible that person rejects God and even if person has received the truth, he may turn back to it as I think Heb. 10:26-31 is saying.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think it is possible that person rejects God and even if person has received the truth, he may turn back to it as I think Heb. 10:26-31 is saying.
Hi 1213 not sure what you means here. Did you wish to explain yourself a little further? Welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am still so far behind and have quite a bit of catching up to do, so my apologies for this but from reading most of the responses so far I think that most are in agreement that “God’s Church” is not a building or a denomination (30,000 to 50,000) of them but each individual person that collectively makes up the body of Christ Church. Therefore God’s Church where ever they may be are all those who are living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them who are in the present tense believing and following God’s Word.

I am encouraged to see many reading the scriptures for themselves also coming to similar conclusions to what I am sharing here. I will link the answers to the OP questions back to the OP in case anyone may be interested for future references…

Q1. HOW DO THE SCRIPTURES DEFINE GOD'S CHURCH

In the Greek, the word for "Church" G1577; ἐκκλησία; ekklēsia – is a calling out, or an assembly of saints) is defined in the scriptures as all those who are called out to "believe and follow Gods' Word" *John 10:26-27. JESUS says in John 10:16 that he has other sheep which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. One key feature of Gods’ people is that they hear His Voice (the Word of God) and they follow him *John 10:26-27. God’s people are born again *John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:6-9 to walk in God’s Spirit *Romans 8:4; Galatians 5:16 and God is now their guide and teacher as they continue to seek him through his Word and claim his promises *John 8:31-36; John 14:16; John 16:13; John 17:17; 1 John 2:27 which is a part of God’s new covenant to love *Hebrews 8:10-12. Of course we are all at different stages at our Christian walk with JESUS. Some are babes and need to grow and others are growing but at every stage our grown is always present tense as we believe and follow God’s Word which make us a part of Gods’ true Church where ever we may be. Let’s look at some of the scriptures that show who God’s Church is and who that saints are that make up God’s Church…

GOD’S TRUE CHURCH DESCRIBED IN THE SCRIPTURES

1. God’s Church (the people) is a collective body made up of individual believers that are called out to believe and follow Gods’ Word. *1 Corinthians 1:27; Romans 12:4-5; 1 Corinthians 12:12; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 1:22; Ephesians 5:23; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:27; Ephesians 5:29-30; Colossians 3:15

2. God’s people (the Church) are born again through faith and walk in God’s Spirit and God’s new covenant promise to love another *John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:6-9; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 5:16; 1 John 5:4-5.

3. God’s people (the Church) believe and follow God’s Word and hear God’s Voice through his Word as they walk in His Spirit *John 10:26-27; Matthew 7:21-23; John 3:16-19; Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:4

4. God’s people (the Church) continue in his Word to the end and do not fall away into unbelief and sin and believe the promises of JESUS of salvation and freedom from their sins *John 8:31-36; 1 John 3:6-10; Galatians 5:16; Romans 8:4; Hebrews 6:4-8; Hebrews 10:26-39; James 1:12

5. God’s people (the Church) prayerfully endure temptation to sin (breaking Gods commandments and not believing God’s Word; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Romans 14:23) to the end before receiving eternal life and are overcomers through their faith in God’s Word *James 1:12; 1 John 5:4; Matthew 6:13; Matthew 26:41; Mark 14:38; 1 Corinthians 10:13.

6. God’s people (the Church) overcome sin (breaking God’s commandments and not believing God’s Word) and the devil as JESUS did by faith in the BLOOD of the lamb (Christs death) *John 1:29; 36; John 3:16; 1 John 5:4-5; Revelation 12:11; Revelation 3:21; Revelation 2:7; Revelation 2:11; Revelation 2:26; Revelation 3:5; Revelation 3:12; Revelation 3:21; Revelation 21:7.

7. God’s people (the Church) cannot do anything without JESUS, he alone is the source of strength and their salvation and without him they can do nothing at all but being connected to JESUS through faith in His Word his people can do all things through His Spirit that guides them and leads them *John 16:13; Romans 8:4; Galatians 5:16; John 15:1-9.

8. God’s people (the Church) keep all the commandments of God and believe and follow Gods’ Word and do not practice sin (breaking his commandments) *1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14

…………….

ANSWER: God's Church are those who are "called out" of the world to believe and follow God's Word. May God bless you are you seek him through his Word.

God bless all.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So what do the scriptures teach

That Christ founded a Church (Matthew 16:18), and that it is built upon the foundation of the ancient prophets and the holy Apostles (Ephesians 2:19-20), to whom has been given the command to preach the word to all nations (Luke 24:47), to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, instructing them on all Jesus taught (Matthew 28:19-20), which celebrates the Holy Eucharist (Luke 22:19-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26) which is His true and very flesh and blood for us which we partake (1 Corinthians 10:16), which ordains ministers for the task of the sacred ministry of the word and the safeguarding of the flock of Christ (Acts of the Apostles 14:23, 1 Timothy 4:14, 5:22, 2 Timothy 1:6, 4:2, Titus 1:5).

