Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The pastor of my church is in TV commercials for Scripps Health Care (a local for-profit hospital)  :( :sigh:   

Is this appropriate or not? I don't think so (I personally believe that pastors should not do advertising or act as spokesmen for for-profit organizations) but maybe that's just me.

I'm not trying to start any dissent or anything, I just want to know the opinions of other Christians on this issue.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Nah, Susan. I understand your concerns but I see no problem with it at all.
I believe in the Hospital that took care on me when I had congestive heart failure and my heart only quivered for four days. I had the best of doctors, nurses and care. I love them all and I would gladly do comercials for them, even as a pastor, whether paid or not. Fact is I recommend that hospital and my doctors almost daily. Only difference is I am doing it one person at a time rather than to a mass.

Upvote 0

AngelAmidala

Legend
Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well, I think part of your answer lies in what you just said Susan...he's doing it because he was treated there. People feel an obligation to an organization or something like that if that organization did something for them.

My mom feels she should donate extra money to a particular fire department because they pumped out our basement when we had about a foot of water in it.

My parents feel partial to a particular hospital because that's where my dad was operated on to remove his cancer.

It probably would be preferable, especially for a pastor, to support a Christ-based operation as opposed to a non Christ-based one. But they, like us, do feel something towards a place like a hospital that helped us when we were in need.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.