PerpetuallyCurious

Dec 18, 2015
England
✟7,755.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have two screenplay ideas; both of which have links to Christianity.

#1 - Musical/ Drama - It the 1960's and a priest is facing problems at all ends; his son wants to become a greaser, a blackman wants to join the church which makes some members uncomfortable and the next generation is heading into college where the sexual revolution is in full swing which could lead to the falling away of the church. What is he to do?!

#2 - Fantasy/ Allegory - A woman awakes on a field; she has no memory but soon finds she has shape-shifting powers. The surrounding realms find out about this and a feud begins to brew on which land she should belong to (allegory of an agnostic trying to find their true beliefs).

Feel free to critique these ideas but my main concern are a few verses in the bible.
Matthew 7:21-23

I want to do these screenplays for the glory of God but I'm worried in case those verses could still apply to me.

What do you think about my ideas and should I be worried/ cautious?

Last edited:

SBSchristianmedia

Jan 8, 2016
florida
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all Id like to congratulate you on keeping your think tank filled and having two interesting ideas at once! I also applaud you wanting your work to glorify God. Keep this first and foremost and thr holy spirit will guide your path.

I personally like the first idea more. The main problem would be keeping the film from being taken as hokey if its a musical but if you believe in your vision, go for it!

Above all, honor God and write. Work on your craft and the Lord will lead you where your story needs to go.

Upvote 0

PerpetuallyCurious

Dec 18, 2015
England
✟7,755.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
First of all Id like to congratulate you on keeping your think tank filled and having two interesting ideas at once! I also applaud you wanting your work to glorify God. Keep this first and foremost and thr holy spirit will guide your path.

I personally like the first idea more. The main problem would be keeping the film from being taken as hokey if its a musical but if you believe in your vision, go for it!

Above all, honor God and write. Work on your craft and the Lord will lead you where your story needs to go.

Thank you very much for leaving a comment; I have been working on idea #1 some more and have felt like the Holy Spirit has been leading me while doing this which has been terrific. Great advice by the way.

Also, what does the faith landscape look like for all the main characters youve listed above?

I don't think I've heard the term faith landscape before but for the priest his faith is strong as a rock though he still faces temptation and does stumble, his faith sees him through. The priest's son is in rebellion and has a lot of doubts about god.
The black man (Marquis) entering the church wants to know God but questions how loving God can be when the church members can be so judging so the priest tries to convince him and the members that God's love is universal. The younger member of the church has a very strong faith but it is tested when they enter into college (due to differing views and temptation to sin).

Most of the characters are based on aspects of people that I've known and the struggles based on things I've been through and witnessed. I hope it shows others what Christians go through but also the joy, hope and fulfilment faith can give someone.

Story #1 is in many ways about Christians facing adversity; whether from the world, from the flesh or from (unfortunately) other members of the church and trying to find ways to continue on the narrow path.

If there is anything else you're curious about Screenplay #1. it would be my pleasure to let you know.
Have a great weekend and may Jesus be with you. :)

Upvote 0