Sin, shame and Pain? Giving up? Is the fight is too much?

Xavier Cane

Jan 24, 2017
Ohio
✟12,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You cannot win a fight against sin. You were never designed to. Your fight is faith and faith alone. God will do the Work.

Just know that the fight is not yours to win, for is was won at the Cross of Calvary. I encourage you to take this moment and begin the thank God for the provision He has made through the Blood of His only Son Jesus.

The answer to your sin habit is the Blood of Jesus. The answer to your Drug problem "Christian" is the Blood of Jesus alone. The answer to the hurt you feel, because you disobeyed God, is only found in the Cross of Christ. The answer you seek in prayer is found in the Cross of Christ. The healing you need is found in the Cross of Christ. The Power to overcome that inappropriate content issue is found only in the Cross. The answer to your self-esteem is found in the Cross, the answer to your self-righteousness is found in the Cross of Christ. The House, car, job, it all can be found in the Cross of Christ. Everything comes through the Cross.

What am I saying? When Jesus said "it is finished", it was there when the separation between God and man was taken out of the way. It was then at that moment, that God restored to the human race everything they lost at the fall of man in the garden. Yes, the Ressurection was never in doubt, but it was the cross that dealt Satan and the powers of darkness the death blow.

Therefore, stand up you Christian. No you are not perfect, and you never will be on this side of the grave, but Glory to God, due to what Jesus did on the Cross, you have the right to the more abundant life, which means that you can have victory over the world the flesh and the Devil. Your fight is not against sin. Jesus already won that fight. Your fight is the fight of faith. Which means to maintain one's faith in Who Jesus is and What He has accomplished on the Cross by the giving of His human life. And this alone guarantees victory over sin, and in every capacity, when we believe that Jesus already won the fight against sin, and in Him I am dead, buried, and Live with Him in this present world, unto God.

Victory is yours. Understand this. Please. This is Gods only way of salvation and sanctification. This is Gods one and the only way to live for him. In a way that provides you perpetual victory. Something that must be understood.
1). Jesus Christ is the Source of all blessing from God.
2). The Cross is the means by which all the blessing come to us.
3). What he did must ever be the object of our faith. Anything else is spiritual adultery and another Jesus. This offends God, as if Jesus was not enough.
4). Having maintained one's faith in the Cross, the Holy Spirit, who is the only one who can make us what we ought to be, will then work within our heart and lives, and give us the victory that Jesus Paid for.

For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:2
For the preaching of the Cross is to them that perish, foolishness, but unto us that are saved, it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Reactions: friend of

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel like I have a problem.

In order to feel "good" about myself, I feel like I have to follow the commandments to a "T". When I mess up I feel grieved. Does this mean I'm putting too much faith in my own works and not trusting in the finished work of the cross enough? I want to direct my faith completely onto Jesus' sacrifice, but when I give in to temptation I feel like I curse myself and then my focus is taken away from Jesus and put onto myself.

I'm working on this now but any advice would help. It's not like I'm intentionally saying in my heart that Christ's sacrifice was insufficient and that I need to save myself with my works, but in retrospect that seems to be what's happening. I need to let it go and just relax and trust in faith in Jesus but intrusive thoughts bother me a lot.

Upvote 0

Xavier Cane

Jan 24, 2017
Ohio
✟12,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I have a problem.

In order to feel "good" about myself, I feel like I have to follow the commandments to a "T". When I mess up I feel grieved. Does this mean I'm putting too much faith in my own works and not trusting in the finished work of the cross enough? I want to direct my faith completely onto Jesus' sacrifice, but when I give in to temptation I feel like I curse myself and then my focus is taken away from Jesus and put onto myself.

I'm working on this now but any advice would help. It's not like I'm intentionally saying in my heart that Christ's sacrifice was insufficient and that I need to save myself with my works, but in retrospect that seems to be what's happening. I need to let it go and just relax and trust in faith in Jesus but intrusive thoughts bother me a lot.

That's just the thing. It is not about how you feel, it is about what the Word of God says to be true. We all have an issue that we deal with at some point in our lives. When you fall get back up and thank God for His provision. We all fall to temptation at some point. The only way to curse yourself to reject Jesus and His sacrifice.

Satan has power to overcome our human will, but he is no match for Jesus. Actually the devil wants nothing to do with Jesus and the cross, which is why he does everything in his power to take ones faith away from what Jesus did, and place the faith in ones own personal ability. That way, when a person falls, the devil can say "see..look at you, you will never be good enough". Listen, you were never good enough, nor has anyone else, nor will anyone ever be good enough. Only the perfection of Christ pleases God. Which is why the bible tells us that We are dead in Christ, and live unto God. That does not mean that we wont fall at times or be overcome by temptation. But it does mean that due to our new Divine Nature we grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.

Keep moving forward. Do not trust your feelings, they change from day to day. Satan can affect how you feel, and at times the way you feel is not what God wants. So we cant trust our feelings. The bible says that the heart is deceitful above all things, and it is desperately wicked. Its simple faith. Give it to god and go on with your daily life. And when you fall....not if you fall, when you fall, get back up, and Say God I'm Sorry. And continue to believe that even though you can sense the power of darkness dragging you down, or you see yourself leaning to do what you do not want to do...You must believe that You yet have victory...victory is in Jesus, not you. When get victory as we remain in Christ. So continue on my friend, and Praise God for his forgiveness and victory. Claim it. Paul said this...god forbid that I should boast, only in the Crucifixion of Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I am crucified unto the world. Paul would then say...I am crucified with Christ, yet I live, but not myself, but Christ lives in me, and the life that I live in the flesh, I live by faith of the son of God who gave his life for mine. If righteousness should come by the doing of the law, then Christ died in vain.

If you try to live by keeping the commandments, you are still under the law, and you will need to keep the whole law perfectly, which no man could do, besides Jesus. Jesus fulfilled the law for you. Hence, as you are in Christ (Romans 6), you are a law keeper. Not by keeping the law, but by believing in the one who did. That is how God works. He does the work, we provide the faith. One is religion, and the other is relationship. I'm not saying that you should not keep his commands, but I am saying that you can not keep them as tough in the modern church. We keep them through Jesus. If you try to keep them outside of Jesus as a means of salvation, you have no grace, because you are under the system of law, and not grace. We come under grace by total trust in Christ work on the Cross. Read Galatians!

God bless.

Upvote 0