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That Christ founded a Church (Matthew 16:18), and that it is built upon the foundation of the ancient prophets and the holy Apostles (Ephesians 2:19-20), to whom has been given the command to preach the word to all nations (Luke 24:47), to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, instructing them on all Jesus taught (Matthew 28:19-20), which celebrates the Holy Eucharist (Luke 22:19-20, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26) which is His true and very flesh and blood for us which we partake (1 Corinthians 10:16), which ordains ministers for the task of the sacred ministry of the word and the safeguarding of the flock of Christ (Acts of the Apostles 14:23, 1 Timothy 4:14, 5:22, 2 Timothy 1:6, 4:2, Titus 1:5).

-CryptoLutheran

Thanks for sharing dear friend. God is good and showing us that the scriptures teach it is not the Roman Catholic Church that is Gods' Church but the people that believe and follow God's Word who may be in every church. These are the Church that the Apostles built which is on his Word. Anything not built on God's Word is not his Church but foundations of sifting sand going nowhere.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi everyone,

Just some questions for friendly discussion (answers to be based on the scriptures please). According to some consensus' there have been recorded between 40,000 to 50,000 different Christian Church denominations believe it or not. Now I do not know how accurate these numbers are but let's say for arguments sake even if there was only 5 different Christian Church's all professing to be the chosen of God, how are you going to know who has God's truth and who truly is God's Church? I think this will be an interesting topic as JESUS warns us in the last days that many will come in his name and there will be many false prophets (messengers) and false Christs (Head's of the body which is the church).

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION (scripture please; Answers linked as answered).

Q1. How do the scriptures define Church?
Q2. With so many Christian Church's in the world all professing Christ how can we know who is God's true Church?
Q3. How does the bible define as God's people?
Q4. Who is God's ISRAEL in the new covenant?
Q4. Who is Gods Church according to the scriptures in the New covenant?

The foundation of the church started in the wilderness on the seventh day of the week, Stephen mention that in Acts 7:38 - This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us: "Hear this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family which I brought up from the land of Egypt, saying, you only have I known of all the families of the earth: Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." (Amos 3:1-2) What is the law that the people of God are to observe? (Exodus 20: 1-23) The Ten Commandments, God descended from heaven and spoke his commandments face to face with his people.

Is this law for the children of Israel only? No. (Leviticus 24: 22) "Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: For I am the Lord your God."

What happened to the people of God for their transgressions? (Judges 2:14-15) "And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of spoilers that spoiled them, and he sold them into the hands of their enemies round about, so that they could not any longer stand before their enemies. (15th verse) Whithersoever they went out; the hand of the Lord was against them for evil, as the Lord had said, and as the Lord had sworn unto them: And they were greatly distressed."

Paul says in Romans 1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. also Paul says Roman 9: 3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: Because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me. Seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. (7th verse) As they increased, so they sinned against me; therefore I will change their glory into shame." How can the people of God rectify their transgressions? (Hosea 5:15) "I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offense, and seek my face: In their affliction they will seek me early."

Also (Acts 2:36-40) "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (37th verse) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their hearts, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the Apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? (38th verse) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be Baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the Remission of Sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (39th verse) For the promise is unto you, and to your children and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. (40th verse) And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, save your selves from this untoward generation."

So the true Israelite are still in captivity to this day, but they are still the priest of God and have oracles of God. For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. (Romans 11:25)
Also (Deuteronomy 10:12-17) "and now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul. (13th verse) To keep the commandments of the Lord and his statues, which I command thee this day for thy good? (14th verse) Behold the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is, (15th vs.) Only the Lord had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day. (16th verse) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart and be no more stiff-necked. (17th verse) For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward."

• Informative
Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi 1213 not sure what you means here. Did you wish to explain yourself a little further? Welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

I meant, it is possible that person rejects God, even if he has previously received/accepted God.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I meant, it is possible that person rejects God, even if he has previously received/accepted God.
We can always reject God and leave him. He never leaves or forsakes those who believe and follow his Word though. *Hebrews 6:4-8; Hebrews 10:26-39.

• Agree
Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Cute evasion. Do you think it describes the believer or is prescriptive for the believer?
There was no evasion. Scripture was already provided hence scriptural. You may need to explains your question a little more. What exactly are you asking?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Q2. With so many Christian Church's in the world how can we know who God’s true Church is?

When I was interested in following JESUS he came into my life before I decided to go to any Church. I use to read the bible seeking to know God and his Word and prayerfully asking God to guide me and teach me His Words.

