simguy83

Mar 22, 2004
Staffordshire
✟7,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys. This is my first post so before I continue I will just say hello :wave: .

Now onto my post:

When I was young I never really belived in God, but when I started secondary school I had a catholic friend who managed to convince me of God's existance. I have believed in "him?" ever since but still didn't take anything too seriously. I am now 20 years old and about two months ago for no apparent reason my belief in God has just expanded to huge amount - even my fear of death diminished.

I know this will sound corny but it is the honest truth. Virtually every moment of the day I am thinking about Jesus and his father and the love I have for them.

I really want to go to church but as I am not a proper christian I am worried I would feel out of place especially when it comes to the bread and wine.

I have some questions here - please do not feel offended by my ignorance in not already knowing the answers.

1) What must I do in order to become a fully fledged christian?
2) How can I accept Jesus into my life? I have already prayed for him to enter but I do not feel I have done enough.
3) What else must I do in order that I can walk in God's Kingdom of Heaven?
4) Why would my faith have grown so suddendly - to an amount I never knew was possible.

On a side note since I have found my faith, my biggest fear is losing it again. I really hope this doesn't happen, but could my beliefs just be a tempory thing?

Thanks for reading, it has been much appreciated.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Jesus answered, 'The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.' " - John 6:29

1. Pray to Him, confessing that you're a sinner.
2. Ask Him to forgive your sins and for His Holy Spirit to enter into you
3. Pledge your life to Him.

And that's it. Salvation is not something we earn by doing good works. It is a free gift from God to all who would recieve it. (Romans 6:23, Ephesians 2:8-9)

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23 (emphasis mine). Wages are the result of work. Whenever we sin, we "work" to earn death. But God freely gives us eternal life, if we should accept it - that is the very nature of a gift.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast." - Eph 2:8, 9

True faith brings action, which points us back to what Jesus said- believing in the One that God has sent. That is the action God requires. Trusting in Him to save you.

Many of us feel that we haven't done enough to become Christians one we already have. We simply need to take God at His word. That being, we are Christians once we sincerily ask Him to make us Christians, in that 3 step process.

By all means, go to church - a church where they teach from the Bible and do not add their own fancy man-made rules.

Enventually you will need to get baptised, but that is to show the world that you are a serious follower of God now. It is Christ that forgives and saves you.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I really want to go to church but as I am not a proper christian I am worried I would feel out of place especially when it comes to the bread and wine.

that comes with baptism, i say you shouldn't worry too much about it. Definitely go to church and find a pastor or any mature christian to talk to. Perhaps they'll have some classes for new christians to attend.

find out more by reading the bible, praying and fellowship. There's no set rules..

2) How can I accept Jesus into my life? I have already prayed for him to enter but I do not feel I have done enough.
remember, relying on feelings at times can get you in trouble. Just follow what the bible said. (twisted's post explains it)

ever read Galatians?
and go find a church! :)

4) Why would my faith have grown so suddendly - to an amount I never knew was possible.
that happened to me years ago too. i think God is definitely blessing you.

On a side note since I have found my faith, my biggest fear is losing it again. I really hope this doesn't happen, but could my beliefs just be a tempory thing?
the christian walk is never an easy one, and struggles are there life long.. but through the struggles we come to know God and ourselves better. Fear of losing the faith? then cling to God if doubt came.. there's no guarantee that you'll stay at that level of faith all the time, even the characters in the bible lose faith at times.

Upvote 0

oceanofdreamz

Shoulda Been Born Israeli
Mar 23, 2004
America sadly, I picked the Israeli flag cause I w
✟7,987.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You must believe Jesus is Lord, believe He died for you and ask Him into your life
Things do not bring you into the Glory of the Most High only God's grace does *starts preaching to self*
Ask Him for guidance, just believe in Him and ask Him to make your faith stronger and your life more for Him
Because God wants you to follow after Him!

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
you have done more already than many Christians do. you have asked Him to come into your life, and it is very clear to me that has happened. have you been baptised? that would be a logical next step. i also recommend that you go to the major denominations web sites and see which ones seem to call to you before you get in front of someone who may only be interested in swelling the membership roles in their parish. unfortunately this happens. but you should be very encouraged. the spirit is moving in you now and you are aware of Him. don't be surprised if there is a certain ebb and flow to these feelings. they do peak at times and at others they challenge you to be close to Him. it is all part of loving Him. but i am excited for you. pray regularly, read your bible and seek fellowship with other believers (which you are doing here).

yours in Christ

Upvote 0

Claude J Robichaud

Apr 6, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
simguy83 said:
Thank you reverend B and The Third Link for your kind words. I just find it amazing that my faith Exploded so dramatically in a period of several days. However, with the Lord anything is possible!

Thanks again everyone

Simon

My dear new found brother in Christ

I'm not going to give you any advice. I'm sure that by now, God is already showing you many things by means of his blessed Spirit. I just wanted you to know that the angels in heaven are not the only ones rejoicing when someone embraces Jesus Christ. All of your brothers and sisters here rejoice along with them. I pray that he will ground you, and establish you, and make you stronger than a mighty oak as you grow in his grace.

God Bless You

Copernicus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J.A.I

. Galatians 6:10 .
Jan 28, 2004
✟10,903.00
Faith
Christian
Just wanted to add my .02 about Question #4... Sometimes God accelerates you because He has something in mind that He wants to do with you... b/c the same happened to me. You could not TELL me a few years ago that I'd be on fire for God the way I am. I would have laughed and shrugged you off... but God has truly accelerated my growth, and I believe that this is b/c I wasted so much of my time that now that I'm doing this the right way, God's like, "Ok let Me help catch you up on what you missed so that we can get this show on the road".

;)

Upvote 0

Krazeekkc

Irregular Nonconformist
Oct 2, 2003
Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟8,991.00
Faith
Non-Denom
simguy83 said:
Hello!

1),2), & 3) You must (1) believe in God and (2)you must ask Him to forgive you of you sins. Also, you should find a good church once you become saved. You might want to go to a couple of different churches until you find one you like. You should also get a Bible. I definetly recommend King James Version. It's the best out there. Some other versions just don't seem right to me. they are suppose to be easier but it seems harder to me and the meanings can slightly change. And if you do get a King James Version (KJV) I would love to help you with it. :angel:

4) I don't know exactly why. But I'm sure over time it will grow even more. :holy:

Feel free to pm me! I would really like it! ;) :hug:

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey Simguy....it's pretty cool isn't it??
I like it when I feel that way- I think it's God making His presence known. It's the same as if He were whispering in my ear or tapping me on the shoulder all day long. " I am here and I will never go away."

Heather<><

Upvote 0

humblegyrl

Apr 18, 2004
Gold Hill, OR
Visit site
✟15,298.00
Faith
Christian
To become the person God wants you to be is a continual process. You start out as a spiritual babe, and as you grow through prayer, worship and reading the Word of God. Now that you have accepted Jesus into your heart, talk to Him! Read your Bible, go to church and attend Bible studies. Get involved! The more you do, the more you'll fall in love with God.

Your faith will grow and it will open the floodgates of blessings waiting to be showered upon you! I'm so happy you've made this decision. You're headed in the right direction. =)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.