Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During Christmas Eve Mass, an unexpected visitor was in the church. A cardinal flew in earlier in the day and spent most of its time perched near the tabernacle. My sister-in-law said the presence of that little bird was a sign from God.

What kind of sign from God? That a departed loved one is near. Given the recent passing of my mother and that during her earthly lifetime, Mom loved the sight of cardinals in her backyard, I’m not going to deny the sign.

The fact is signs from God surround us. Our Lord speaks to us through visible creation. “Light and darkness, wind and fire, water and earth, the tree and its fruit speak of God and symbolize both his greatness and his nearness” [CCC 1147].

Connection to Heaven​

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
During Christmas Eve Mass, an unexpected visitor was in the church. A cardinal flew in earlier in the day and spent most of its time perched near the tabernacle. My sister-in-law said the presence of that little bird was a sign from God.

What kind of sign from God? That a departed loved one is near. Given the recent passing of my mother and that during her earthly lifetime, Mom loved the sight of cardinals in her backyard, I’m not going to deny the sign.

The fact is signs from God surround us. Our Lord speaks to us through visible creation. “Light and darkness, wind and fire, water and earth, the tree and its fruit speak of God and symbolize both his greatness and his nearness” [CCC 1147].

Connection to Heaven​

Continued below.
It maybe possible, that anything that reminds of the souls is useful. Especially at Church around Christmas Masses where most souls are released.

Upvote 0