Sep 11, 2004
California
Visit site
✟2,239.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I have been divorced for four years now. It was my second divorce. Not something I'm proud of, of course, but that is my reality. For the wrong choices I have made, I know that the Lord has forgiven me.

The last few years of single life has been very rewarding for me spiritually. The Lord has had mercy on me, lifted me up, and is teaching me what it means to walk daily with Him. Surrender is a subject that comes up frequently. ;)

I find that there are times when I miss the companionship marriage brings. Times when I pray that the Lord's plan is for me to marry again. But, I do love being single. I am learning just what a wonderful Husband Jesus is! :thumbsup:

I would appreciate anyone's input from your own experiences with divorce and/or singleness with Christ as the Husband.
:wave:

LadyJane

Cry out to Jesus
Sep 11, 2004
California
Visit site
✟2,239.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I find the best way in making Jesus your Husband is by allowing Him to do it. :) Talk to the Lord, ask Him to be your Husband. He loves us and is so very willing to help us and care for us.

A little example: I had a flat tire. I'm not good at car problems of any kind and relied on my husband for these things. When faced with the flat tire, I immediately asked Jesus to help me with it. Silly me, I forgot I had AAA! ;) I believe that the Lord reminded me of this and gave me peace about the whole situation.

With more important matters, such as problems with grown children, I ask for His wisdom. I place situations into His hands and in one way or another, He handles it!

When I feel lonely and in need of love and companionship, I try to remember that I have a God who loves me more than any human ever could. I ask Him to hold me, and fill me with His love and comfort. He does...each and every time!

Talking to Jesus is something I do every day. I know that He's listening and understands me.

Upvote 0