Should there be an equal number of immigrants...

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Only about 10 percent of immigrants are white.
This will cause an imbalance at some point in the future.

Fox News seemed concerned about it.
FUNDAMENTALLY, what's the problem with their being few white people that minorities? Why is Fox "concerned"? I find that VERY interesting word choice.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should there be an equal number of immigrants to
the U.S. who are white and who are people of color?
I don't think we should use racial quotas, no.

In some years it could happen a single nation, like for example Afghanistan recently, has a large number of refugees that need safety/a new country to live in.

So, 1 nation might have very many that will seek refuge in the U.S. after some bad event, and we should not refuse them because they are all of the same general skin color.

Instead, we should evaluate them individually on the basis of their real and genuine need for safety/a new country.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,706.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Only about 10 percent of immigrants are white.
This will cause an imbalance at some point in the future.

Fox News seemed concerned about it.

I think the solution to the problem is to stop watching Fox News.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟147,302.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Any particular shade you have in mind? I'm not sure how it would work. Would you have coloured paddles you hold up against the skin to see if it matches?

'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...unless your particular colour quota is full.'

Never mind trying to prioritize productive, educated people.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Never mind trying to prioritize productive, educated people.

How do you label someone productive? Do you need a PhD to get in? One of my fellow chanters passed away this year. At the age of 9, he and his best friend were escaping from Albania into Greece and his friend was shot and killed at the border. He escaped and joined his 12 year old brother who had escaped the previous year. The two of them lived in the woods for a year before being joined by the rest of the family. He served in the Greek navy and eventually immigrated to the US. He was relatively uneducated but built his own business and sent his children to college. He passed away at the age of 82. Not bad for what people called in the early 1900s as "lazy, dirty Greeks"

On February 21, 1909, a major anti-Greek riot took place in South Omaha, Nebraska. The Greek population was forced to leave the city, while properties owned by Greek migrants were destroyed.[60] Greeks were viewed with particular contempt in the Mormon stronghold of Utah. The local press characterized them as "a vicious element unfit for citizenship and as ignorant, depraved, and brutal foreigners." - Anti-Greek sentiment - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

This is a funny question because it becomes a completely valid question because you applied "anti-racism" to the issue....and in the past, that would have been a racist question.

Yes...the only way to do this fairly is to completely deny entry to anyone who is a shade darker than eggshell. If 2 million brown and black people have entered illegally.....we should either remove them or stop them until roughly 4-5 million white people enter.

That's the anti-racist solution.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Most white people who are not American live in countries with national health care--IOW, just as comfortable as America, if not more so. Unless they have specific personal reasons to immigrate (such as family members) why would they?

I think its funny because it creates a valid point the "anti-racists" cannot refute. Our immigration laws against illegals are extremely unfair to whites. It creates a massive disparity in the favor of black and brown people.

According to Mr Kendi....these are racist policies and anti-racist policies demand we resolve the disparity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As the number of albinos in the world is extremely small., immigration would come to a near complete halt if we were to insist on that. What we should ask of immigrants is that they are willing to abide by the laws of the United States, believe in Constitutionally limited government and are willing to work to earn their keep. Being, or not being, an albino should not enter into it.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
isnt it strange that there are two ways to interpet your question and many people are just fine if you propose that the number of immigrants who are people of color should be the equal to the number of white people we get into issues of equity and equality as justification. BUT if you say the number of white should be equal to the number of color no one seems to have a problem that whites might be underrepresented.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,706.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
isnt it strange that there are two ways to interpet your question and many people are just fine if you propose that the number of immigrants who are people of color should be the equal to the number of white people we get into issues of equity and equality as justification. BUT if you say the number of white should be equal to the number of color no one seems to have a problem that whites might be underrepresented.

I think that the general consensus is that basing immigration quotas on the colour of one's skin is at best nonsensical. And at worst, racist.

Most people have been posting light hearted satirical answers. Because, quite simply, the question cannot be taken seriously.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
isnt it strange that there are two ways to interpet your question and many people are just fine if you propose that the number of immigrants who are people of color should be the equal to the number of white people we get into issues of equity and equality as justification.
Who here has proposed an immigration qualification ... based upon skin color ?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think that the general consensus is that basing immigration quotas on the colour of one's skin is at best nonsensical. And at worst, racist.

Most people have been posting light hearted satirical answers. Because, quite simply, the question cannot be taken seriously.

If you're anti-racist you have to. Otherwise your policy is disproportional.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who here has proposed an immigration qualification ... based upon skin color ?
Well the OP proposes we ask the question, but then goes on to present arguments for the affirmative.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟93,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well the OP proposes we ask the question, but then goes on to present arguments for the affirmative.
I think the Democrats should stop saying “person of color”.

It keeps many people from voting for Democrats.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think the Democrats should stop saying “person of color”.

It keeps many people from voting for Democrats.
I think its a temporary phase, and kind of necessary, as we're unwinding exactly how the USA got to the state its in.

I also think the R's are blowing it up to this huge thing as they desperately need reasons to keep voters on board now that theyve largely abandoned or sidelined conservative ideology, which used to attract conservatives.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟93,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think its a temporary phase, and kind of necessary, as we're unwinding exactly how the USA got to the state its in.

I also think the R's are blowing it up to this huge thing as they desperately need reasons to keep voters on board now that theyve largely abandoned or sidelined conservative ideology, which used to attract conservatives.
Most American media is controlled by Democrats.
They gave Trump more coverage than Ted Cruz.
Because they thought Clinton would win the general election.

Ted Cruz went to Harvard Law School.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Most American media is controlled by Democrats.
They gave Trump more coverage than Ted Cruz.
Because they thought Clinton would win the general election.

Ted Cruz went to Harvard Law School.
Oh come on. Trump was a celebrity from the get go. Celebrities get press, because we are dumb and like the shiny object. Cruz never had that. And no one cares about Harvard. All the media, conservative included, put Trump in the front seat. Plus Trump was brilliant at attracting attention with various antics.

Upvote 0