Should it be illegal for restaurants to feed obese people?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychMJC

Nov 7, 2007
✟8,294.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Server: "Hello and welcome to Outback Steakhouse. Before I show you to your table, would you and your guests stand on these scales please."

*Reads the weight*

Server: "OK sir, follow me.. Here is your table... annnnd lets see... your weights indicates that you get Menu B, which is considered the Fat Guy Menu. Please note that hamburgers as well as steaks over the size of 6 oz. are ommited from your menu, as well as beer and regular soda. Enjoy your meal. I'll be back to take your order in a few moments."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟26,223.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
How would they determine who is obese?
BMI...which personally is wrong as Im 5"3 and fine at 140-150 yet charts will say that Im obese...

Im active in sports and eat healthy so I dont go by charts...I go by how I look in the mirror...:sorry:

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hmmm lets see...

Telling people who already have self-esteem issues (because of their weight) that they'll have to eat at home because they're too fat to dine out. Now THAT won't be humiliating for them. Yup that'll encourage them not to over-eat at home.

Considering that 60% of Americans are overweight or obese that's 60% of customers who will no longer bring in revenue. Bye bye restaurant and other hospitality industries.

Oh and how can you be sure that those fat slobs aren't loading up on cookies and soda at the grocery store? Might as well make it illegal for grocery stores to sell snack foods.

Sure these measures may seem draconian but afterall won't we all be better off eating mung beans and sprouts, drinking water, and living a drab, joyless existence devoid of any of the little pleasures? At least we'll be skinny.

Upvote 0

CSmrw

Jan 10, 2006
✟10,350.00
Faith
Atheist
Hmmm lets see...

Telling people who already have self-esteem issues (because of their weight) that they'll have to eat at home because they're too fat to dine out. Now THAT won't be humiliating for them. Yup that'll encourage them not to over-eat at home.

Considering that 60% of Americans are overweight or obese that's 60% of customers who will no longer bring in revenue. Bye bye restaurant and other hospitality industries.

Oh and how can you be sure that those fat slobs aren't loading up on cookies and soda at the grocery store? Might as well make it illegal for grocery stores to sell snack foods.

Sure these measures may seem draconian but afterall won't we all be better off eating mung beans and sprouts, drinking water, and living a drab, joyless existence devoid of any of the little pleasures? At least we'll be skinny.
I don't understand why it is assumed we are supposed to care about self esteem, The great god of the post war years.

Upvote 0