United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys,

I've been working on a campaign that uses the d20 rules, and is kind of mish-mash of Pathfinder, some old DnD stuff, Mutants and Masterminds 2nd ed, and d20 Modern. It's basically a d20 adaptation of Kingdom Hearts, but it steps away from the Kingdom Hearts reality, as it's loosely based on it. For instance, I have a superhero world, but it's not directly Incredibles or Marvel, but an adaptation of my own design, and much is true of the rest of the worlds. Each world is inspired by a world in Kingdom Hearts, and draws on the Disney sources, but are adapted to be a bit more gritty and mature. Anyway, I've been developing the game on obsidianportal.com, which is a great resource for people putting together RPG games, but my friends and I have totally different schedules and don't really live close to each other. So, I was thinking play by post would be a good solution.

The thing is, in a d20 game, there is one player who acts as GM, there are rules for how the characters interact, especially in combat, and in other ways don't generally follow the standards set for the more freeflowing system for the RPG's here. I guess I'm asking, is that okay to do? Is it okay to host such a game here, and if so, I have another concern.

I have already got a few players already interested, and another way this would be different from most games here is that it would be invite only. In that it would be closed, but if someone were interested, they could request to join and we can see where that goes. Again, I know this isn't exactly protocol here, so I would be worried if people would get upset or if the mods would prefer I not use this venue for such a venture. Please, let me know what the mod responses are.