Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a mass-produced slingshot called a "Wrist Rocket" which has a brace that rests against the users wrist and forearm, providing stability and support. I haven't used it much, but it seems pretty good.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if you are still monitoring but I bought several of them at walmart for about 10.00 each along with two rubber and leather spares. Along with them I have bags of 1/4 in ball bearings and keep them in my go bags and hunting backpack. Practice until you can hit a softball, then a tennis ball, then a ping pong ball and then, if we have a catastrophe where you need to hunt small game and preserve your bullets, you can bring squirrel and rabbit and coons to the cook-pot and do it quietly and cheaply.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,080.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have a mass-produced slingshot called a "Wrist Rocket" which has a brace that rests against the users wrist and forearm, providing stability and support. I haven't used it much, but it seems pretty good.

A friend of mine had one of these; he used it for squirrel control in the city; he kept busting his finch feeders LOL. When he hit a squirrel, it was done.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Galil7.62x51

Sep 16, 2019
Indiana
✟11,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have tried several but not the simple shot. I like the Saunders folding falcon best outta commercially made slingshots. Visit the slingshot channel on YouTube. A lot of good info there. I would get the heaviest draw rubber bands or tubing that you are comfortable with and then use a solid lead ball that is 1/2 inch diameter. Lee brand round ball lead moulds are fairly inexpensive. Lead is easy to melt, just do it outdoors because hot lead gives off toxic fumes. The bands that come with store bought slingshots are ok for practice, but in my opinion are too weak for hunting. There are several different types and sizes of bands and tubing on the market you can purchase and cut to size to make your own. Experiment with different sizes and ratios until you find one that works best for your application. When I speak of ratios, I’m referring to the length you cut your bands in respect of your maximum draw length. For example, If your draw length is 32 inches, then multiply that times 40% and that will give you the length to cut the rubber bands. The projectile velocity will vary depending on the band length and the draw weight. There are some web sites that publish this kind of data. Purchase extra bands and store in a dark cool place. Sunlight and heat can cause some rubber to deteriorate faster.

• Informative
Upvote 0