Hollywood, Florida
Visit site
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MadJack said:
What do you history buffs think? Should the stone be returned to the Egyptians?
Why not return it to Macedonia since it was Greeks who inscribed the thing?
On the other hand, the English could always offer to trade it to Egypt for unlimited and exclusive rights to the Suez Canal since they were the ones who dug it.

Upvote 0

platzapS

Expanding Mind
Nov 12, 2002
Sunshine State
Visit site
✟5,263.00
Faith
Humanist
I think it should be kept in the British Museum. I have the same opinion on the Elgin Marbles (see article). The museum that the stone is currently housed in is probably a very safe, pristine environment. The stone fits in a perfect niche of the museum's testimony to human civilization.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,724.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
platzapS said:
I think it should be kept in the British Museum. I have the same opinion on the Elgin Marbles (see article). The museum that the stone is currently housed in is probably a very safe, pristine environment. The stone fits in a perfect niche of the museum's testimony to human civilization.

yup i'm sure it fits in nicely along with all the other stolen artifacts in the museum :p

Upvote 0

Techbot

blah, blah, blah...
Sep 1, 2003
Houston,TX area
✟1,027.00
Faith
Christian
All that mess over a rock. Keep it where it is. Probably just a ploy by the Cairo museum to get more visitors in. If they had all the artifacts, they'd be the only museum to see ancient Egypt in. If they don't want their artifacts taken, they shouldn't allow archeologists into the country to dig.

Upvote 0