Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I may be in the vast minority here, but does anyone else NOT want any wedding interferring with their dancing? I'd rather just have a bunch of macarena-ing, cupid shuffling, and dropping it like it's hot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I may be in the vast minority here, but does anyone else NOT want any dancing at their wedding/reception? I'd rather just have a direct, meaningful reflection on biblical marriage and have more personal time with the people that come.

I think you're in the minority, sorry! ^_^:p I know for sure that I would want dancing at my wedding! A wedding is a celebration! I would want my reception to have an awesome dance party that's fun for everyone from little kids to old people! ^_^ But it'll still be a "direct, meaningful reflection on a biblical marriage." I don't see how it can't be meaningful, Biblical, AND fun! :D

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You can be part of my wedding :)

AWWWW! :bigeye: YAYYYYY!!! :hoho: Thanks! :hug:

I may be in the vast minority here, but does anyone else NOT want any wedding interferring with their marriage? I'd rather just have a bunch of macarena-ing, cupid shuffling, and dropping it like it's hot.

:ahah: AHAHAHAAAAA!!

:p

Upvote 0

djsterf

Passionately in Love with the Savior
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2007
Visit site
✟48,466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you're in the minority, sorry! ^_^:p I know for sure that I would want dancing at my wedding! A wedding is a celebration! I would want my reception to have an awesome dance party that's fun for everyone from little kids to old people! ^_^ But it'll still be a "direct, meaningful reflection on a biblical marriage." I don't see how it can't be meaningful, Biblical, AND fun! :D

lol I suppose I define 'Fun' differently. I've always seen the wedding as an evangelistic opportunity and an extreme chance to praise God for a positive answer to years of prayer, though I've also seen it more as 'her day' instead of the groom's. Many weddings have dancing at the reception 'because everyone else does that at their reception.' If it's something thought out and meaningful to the couple, I could definitely see that as being a celebratory part. Most times imho the DJ is corny, the music is regrettable, and the dancing looks like a bad science experiment. But whatever floats their boat.... The wedding that stands out as 'best' in my own mind did not have dancing. Everyone had a chance to speak during the service, to encourage the couple, or share a verse to tie in, and after, the couple went around and encouraged everyone who came. It was really long, and timing everyone was pretty wearing, too, but it was really meaningful. It was a great time in celebrating God's gift of marriage as well as could encourage each other as they made this transition. On another note, I saw a video on YouTube of people playing DDR at a reception. I pretty near barfed, LOL.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
..and why start at the reception...

JK Wedding Entrance Dance - YouTube

This has my approval. I can be Godly and have fun too. :p
At this phase in life, if I marry, I know its going to be a celebration because it will done right next time. Celebrate it, baby. ^_^

(To each their own and what you find joyous :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I may be in the vast minority here, but does anyone else NOT want any dancing at their wedding/reception? I'd rather just have a direct, meaningful reflection on biblical marriage and have more personal time with the people that come.

I don't. well at least i don't want to do the first dance thing. I'd like my time in the spotlight to be done with the ceremony and spend the reception just enjoying my guests. I'd probably have dancing for them - but i am *not* a dancer :D

Upvote 0

djsterf

Passionately in Love with the Savior
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2007
Visit site
✟48,466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am so up for DDR at my reception.

I know of somebody who could possibly help with that. Look up DDR World Champion on YouTube. (He prob wouldn't do that at a wedding, I'd guess)

I don't. well at least i don't want to do the first dance thing. I'd like my time in the spotlight to be done with the ceremony and spend the reception just enjoying my guests. I'd probably have dancing for them - but i am *not* a dancer

Props!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*I HAVE A TAG, REPEAT, I HAVE A TAG!!!*

That is breaking news for me and it made me insanely happy.

Amber!! I LOVE the cha cha slide!

