Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No one is suggesting that ant one force anyone to do anything and Ann is not judging anyone again you are reading what you wish into it ..

Given that you have asked me publicly to stop "harassing" you, I am now asking you publicly to stop responding to me. Thank you.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Given that you have asked me publicly to stop "harassing" you, I am now asking you publicly to stop responding to me. Thank you.

This is my thread i shall respond to whom i wish get that straight ..

I have not accused yu of advocating the murder of innocent children in public you have done so to me without apology i might add

As long as you post on my threads and as long as you post threads i will respond when i wish ,,,

You can like it or lump it i really do not care ...

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I guess this is one way of getting rid of the people you don't like.

Fine. I am unsubscribing to YOUR thread. From here on out, do not quote me, do not respond to me. Generally, when one has accused another person of harassment, they don't have anything else to do with that person. So...if you really believe I was harassing you, leave me alone.

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I quote the teachings of Jesus ,I am not judging people at all.I am just showing why I think universal healthcare is right and a good thing.
These teachings from Jesus support universal healthcare in my opinion.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Luke 14
12Then said he also to him that bade him, When thou makest a dinner or a supper, call not thy friends, nor thy brethren, neither thy kinsmen, nor thy rich neighbours; lest they also bid thee again, and a recompence be made thee.

13But when thou makest a feast, call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind:
14And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

Luke 10
29But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.
31And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.
33But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
34And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.
35And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
36Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? 37And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

24But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

25Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
26Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Upvote 0

John Lee Pettimore III

Same as my daddy and his daddy before.
Sep 10, 2009
✟8,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the enlightened UK, where everyone has a right to free medical treatment, a baby was born prematurely. Unfortunately, it was two days too early. He lived two hours on his own. Unfortunately, a bureaucratic rule got in the way of this child's life.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess this is one way of getting rid of the people you don't like.

Fine. I am unsubscribing to YOUR thread. From here on out, do not quote me, do not respond to me. Generally, when one has accused another person of harassment, they don't have anything else to do with that person. So...if you really believe I was harassing you, leave me alone.

Of course i wont send you a PM or make a profile post but on the forums i will respectfully respond to to your posts if i see fit and to your threads IGNORE ME if you wish but i will not sit back and let you run over others just because you think you can ..

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See, when you post stuff like this in a thread like this, it's really almost as though you're saying that anyone who disagrees with you isn't showing the right kind of mercy.

Yes, faith can save. It is not our works that get us to heaven. The fruits of our faith are shown in the day to day things that we do. That may or may not include paying for someone else's medical treatment, but we get to choose how we show our fruits, not the government.

And again, the idea that just because people are against universal health care coverage that they are aren't helping out in other ways is just plain wrong and misguided.

You do realize that this doesn't at mean that rich people are bad, or that they deserve to have their wealth taken away. One of the most caring compassionate and giving Christians I know happens to own a multi-million dollar business, often donates much to area churches and gives food away on a regular basis. He doesn't hoard his wealth - which is what is being talked about in these passages.

See above. But I'll ask you: have you sold all that you own to follow Jesus?

and we can certainly do this without the government's help.

see, again, there's that tone of judgment from you. For the record, I AM POOR. It's a little hard for me to hate myself.

Yes, and many people who oppose this health care reform do that on a regulat basis.

Eh, I think you're misreading those passages a bit, but the general idea isn't to do these things to garner attention but to truly help those in need. In my case, my relatives and neighbors ARE the wounded and the needy, so I'm covered. ;)

Again, many people opposed to this health care reform probably do this in some form of fashion or another.

Oh we have plenty of choice. We are not GodBots who just blindly follow. God gave us free will. We don't always choose rightly with our free will, but He doesn't force us to do anything. It's our faith that causes us to want to do good to and for others.

I am the poor. Just remember that. My household is well below poverty level for a family of four. We live okay and comfortably because of the love of our congregation and our neighbors, not because anyone is forced to help us.

