Elsloo
✟10,805.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyone here who likes Slade? I love their early 70's sound; the classic hard rock and sing along songs aswell as their late 70's sound, close to punk. Also their lyrics are pretty clean apart from a few songs.

The lyrics of the song The Gospel According To Rasputin look bad to me but in general they don't seem like a band who are against religion. So for me it doesn't feel like it's bad to listen to their music or does someone think it is bad to listen to it actually?

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anyone here who likes Slade? I love their early 70's sound; the classic hard rock and sing along songs aswell as their late 70's sound, close to punk. Also their lyrics are pretty clean apart from a few songs.

The lyrics of the song The Gospel According To Rasputin look bad to me but in general they don't seem like a band who are against religion. So for me it doesn't feel like it's bad to listen to their music or does someone think it is bad to listen to it actually?

Just saw an advert here on, The Begees tour 2020 coming up at Wembley stadium, sometime in the year. Thought it might also interest you or someone else. It's my first time to hear about a group called 'Slade'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorn
Upvote 0

Jorn

Nov 15, 2018
Elsloo
✟10,805.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just saw an advert here on, The Begees tour 2020 coming up at Wembley stadium, sometime in the year. Thought it might also interest you or someone else. My first time to hear about a group called 'Slade'.

Slade were very popular in the period '71-'75, I think they had 6 number 1 hits and 17 top 20 hits in the UK charts in that period.

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Slade were very popular in the period '71-'75, I think they had 6 number 1 hits and 17 top 20 hits in the UK charts in that period.

Oh ok. For me, Coldplay is my sort of thing & U2 is alright as well, when it comes to rock music.

Upvote 0

Leboman

Working It Out
Feb 22, 2017
Pennsylvania
✟10,097.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like some of Slade's stuff. They were a big inspiration to a lot of those 80's hair metal bands. Quiet Riot covered Cum On Feel The Noize and Mama Weer All Crazee Now. They had a brief comeback around that same time with Run Runaway and My Oh My.

As far as that 70's glam stuff goes, I prefer The Sweet.

Upvote 0