Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In this day and age, you think we make traction on mental health issues, especially those experienced by our returning service members... Apparently we need to make more headway.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I'm late to this thread but you gotta do what you gotta do to survive. I'd avoid bankruptcy at all cost. If you own a home or car...etc they may take it. Though if theres any good news (aside from having no debt) it that it only stays on your record for 7 years. At least it did back when my parents did it about a decade ago.

On a side note regarding health issues, I am not a vet, I don't have PTSD. However I do have a ton of other health issues and it does put ALOT of pressure on my wife. She knows she has to make up alot of the money I am not bringing in with my small check from the government. I at times worry about if she will ever just give up because of the pressure. I mean I pray she doesn't of course. This is why I shower her in love and do everything I can for her so she sees I appreciate how much shes doing. It brings me to tears often.

I say all this because maybe your husband feels the same way, maybe he realizes he feels like a "burden". Its how I felt when we first married. I called myself one. Then again maybe your husband doesn't feel that way. He may not feel anything or realize anything. PTSD is hard to deal with from both sides.

Upvote 0