London
✟9,761.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's not as simple as yes or no. The idea of a single European currency, I think, is sound. Unfortunately, it is tied up with a larger European project that isn't. At present, we are better able to pursue sensible economic policies by staying out of the single currency.

Upvote 0

teehee

Aug 3, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
✟15,985.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
it wont though
at the monet if we join the euro our economy will go boom
just look at Germany, since adopting the euro their econonmy isnt exactly......great
everyone goes on about heritage...thats rubbish......one day if it benefits us and the peopel around us then we should join, but right now, no way!!! :):)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ScottishJohn

Contributor
Feb 3, 2005
Glasgow
✟16,690.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I think we stay with the pound.

The fact is that the Euro has not been a good experiment for any of the countries which went in, and many are now experiencing growing campaigns to withdraw from the Euro.

Besides, every time you change currency it is an opportunity for all of us - rich and poor - to get ripped off. The inflation in the Euro zone when the changeover happened and everyone rounded up their prices was incredible. We had decimalisation, I think we need to wait a wee while before we get robbed liked that again.

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
hmm..

there is no "other" option.

I want to see how the Euro goes in the next few years. So my option is yes...eventually.

I dont think i know enough about it though :sorry: Economics is not a strong point with me. I jus' 'as money an' i spends it. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Personally I'm quite in favour of having a world currency, never mind a European one. Whether you want to call it a Dollar or a Pound or a DollarPound or something else, I'm not really bothered. I'd just like the whole world to unite as one. Mind you, according to some Christians this makes me the AntiChrist. Which, um, I'm not.

David.

Upvote 0

Kas

Veteran
Feb 8, 2004
I am moving to Latin America I hope in the near fu
✟17,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
English Euroepean it amkes no difference...I would be happy to support an openly Christian Europe with a single currency so I voted yes...but I would want that qualification in there before |I voted in an actual referendum...

Kas

who thinks the question should be what type of Europe do we want to see?

Upvote 0

meebs

The dev!l loves rock and roll
Aug 17, 2004
Alpha Quadrant
Visit site
✟17,879.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Kas said:
English Euroepean it amkes no difference...I would be happy to support an openly Christian Europe with a single currency so I voted yes...but I would want that qualification in there before |I voted in an actual referendum...

Kas

who thinks the question should be what type of Europe do we want to see?

a united one with no prejudice, actually i agree with David Brider! i wanna see a united world.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
jellybean said:
a united one with no prejudice, actually i agree with David Brider! i wanna see a united world.

Well, just as long as you're not the AntiChrist either. :D Sounds like my kind of world.

David.

Upvote 0