Wow,
If I quote Jesus teaching on the good samaritan caring for and paying for the wounded person's medical care,I am not judging people.
Just trying to show why I think this is what Jesus would want.
Jesus did say go and do likewise.
:)

blessings
annrobert

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow,
If I quote Jesus teaching on the good samaritan caring for and paying for the wounded person's medical care,I am not judging people.
Just trying to show why I think this is what Jesus would want.
Jesus did say go and do likewise.
What you are not getting is, that Jesus did not say "force others to do likewise." I believe it is immoral to force one person to provide for another. If you believe that it is right to help others, do so. But you have no authority to take from me what is my own to help you accomplish it.

Am I not free to do what I will with what is my own? Who has given the state the power to be judge and divider over me? If you empower the state to force from me what I would not willingly give, have you not empowered them to steal from me? Is the Bible silent on the morality of theft?

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What you are not getting is, that Jesus did not say "force others to do likewise." I believe it is immoral to force one person to provide for another. If you believe that it is right to help others, do so. But you have no authority to take from me what is my own to help you accomplish it.

Am I not free to do what I will with what is my own? Who has given the state the power to be judge and divider over me? If you empower the state to force from me what I would not willingly give, have you not empowered them to steal from me? Is the Bible silent on the morality of theft?

What you are not getting is that that is not what she is saying ,,

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
What you are not getting is that that is not what she is saying ,,
It is what she is saying. Participation in Universal health care will be mandatory, not voluntary. If it were voluntary, I would not object.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
nonsense! health care is not a right. It is a service just like cable or phone service. As said above, food is more of a immediate necessity as we need it daily. How come nobody is demanding a universal food care plan. Man, if people could just put aside their emotions and thing logically...........:confused: :confused:

Health care is a right.

You can live without cable or phone service, but without health care, you could die.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is what she is saying. Participation in Universal health care will be mandatory, not voluntary. If it were voluntary, I would not object.

She did not describe what that would entail universal healthcare is the right thing to do but it can be achived in more than one way perhaps

but for the record me myself i support it as mandatory because i dont see how else we can achieve it ..mandatory that is in regards to provision but as a patient they can refuse it so i do support taking your tax dollars and mine to pay for it ,,,yes ..

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
so i do support taking your tax dollars
Thats mighty white of you. Now show me where you get the authority to do such a thing. I think we can rule the Bible out as a source since not one of the passages annrobert provided condones such behavior.

Upvote 0

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thats mighty white of you. Now show me where you get the authority to do such a thing. I think we can rule the Bible out as a source since not one of the passages annrobert provided condones such behavior.

WHITE Oh so you have started making racial comments thats sad i didnt know you were racist

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keryakos

Jan 12, 2009
✟1,706.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's be clear about what we are talking about.

Are we talking about access to medical treatment or access to medical insurance.

By law, anyone who goes to an emergency room has access to medical treatment and cannot be turned away.

i think i know what i am talking about emergency care is not primary care

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Let's be clear about what we are talking about.

Are we talking about access to medical treatment or access to medical insurance.

By law, anyone who goes to an emergency room has access to medical treatment and cannot be turned away.

Okay...the next time a city water main breaks, let's just hand out sandbags and build new streets to work around the flow rather than repairing the main.

That makes about as much sense as regarding the ER as a source of primary care.

Upvote 0

lordbt

$
Feb 23, 2007
Mentor, Ohio
✟19,508.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
WHITE Oh so you have started making racial comments thats sad i didnt know you were racist
There you go getting all offended again. Definition: "That's mighty white of you" is usually a sarcastic response to a supposed favor or magnanimous action that is actually not all that generous, and, in fact, may benefit the person offering said favor more than it benefits the recipient.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Our Nations DEFICIT is a bigger problem and as a Nation we can't file bankruptcy, now can we and still be free from china/ thugs etc?
You didn't respond to our real issues or the substance of our Nations problems "DEFICITS", freedom of choice and the Constitution!

How about Tax credits for individuals, as businesses have? Make it to where we the people can buy our own health care outside of our jobs. For as it stands now, we lose our jobs, we lose our health care. I'd be "ALL" for that, putting the power back in the peoples hands and for all the other incremental reforms etc, but not a Government injected option of bureaucracy. Make opportunity and the possibility for all Americans to purchase personal health insurance! MEANING: (a insurance plan that fits your pocket book and personal needs) with tax credits/gov. supplement......but with some of your skin in it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0