Simple fact, if you don't leave room, for what you are about to eat, you are sick (not healthy)

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I am having a lot of trouble contextualizing what Evolution means and what it does not: and I have come across a simple fact, that describes my difficulty - "if you don't leave room, for what you are about to eat, you are sick". Are Evolutionists sick? They are if there isn't room to interpret Evolution differently, under differing circumstances. I'm not asking for something hard, either, just something. I'm not going to be sick, myself, because you refuse to accept responsibility for what you say people should believe. It just comes down to that fact: if you don't leave room, for what you are about to eat, you are sick.

In Christianity, the problem is the reverse: people have eaten Christ, but have not responded to it in a way that is meaningful - Christ gets angry at this. What the Bible says is, Jesus will spit these people out. What I am saying is, if I don't get an answer, I am going to consign Evolutionists to the label "sick" and cease to concern myself with it. I am not angry, you have folded your cards and are no longer playing (for your own 'good').

Again, I am not angry. Neither am I sick. Neither will I be coerced to adopt a theory that for all intents and purposes makes people "sick". It is not something I have sought, I have sought everything but this, but I cannot allow it to go further. Agency, is a real thing, accountability is also a real thing - how you connect the dots is up to you, I have not said anything Jesus said is no longer valid, I have simply found a context in scripture which makes the problem clear and the line of action to follow it clear. You can always do something about it, if you are willing to accept what are reasonable terms of understandability.

You may just say "not as sick as you", but that would be you making the problem worse, not better (in principle).

Really, it's been great entertaining the possibility that Evolution might take a particular track, but the cold hard reality of the fact that room is necessary, is unfortunately hitting home. Maybe you can change my mind.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
So I am having a lot of trouble contextualizing what Evolution means and what it does not:

If you are having trouble, then simply read and study about evolution and science in general. It's an easy fix.
It's not that hard.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So I am having a lot of trouble contextualizing what Evolution means and what it does not: and I have come across a simple fact, that describes my difficulty - "if you don't leave room, for what you are about to eat, you are sick". Are Evolutionists sick? They are if there isn't room to interpret Evolution differently, under differing circumstances. I'm not asking for something hard, either, just something. I'm not going to be sick, myself, because you refuse to accept responsibility for what you say people should believe. It just comes down to that fact: if you don't leave room, for what you are about to eat, you are sick.

In Christianity, the problem is the reverse: people have eaten Christ, but have not responded to it in a way that is meaningful - Christ gets angry at this. What the Bible says is, Jesus will spit these people out. What I am saying is, if I don't get an answer, I am going to consign Evolutionists to the label "sick" and cease to concern myself with it. I am not angry, you have folded your cards and are no longer playing (for your own 'good').

Again, I am not angry. Neither am I sick. Neither will I be coerced to adopt a theory that for all intents and purposes makes people "sick". It is not something I have sought, I have sought everything but this, but I cannot allow it to go further. Agency, is a real thing, accountability is also a real thing - how you connect the dots is up to you, I have not said anything Jesus said is no longer valid, I have simply found a context in scripture which makes the problem clear and the line of action to follow it clear. You can always do something about it, if you are willing to accept what are reasonable terms of understandability.

Your understanding (or attempt to understand) evolution would probably go better if you stopped trying to use these (to me odd) analogies with Christianity and theology.

Evolution is a science and the sooner you start think of it that way the better.

Is there any science that you think you understand (the chemistry of simple reactions, the physics of simple machines and ballistic motion, etc.)? If so great, you have a start; if not then you may be doomed to never understand these things.

If you can understand the more basic sciences, then maybe you can understand basic biology without a theological filter. Not how the various living things came to be, but how the work and how they are built. The structures of tissues and cells; the function of the contents of cells; cell replication and genetic transcription; their reproductive cycles; behaviors; etc.

Science discovered these things without using religious analogies or theology. The scientists observed living things in the wild, in the laboratory, and with tools like microscopes. Through this they were able to understand how living things functioned and lived. The results that they teach to us in various levels of science education come from the same perspective of natural behaviors and are made without any religious filters.*

If you can do these things and learn these things without the religious analogies and without filtering them through your understanding of God and Jesus and salvation, then you are ready to try to comprehend evolution by natural causation. You may ultimately decide that you think natural evolution conflicts with your religious understanding, but at least you will know what evolution actually is and how the scientific community understands evolution.

Best of luck.

*Some religious schools do use religious analogies and supernatural causation in their teaching of science, but it is not necessary and the practice should be condemned.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So I am having a lot of trouble contextualizing what Evolution means and what it does not

This is probably the most honest and self-aware statement you have ever made on these boards. Congrats! Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
@Gottservant

Don't throw your prayers at me. I don't need them. They don't work.

If you want to address my comment, write one of your own.

He did to some of the posts of mine on another thread. I was confused, and still am, to be honest.

Upvote 0