• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Smith Wigglesworth's prophecy about revival.

Discussion in 'Christian History' started by Soulfly.01, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Soulfly.01

Soulfly.01 A seeker of truth.

+7
    Estonia
    Christian
    Single
    Smith Wigglesworth prophesied: "Australia you have been chosen by God for a great move of the Holy Spirit. This move of God will be the greatest move of God ever known in mankind’s history and will start towards the end of the 20th century and move into the 21st century. This move of God will start a great revival in Australia, spread throughout the whole world and usher in the second coming of Jesus. This will be the final revival before the coming of the Lord."

So did anything significant happen at the end on the 20th century? Where is the greatest move of God?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Knee V

Knee V It's phonetic.

+1,032
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I've been to countless services and heard countless preachers prophecy "greatness" for people in one form or another. Everyone likes hearing that they're more special to God than the people next to them and that unprecedented things are going to be done in their life. In general, it only serves to boost egos and stir up pride, and it results in a great deal of harm to and destruction of people's souls. At least that is what I have seen in my limited experience.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  3. ToBeBlessed

ToBeBlessed Guest

+0
    I also agree that it can be a stumbling block in people's faith that hear the prophecy from a teacher that they respect and think is anointed that doesn't come true. It creates doubt in their mind about their own faith.

1 Corinthians 8:9
    "But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak."

4. pshun2404

pshun2404 Newbie

+481
    Non-Denom
    Married
    He has proved himself to be a false prophet...listen to no more of what this false prophet has said...

5. chrisallen87

chrisallen87 New Member

+0
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hillsong anyone? :)

They are only filling arenas every weekend and have only changed how churches across the entire planet worship. But other than that...

I'm being sarcastic by the way in case you didn't notice. This prophesy is obviously referring to Hillsong, Australia that was planted in 1986 and has exploded into the most influential church on Earth here in the 21st century.

6. Archie the Preacher

Archie the Preacher Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics

+979
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    The true measure of any 'sub-movement' of Christianity can only be taken in the long-term and perhaps not until the Lord returns and the final score tallied, so to speak.

I trust there is an evangelistic movement in Australia, to the glory of God. Just who is doing what about it to whom is not for me to determine or even concern myself.

I trust there is an evangelistic movement in the United States (where I live), to the glory of God. I am to do what God directs me to do, send money as God prompts me, talk to whom God directs and so forth. I am not to keep score of what person is "God's man (woman)" or such.

So it is with Mr. Wigglesworth. If the Lord prompted him to make such a statement, then he is right to have done so. If not, pity. It is not my place to determine Wigglesworth's value. (Try saying that aloud three times, fast!)

It is my opinion Christians as a group spend far too much time deciding which 'fan club' one should join. Not enough time doing what God has directed one to 'do'.

7. revanneosl

revanneosl Mystically signifying since 1985

+1,378
    Methodist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I refuse to believe that any person has actually been named "Smith Wigglesworth."

8. Archie the Preacher

+979
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Well - uh - yeah.

9. revanneosl

revanneosl Mystically signifying since 1985

+1,378
    Methodist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Oh sure. And next you'll tell me his wife was named, like, "Polly Featherstone" or something. As if!

10. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+13,189
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    That was enough to get me to Google it. I got a very good laugh out of this, that's almost too good to be true.

-CryptoLutheran

11. Archie the Preacher

+979
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Smith Wigglesworth and Polly Featherstone.

I've seen everything. I can die now.

No, wait! Mount Rushmore. I still have to see Mount Rushmore. Stand by...

12. Biblicist

Biblicist Full Gospel believer

+939
    Australia
    Pentecostal
    Married
    As an Australian Pentecostal I would simply love to have seen Wigglesworth's prophecy come to fruition but the Church in our country is at best merely a shadow of what it should be; all I can say is that this mighty man of God simply got it wrong. If nothing else it goes to show that even those who walk close to the Lord can get a bit carried away with things at times; this is why we are admonished to carefully weigh up all prophecies.

13. Archie the Preacher

+979
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Well said and loving (agapeo).