ginanjooz

Jul 14, 2008
West Auckland
✟15,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're single, why do you think you're single and is it by choice?

And would you only date a christian or are you open to non-christians aswell???

I've never dated another christian before. Most of the christian guys I know are really close friends or ones I grew up with so they're pretty much like family.
I don't want to "waste time" dating if it's not gonna lead to anything, I think that when you're ready to get married then you're ready to date and I only want to date christians.

Now how do you explain that to others without them thinking you're a freak? cos right now all I get are strange looks or immature comebacks

Also, do you think I'm a freak for wanting this too? lol

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've chosen it because I COULD be with someone if I wanted to be, BUT that person wouldn't be God's choice for me, since He hasn't sent "Mr Right" yet. So I could get into a relationship, but it wouldn't be "the one", so it would ultimately end up fruitless and frustrating, most likely.

Only a Christian.

I've never dated another christian before. Most of the christian guys I know are really close friends or ones I grew up with so they're pretty much like family.
I don't want to "waste time" dating if it's not gonna lead to anything, I think that when you're ready to get married then you're ready to date and I only want to date christians.

Now how do you explain that to others without them thinking you're a freak? cos right now all I get are strange looks or immature comebacks

I think you explained it perfectly right there. If you get strange looks and immature comebacks...well, that's just part of life lol. Stick to your guns.

Of course you're not a freak, and you know you're not. Other people may TRY to make you feel like a freak, but you need to hang onto the TRUTH that you're not...you're being a woman of honor and conviction. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
B

bugaboo

I haven't dated in a very long time, about four years. I've felt that it was important to put my efforts into raising my children and not divide my time or attention to them with someone else. Now that they're getting older and don't require as much I am more open to entering a relationship. I haven't made myself available much or put an effort into pursuing any relationships, but I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to do so with the right person. Sad to say it hasn't been hard to do. There seem to be very few available Christian men around.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
nope you're not a freak, i'd just tell you to ignore other people when they try to make you feel like one. you're allowed to have your own standards when it comes to dating and as a Christian i'd say its a very wise move to only want to date other Christians. it makes for a much more peaceful and Godly home for your future children to grow up in and gives them a greater chance of accepting Christ as their Saviour

Upvote 0

ginanjooz

Jul 14, 2008
West Auckland
✟15,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There seem to be very few available Christian men around.

I sort of agree lol I would've totally agreed like lastweek but I went to a youth conference this week and there was ALOT of guys my age there! haha I felt like god was tryna tell me to stop making up excuses lol

Upvote 0

ginanjooz

Jul 14, 2008
West Auckland
✟15,261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I see what you are saying, but there's nothing wrong with getting to know others of the opposite sex, whether one calls it a "date" or something else. If it "leads anywhere" that's a bonus, but if you don't try, you never know.

I'm always open to making new friends, I just never let it get to the point where it may lead anywhere else. Maybe I'm too cautious....

Reactions: notwrapped
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trOlliJokinen

SoCar Lowlife -- keeping the undead dead since '82
Feb 27, 2008
The G, South Carolina
✟17,699.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do Christian women always say there are no Christian men around? Sheesh, look at this forum, for starters.

because they like to use excuses to hide their insecurity. Look at this forum for example, how many girls say a real man is one that makes the first move then complain about guys not being nice? Nice guys get trampled on and are a lot more gun shy. If you're looking for a christian guy, don't be afraid to talk to them and don't be afraid to make the first move.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do Christian women always say there are no Christian men around? Sheesh, look at this forum, for starters.

Yeah, look at this forum, guys who are too young, got g/f's, married, or never interested! And always about 3000 miles away.

Jackpot!

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

Hudson Hawk

Jun 27, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,305.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think for myself it would be hard to date someone that I share different viewpoints,beliefs, and morals with. Even if you can manage to get past all that there can still be some akward times and if you say in the future had kids with them that would add another strain.

I cant speak for you or anyone else but for me I conciously would try to make sure its someone I share alot in common with especially in the christianity and beliefs department. I have passed up oppurtunities in past for this very reason. If it doesnt feel right... it just doesnt feel right you know?

btw off topic that avatar cracks me up trolli. I laugh everytime I see it.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
because they like to use excuses to hide their insecurity. Look at this forum for example, how many girls say a real man is one that makes the first move then complain about guys not being nice? Nice guys get trampled on and are a lot more gun shy. If you're looking for a christian guy, don't be afraid to talk to them and don't be afraid to make the first move.

Nice female icon! lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ernest_theweedwhackerguy

Hello, I'm Ernest P. Worrell
Jun 1, 2004
New York
✟16,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I'm single because I haven't found a woman that I feel is worth dating and trying a long term relationship with. I find senseless dating pretty stupid, and a firm waste of money. So I won't date a woman just because she's beautiful. She has to match up to the infamous "list". :)

I honestly don't care what religion or lack thereof they have. I feel God will pair me with the right woman that he made for me, and I'm waiting for her. I'm a patient man, so I have no worries.

:thumbsup:

Just tell them you believe in abstinence. That's what I do. There's always one or two people that say, "eff that", as you've probably noticed, and those are the people that are living life for the pleasures.
Don't get me wrong, I live life and have fun with the things I can do, but I'm still gonna save that until marriage.

And tell them that sex is something you want to save with the only person you've loved, rather than putting out a couple weeks after dating a guy, and then getting dropped after he gets what he wants.
It's an easy way to tell if a guy's dating you FOR sex, or to be with you when you believe in abstinence. :)

Wanting what?

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

because just like not all Christian men are going to want to date every woman who calls herself a Christian not all Christian women are going to want to date every man who calls himself a Christian? there's a little more to attraction and relationships than just belonging to the same religion ;)

Upvote 0

DarcyWillow

A girl who loves God, Life, and Honduras!
Jun 20, 2008
London, ON
✟9,120.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I like to think that I'm single because that's what God's purpose for me right now is.

But really, guys are absolutely never interested in me. I'm always "the friend" never the one they are crushing on :(

Reactions: GQ Chris
Upvote 0

Silver-winged Flyer

I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've never met guys who are interested in me and I think God has caused that to happen because He's been shaping me into the person He wants me to be first and I still have a long way to go so who knows if I'll ever meet somebody. ;) I could never have made a success out of any relationship the way that I was. I'm content to be single all my life so I'm not bothered either way.

Upvote 0