Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
No one is condemned as long as the are still alive. Everyone who is still alive has the opportunity to repent and come to Christ and be saved. John Calvin teaches that some cannot be condemned and some cannot be saved no matter what they do because it’s not up to them, they have no control over whether or not they repent or believe.

We must mean something very different from one another when we use the word "condemn".

When I say "condemn" I mean the fact that we are pronounced sinners under the Law. What do you mean? Because you through me for quite the loop here, it's like you just said that nobody is a sinner until they die.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟883,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We must mean something very different from one another when we use the word "condemn".

When I say "condemn" I mean the fact that we are pronounced sinners under the Law. What do you mean? Because you through me for quite the loop here, it's like you just said that nobody is a sinner until they die.

-CryptoLutheran

I’m using the definition as being sentenced to punishment. Once a person is condemned there is no turning back. Like a building, if it is condemned it is considered uninhabitable and scheduled for demolition.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟730,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I’m using the definition as being sentenced to punishment. Once a person is condemned there is no turning back. Like a building, if it is condemned it is considered uninhabitable and scheduled for demolition.

And what if I told you that salvation is precisely God rescuing and rebuilding that condemned, uninhabitable building? That the demolition is canceled, and God intends to turn it into a beautiful residence for Himself to dwell?

Because every single one of us is that condemned and uninhabitable building. We, full of sin, death, and crumbling and decaying walls, a wrecked foundation;

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2:1-10

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟883,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what if I told you that salvation is precisely God rescuing and rebuilding that condemned, uninhabitable building? That the demolition is canceled, and God intends to turn it into a beautiful residence for Himself to dwell?

Because every single one of us is that condemned and uninhabitable building. We, full of sin, death, and crumbling and decaying walls, a wrecked foundation;

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." - Ephesians 2:1-10

-CryptoLutheran

A Calvinist would argue that the elect are not condemned. Why would God condemn a house He intends to rebuild? As I said in my previous post that you replied to…

No one is condemned as long as the are still alive. Everyone who is still alive has the opportunity to repent and come to Christ and be saved.

Romans 2:4-5 is an example of God attempting to rebuild people who are refusing to cooperate and so is John 5:34.

Upvote 0