One day I was reading Matthew 24 and came across the scriptures where JESUS was speaking about the last days just before the second coming and said to His disciples “ [23], Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ, or, Here; believe it not. [24], “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.”

Reading these scriptures it was just like God was talking to me and a light came on and I saw all these false Christs as Christian Church’s (e.g. Christ is the head of the body which is the Church) and a prophet in the Greek simply means messenger or professed messenger from God (false prophet a false messenger not from God). So when I read these scriptures I became scared as I thought to myself there is so many Christian Church’s out there in the world, they all cannot be the true Church of God and have the truth of God’s Word. How am I ever going to know who Gods true Church is? This is an impossibility! But then it was like JESUS was talking to me though his Word saying with men it is impossible but with God all things are possible and one by one as I was seeking JESUS through his Word he sent me these promises I will share now and it is these conditional promises I would like to share with you here that helped me to have faith and not be worried I would be lead astray by false teachings from false teachers and false Church’s. After all how was I ever going to know what God’s truth is when there is so many false teachings and false Christian Church’s in the world?

As I continued in God’s Word I felt God speaking to me though his Word as I was reading the book of John telling me not to worry as I read these promises…

JOHN 7:17 [17], IF ANY MAN WILL DO HIS WILL, HE SHALL KNOW OF THE DOCTRINE, WHETHER IT BE OF GOD, OR WHETHER I SPEAK OF MYSELF.

Well I really wanted to do God’s will and I wanted to know God’s truth. Was this God talking to me? I believed it was and there was more to come…

JOHN 8:31-36 [31], Jesus therefore said to those Jews that had believed him, IF YOU CONTINUE IN MY WORD, THEN ARE YOU MY DISCIPLES INDEED; [32], AND YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE. [33], They answered unto him, We are Abraham's seed, and have never yet been in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? [34], Jesus answered them, VERILY, VERILY, I SAY UNTO YOU, EVERY ONE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS THE SERVANT OF SIN. [35], And the bondservant abides not in the house for ever: the son abides for ever. [36], IF THEREFORE THE SON SHALL MAKE YOU FREE, YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED.

So reading these scriptures I saw that knowing God’s Word is conditional on believing and following what God says through his Word. The scriptures continue in John in other places on how we can know the truth of God’s Word…

JOHN 14:26 26, BUT THE COMFORTER, WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND IN MY NAME, HE SHALL TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, AND BRING ALL THINGS TO YOUR REMEMBRANCE, WHATEVER I HAVE SAID TO YOU.

I believe God sent this one just for me at that time I was worried about so many Christian Church’s, If we prayerfully seek to know God’s truth (not mans) and turn away from men and seek JESUS for His Spirit and claim his promises to us to send us His Spirit to be our teacher and continue to seek JESUS for the truth of his Word he promises to teach us His Words through his Spirit. John continues…

JOHN 16:13 [13], However, WHEN HE, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, IS COME, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH: FOR HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF; BUT WHATEVER HE SHALL HEAR, THAT SHALL HE SPEAK: AND HE WILL SHOW YOU THINGS TO COME.

Not only will JESUS promise to teach us His truth “if” we prayerfully continue in His Word but his Spirit will guide us in his Word. This was what I was beginning to see when reading these scriptures but there was more to come because I began to see that part of God’s new covenant promise is that he wants to be our guide and teacher as we prayerfully seek him through his Word…

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, said the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERY MAN HIS NEIGHBOUR, AND EVERY MAN HIS BROTHER, SAYING, KNOW THE LORD: FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

God is calling us back to his Word this is the only place we can seek him and find him when we shall search for him with all of our heart. He wants to be our guide and teacher. BABYLON (Christianity) has fallen and departed God’s Word. The religious teachers of today are leading us away from God and his Word. JESUS is calling all who have ears to hear back to his Word where he promises to be our guide and teacher. John continues…

1 JOHN 2:27 27, BUT THE ANOINTING WHICH YOU HAVE RECEIVED OF HIM STAYS IN YOU, AND YOU NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: BUT AS THE SAME ANOINTING TEACHES YOU OF ALL THINGS, AND IS TRUTH, AND IS NO LIE, AND EVEN AS IT HAS TAUGHT YOU, YOU SHALL ABIDE IN HIM.

The anointing is the presence of God’s Spirit to those who have been born again into God’s new covenant promise of Love and it is only through God’s Spirit that we can know the truth of God’s Word and not be deceived by trusting in the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

ANSWER: The only way we can know God's truth and enter God's true Church is to turn away from man and seek JESUS for a knowledge of his truth prayerfully asking for his Spirit to guide us and teach us through his Word. We must decrease and he (the Word) mus increase. God's promises are for all those who believe and follow His Word and he promises to guide us and teach us.

God is calling his Sheep do you hear his Voice (the Word of God)? (linked to the OP on pge 1)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0