exactly opposite of where I'd rather be
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please tell me there's something out there that will let my 13 month-old sleep. For the past three weeks, she has been waking up at night right after I go to sleep and won't go back to sleep until 5 in the morning.I even tried putting her in bed with me, but all she does is thrash around. I am so thankful my husband has the work schedule he does because it allows him to stay up with her. She's also not taking her naps at all.I thought I was sleep deprived but this poor baby doesn't even take naps. I think she is not sleeping because all of her teeth are coming in at the same time, but her twin brother is also getting all his teeth and he sleeps like rock. Is there any solution that anyone can tell me about? Thanks

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's all I know of...Jstin boycotts sleep, too. Up until he was six months old, he didn't nap and he rarely slept at night. I just had to wait it out. Now, he takes two naps a day and sleeps a little better at night...still not through the night or even close...but IDK wht the answer is :confused: sorry I wasn't more help!

You may try the teething gel (Hylands just like the teethin tablets) and I know that there are also some homeopathic tablets infants can take to relax them and help them sleep better. I'll check on the brand we use...we get them out of GA, I'll see what brand it is.

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I used Hyland's calms pills... those work well.

You can also try cutting naps shorter, and running him like a slave driver 2 or so hours before bed (play him HARD! this makes DD pass out right on time after an hour of "cool down" and prep for bed)

Upvote 0

jessesgirl

Aspire to inspire before you expire
Aug 1, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟29,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, Hyland's calm pills. We use the homeopathic teething tablets and sniffle tablets...but i didn't know they had calm pills. I said i was going to go look at the brand that we use...but I still haven't gotten off my lazy butt and looked...I promise I will! :sorry:

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, no there is no magic pill to give her, unfortunately. If there was, I garauntee I would know about it.;)

Try a bottle of warm chamomile tea. That usually relaxes my kids when they are sick. Also, have you tried rocking her to sleep for a nap? She REALLY needs a nap, that may be causing some of the problems at night. I would rock her through naptime and at the very least get her some good down time during the day to see if it helps.

Upvote 0

rainbowbright

Veteran
Sep 4, 2005
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks you ladies for the wonderful advice. Where do you get the Hyland's calm pills? Can you get them from any grocerystore? I have never heard of them. My mom was suggesting I use whiskey, but I don't know.
I am actually wondering if it might be a bigger problem than teething because I found little bruises all over her legs and my friend who is a nurse, told me she might need an MRI. She's already wide awake now and I've already given her tylenol and a big glob of orajel. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Alisa

Upvote 0

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Toddlers get bruises~ it's normal. The more active they are the more they have.

Whiskey probably isn't the best choice. ;) Try the Hyland's Calm homeopathic remedy. You should be able to find it pretty much anywhere the Teething Tablets are (WalMart, Target, pharmacies, health food stores, herb stores...)

Upvote 0

rainbowbright

Veteran
Sep 4, 2005
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
okay thanks. I know bruises happen all the time, I am being over paranoid and also there's the fact that her siblings, especially her twin brother, love to rough house with her. She's been the weakest of my kids because she had a hard time getting any of the nutrients before she was born, so she's the tiny one and I'm always trying to look out for her the most (not that I don't worry to death about the other three)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whiskey? :swoon:

We can't get them @ Target or Wal-Mart...but here is the website, you may be able to find them on there and order them online:

http://www.hylands.com
You know, when ds was teething 4 teeth at once and we were at my in-laws, they gave dh and me night out. When I got back, to my suprise he was sleeping peacefully, I asked what they did. They took some whiskey and rubbed it into his gums. Normally, I would have freaked, but they raised 5 healthy children and did this with all 5 of them.

Back in the day when they didn't have teething tablets, and baby orajel, this was common practice. And it does work. I don't recommend it because there is the fear that the parent will get overzealous and try to drug their kid, but if you have nothing else, and need sleep, it is effective.

Upvote 0