Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It is a personal decision, one an individual must take time to think about for themselves. I know in some denominations it would be considered highly immodest for a woman to wear a bikini, but my personal opinion is that people should wear whatever they feel comfortable in.

Upvote 0

Yeisu

All my hope is in Christ
Nov 6, 2010
✟15,178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think it is okay for a Christian woman to wear a bikini that doesn't show "too" much?

If it could become a stumbling block for your brothers in Christ then I would be careful how much skin your show. Its really hard for men, especially young guys because when we see too much skin, sometimes we can get wrong thoughts which can lead to lust in the heart..which is sin. :doh:

Like if a woman walked into church with her cleavage exposed...thats gonna grab attention in a negative way.

Beauty isnt showed off, its hidden away in love.
OR you could just ask a pastor since hes actually educated in the word of God. Ask important questions to spiritual leaders appointed by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisW0rd

Being a mom is God's gift 2 me
Sep 27, 2007
Texas
✟16,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm Sorry - But I find that hard to believe.

Its true, I get exited over really talk men like 6'4 and over and big like over 300lbs and dark skin men... you do not see men like that in boxers or briefs or speedos or swim trunks often

Upvote 0

BiblebelievingChristian

Dec 4, 2010
✟379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HisWord - Then you are HIGHLY unusual because, I'm going to guess that most women do get excited.
You can't relate to what she is saying because you are trying to force your own male perceptions on her. Her response goes with what I was saying. Women might get excited but not so much because of the visual stimulation since women are more emotionally oriented. That's why most women are more interested in romance while men are more interested in sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RevRo

Sep 16, 2010
Florida
✟8,073.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
For some reason I canot get page one of this thead so this may be 'off topic'.

When I was young and in my prime, I was consdered 'arm candy' by men but I was never attracked to a man sexually, only romantically. In fact the sex part never entered my mind until THEY started putting their moves on me, when all I wanted was LOVE. I can look at a man in a thong and the only thing I am interested in is his face.

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
God does not care what you wear. As what you wear, what you drink, what you eat nothing of that will cause you or another to be defiled.

What is already inside a person will cause them to be defiled.

Back in the day women dress from head to toe. All covered up. And you think that stopped those whom already had lust in them to have less?

It did not. And it won't now. If it is already in you, nothing externally will stop it from continuing. The change has to begin with the person with the issue of lust.

Do you think it is okay for a Christian woman to wear a bikini that doesn't show "too" much?

Upvote 0

Algol Omega

Meijin Ryuu
Dec 24, 2010
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,266.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Skin is just skin; nothing more, nothing less. What a person thinks of your skin is their own problem, so long as you're not purposely tempting them. Then again, as the above poster mentioned: people are just as much tempted by the lack of skin as they are the showing of skin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.