Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The above dear friend is in relation to Kellogg's book and teaching in the "Living Temple" which is a teaching of Pantheism. The speaker in your video tries to relate this to Mrs White claiming it is talking about the trinity. It isn't from what I could see. Have you read Kellogg's book? He was trying to use the concept of the Trinity latter after Mrs Whites letters in condemnation of His teachings and book the Living Temple to sell his views of Pantheism. At least that is how I read it.

Happy Sabbath.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The above dear friend is in relation to Kellogg's book and teaching in the "Living Temple" which is a teaching of Pantheism. The speaker in your video tries to relate this to Mrs White claiming it is talking about the trinity. It isn't from what I could see. Have you read Kellogg's book? He was trying to use the concept of the Trinity latter after Mrs Whites letters in condemnation of His teachings and book the Living Temple to sell his views of Pantheism. At least that is how I read it.

Happy Sabbath.
As was clearly shown in the video, Kellogg sought to "clarify" his erroneous statements on the nature of God by inserting a belief in the trinity to support it. If sister White endorsed trintarianism in any way, she would not have rebuked Kellogg so adamantly.

Ask yourself why sister white never rebuked any of the pioneers that were anti trinitarian, including her husband? In fact she repeatably endorsed the teachings of "the past 50 years" as the solid pillars and foundation of our faith.

By the Catholics own writings we see that the trinity is their keystone doctrine, that all of their beliefs hang on it... when did Adventists begin to so willingly wonder after the beast and it's teachings?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As was clearly shown in the video, Kellogg sought to "clarify" his erroneous statements on the nature of God by inserting a belief in the trinity to support it. If sister White endorsed trintarianism in any way, she would not have rebuked Kellogg so adamantly.

Ask yourself why sister white never rebuked any of the pioneers that were anti trinitarian, including her husband? In fact she repeatably endorsed the teachings of "the past 50 years" as the solid pillars and foundation of our faith.

By the Catholics own writings we see that the trinity is their keystone doctrine, that all of their beliefs hang on it... when did Adventists begin to so willingly wonder after the beast and it's teachings?
I did not hear or read it that way. I read it that he because of his pride tried to re-invent himself in order to keep his Pantheistic teachings and views after being rebuked by the SOP. Go read his book if you have not done so already, understanding of course that it is not biblical. What your promoting is not biblical. Keep in mind it is sin (knowingly breaking any one of God's commandments) that will keep one out of God's kingdom not if you believe in the trinity or not.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gary K
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not hear or read it that way. I read it that he because of his pride tried to re-invent himself while keeping his Pantheistic views. Go read the his book if you have not done so already.
Why would I read an erroneous book on pantheism?? I know what his initial beliefs were but he was also a believer in the trinity. She rebuked the former in her first letters and the latter in letter 253.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would I read an erroneous book on pantheism?? I know what his initial beliefs were but he was also a believer in the trinity. She rebuked the former in her first letters and the latter in letter 253.
Because it is not saying what you are saying. Anyhow no worries I do not see it the way you are presenting it. I read about this many years ago. Thanks for the discussion, I do not really have much more to add here. Hope your Sabbath is a great one.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you're trying once again to get Ellen White to argue with herself. You ought to know by now that there are many SDAs whom you cannot manipulate into believing the false doctrines this preacher is teaching.

The following quotes from Ellen White are all found in the SDA Bible Commentaries vol 7a Appendix 1 chapter 3.
There are three living persons of the heavenly trio; in the name of these three great powers—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit—those who receive Christ by living faith are baptized, and these powers will co-operate with the obedient subjects of heaven in their efforts to live the new life in Christ.—Evangelism, 615.

The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit gave themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption.—Counsels on Health, 222.

Those who proclaim the third angel’s message must put on the whole armor of God, that they may stand boldly at their post, in the face of detraction and falsehood, fighting the good fight of faith, resisting the enemy with the word, “It is written.” Keep yourselves where the three great powers of heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, can be your efficiency. These powers work with the one who gives himself unreservedly to God. The strength of heaven is at the command of God’s believing ones. The man who takes God as his trust is barricaded by an impregnable wall.—The Southern Watchman, February 23, 1904, p. 122.

Our sanctification is the work of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is the fulfilment of the covenant that God has made with those who bind themselves up with Him, to stand with Him, with His Son, and with His Spirit in holy fellowship. Have you been born again? Have you become a new being in Christ Jesus? Then co-operate with the three great powers of heaven who are working in your behalf. Doing this you will reveal to the world the principles of righteousness.—The Signs of the Times, June 19, 1901.

The eternal heavenly dignitaries—God, and Christ, and the Holy Spirit—arming them [the disciples] with more than mortal energy, ... would advance with them to the work and convince the world of sin.—Evangelism, 616.

We are to co-operate with the three highest powers in heaven,—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost,—and these powers will work through us, making us workers together with God.—Evangelism, 617.

Those who are baptized in the threefold name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, at the very entrance of their Christian life declare publicly that they have forsaken the service of Satan and have become members of the royal family, children of the heavenly King.—Testimonies for the Church 6:91

I know the sermon states that Kellogg was using the trinity but Ellen White's denunciation was wholly of Kellogg's pantheistic teachings. I agree with you that none of us have any business reading Kellogg's book. But at the same time you are taking someone else's word for what is in it. Here is Ellen Whites criticism of The Living Temple.

The theory that God is an essence pervading all nature is received by many who profess to believe the Scriptures; but, however beautifully clothed, this theory is a most dangerous deception.... If God is an essence pervading all nature, then He dwells in all men; and in order to attain holiness, man has only to develop the power within him. These theories [pantheism, etc.], followed to their logical conclusion, ... do away with the necessity for the atonement and make man his own savior.... Those who accept them are in great danger of being led finally to look upon the whole Bible as a fiction.... {FLB 40.5}

Pantheism makes God an impersonal force that is found everywhere and in everything be it animate or inanimate. The teaching of a triune God of three persons is far, far away from such nonsense.This is why Ellen White speaks of the personality of God in relation to the three members of the Godhead. The god of pantheism has no personality. It is just a power associated with everything.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Catholics also teach that Jesus is God. Should we reject that teaching because the Catholics also teach it. They also teach there is a heaven. Should we reject the teaching of heaven because the Catholics teach it? I could go on but I've said enough to make my point.

Our doctrine of righteousness by faith also hangs on the belief of a triune God. Jesus said that it is life eternal to know God and His son Jesus Christ. He also said that He would send us another Comforter who would lead us into all truth. We can't know Him like we do the Father and the Son because He never speaks of Himself.

Upvote 0