• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

skizophrenia and creatine

Status
Not open for further replies.

D18AGON

Jan 11, 2006
✟7,624.00
Faith
Christian
HI, I have had skitz since late 2000. In about 2004 I got some medication for it coz I couldn't bare it anymore,which has really helped a whole heap. What I've noticed is that my meds work up until I take creatine to help boost my performance when I work out either at home or in the gym. About an hour after taking it I start getting visual hallucinations of crazy old freinds and people I don't know laughing at me and and trying to increse stress and outrage me. Basically my conditon goes back to what it was before ever taking the meds. What I would like to know is if there is any hard evidence that creatine can cause these symptoms and also how and why. My mum told me that a while back there were people starting threads in forums and posting that they had been experiencing hallucinations after taking creatine too. But the manufacturers or creatine companies had gone through deleting the posts. My mother found the information was still in the caches, so it's obviously a cover up, although I can't prove a thing, I only have my own testimonial. PLease :help:

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
D18AGON said:
yeah ok, i've stopped taking it. Was just wondering if anyone knows why creatine does this in detail.

I would have to know what medication that you are taking to begin to answer that question.

It could be that the creatine alters your bodies metabolism so as to render your antipsychotic medication ineffective.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave: :hug: when i have break through (was taking seroquel (which is being sued right now) now it's haloperidol & benztropine :sick: (and others, as i have more issues) ... i took resperidol (isn't strong enough) before seroquel (evspensive!). anyhow. sorry if i got confusing. figuered you'd be interrested in my meds.

ok. when i get break through problems i have extra meds. they call them something that means "take as needed" they are specifically for break through phycotic episodes. i have zantax for small issues (works about a half hour), and adavan (works for two to four hours but makes you kinda slow) and or go straight to the phy unit for evaluations. ask doctor for information on "take as needed" meds for break through. sometimes though phoning/ or going to phy unit helps me. just talking with professionals helps me sort out my thinking. some times a crisis councelor, or they have given a nurse to sit with me or i go in over night (just to get away from activity, and regather myself). all of this is part of a list of things i do as it starts. at the beging i try different things. there is a list in bipolar. i am both.
icon12.gif
:hug: you may need a dose change? HHmmm...

A thread for Bipolar exsperts (coping skills)
http://www1.christianforums.com/t2495622-a-thread-for-bipolar-exsperts.html

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.