We are going to rock this wedding together! You are definitely in charge of making sure this dance becomes a relality. Oh and if you are serious, you are invited to my wedding .whenenever it happens. Even if we`re 80 and just had hip replacements, you better get on that floor and start Clap. Clap. Clap, clap your hands. To the left, take it back now ya`ll.

For all of you who are attending and are not familiar with this amazing dance.

Mr. C The Slide Man - Cha-Cha Slide - YouTube

I am so there!!

I've done it at... 5 weddings now, last one with a two year old on my hip so I consider myself a Cha Cha Slide expert :p

We need to be bridesmaid together Ray! How epic would that be?

Upvote 0

Rory

The Dude abides...
Nov 16, 2005
So Cal
Visit site
✟14,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To those in need of dance lessons before the Shotgun wedding between Touma and Hadassah, I will be giving lessons. As a reference here is a still picture of one of my moves.

tumblr_lx920gs61n1qg39ewo1_500.gif

I assure you it's not moving I'm just THAT good that the camera didn't know what to do.

Upvote 0

Hadassah_

Oct 15, 2011
✟12,839.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
..and why start at the reception...

JK Wedding Entrance Dance - YouTube

This has my approval. I can be Godly and have fun too. :p
At this phase in life, if I marry, I know its going to be a celebration because it will done right next time. Celebrate it, baby. ^_^

(To each their own and what you find joyous :D
I so agree with this ENTIRE message. I LOVE that wedding!!! ^_^

To those in need of dance lessons before the Shotgun wedding between Touma and Hadassah, I will be giving lessons. As a reference here is a still picture of one of my moves.

I assure you it's not moving I'm just THAT good that the camera didn't know what to do.
Just an FYI...this is NOT a shotgun wedding! It will be planned properly by all my crazy bridesmaids from CF! ;)

Reactions: BRISH
Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Is that Gary Busey?

If not, it should be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shinkou

Mar 17, 2011
✟8,293.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Is it normal to do dancing in Western wedding? I think that must be very fun. ^^ I wish dancing is part of Japanese weddings.

I think I joined here so I will try to match someone. I think Amber.ly and Touma can be a very good match. I think they are both very fun and can have a good relationship.

Also, I think RayofSun and Paldasan can be a good match. He is always chatting about her relationship and secret crush in skype. Maybe he has a secret crush on her!

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it normal to do dancing in Western wedding? I think that must be very fun. ^^ I wish dancing is part of Japanese weddings.

Yes, I think it's pretty normal. It's usually done during the reception though and it's usually only for a portion of the time of the reception. Usually there's things like food, drinks, toasts, and other traditions that happen before the dancing at the reception.

Also, I think RayofSun and Paldasan can be a good match. He is always chatting about her relationship and secret crush in skype. Maybe he has a secret crush on her!

Oooh I LIKE this! :thumbsup: ^_^

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oh my...I saw Andrew and I matched again back some odd pages. >.>

TBH, though...methinks the match ain't such a bad one. As Andy said, I have no complaints regarding that one. He's a really cool, funny, and smart fellow in my book. ^_^

But zomigosh...I totally laughed out loud when I saw someone thinks Liam Neeson in a kilt would suit me better. I'm like 'heck no!' and then a funny thing happened...my sis and I went to a UK-themed pub (simply called The Pub) and guess what the waiters were wearing...?
Kilts.
I was so close to busting out laughing. :D

Reactions: Rose of Eden
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh my...I saw Andrew and I matched again back some odd pages. >.>

TBH, though...methinks the match ain't such a bad one. As Andy said, I have no complaints regarding that one. He's a really cool, funny, and smart fellow in my book. ^_^

But zomigosh...I totally laughed out loud when I saw someone thinks Liam Neeson in a kilt would suit me better. I'm like 'heck no!' and then a funny thing happened...my sis and I went to a UK-themed pub (simply called The Pub) and guess what the waiters were wearing...?
Kilts.
I was so close to busting out laughing. :D
Yay Squeaks and Andy are now engaged!!! Bust out the bubbly!! ^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.