ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So i come to find out my brother and sil have been having difficulty with their daughter who is 13yrs old. My mom is their visiting, and she has been filling me in.
She curses at her parents, lies, goes out with boys. stays on the phone till 3.30 in the morning.
now the other night she was on the phone till 3.30 and when my brother heard her and went into her room, there was yelling going on and she was cursing at them, my mom said my brother got my niece and hit her, and she (my niece) said i am 13 u can't hit me, so my brother got her and according to my mom grabbed her by the head and she fell face down on the floor.......:o:o:o:o:o:o:o I am SICK to my stomach........
this poor child.
I feel she is somehow screaming for something, lacking something, missing something.......
now a little info about my brother and sil.... i love them i will say that much lots....
but they are very materialistic....so they buy the kids everything. when my brother was here he brought my niece an 80.00 dollar shirt.:confused: i even said hey joe, 13 yrs old and a shirt for that price? are you NUTS? never would my kids get that, even if i had the money......they get and get....see thats the way we were raised.....and *I* swore i would not raise my kids like that...bc there was no family sense, it was buy love instead of give love......
so i said today to my mom have my niece come home with you and let her spend a few weeks here and my mom is like no maybe next yr....so eventually she says something like i am afriad if she comes she might run away....i say mom if she stays home she will runaway.... maybe they let her live with us???? then my mom says well there nothing to do by u either......soooooooooooo i said mom i have 5 girls, right? and are they behaving like that? So now what do you think i should do, my brother and his wife do not know i know whats going on......so do i just offer for her to stay for a few weks? Now also her 1 friend that she had left, the girls mom made her call my niece last night and say she was not allowed to hang out with her anymore, because she was a bad influnce....now she has no friends left! I told my girls the whole story and they say we should take her in....

pursuetruth

Aug 5, 2011
New York
✟8,052.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think that you have enough information. Have you had a friendly conversation with your brother? I think that's the first step.
Be careful about your judgments about the situation if all you really have to go with is your mom's retelling of a scenario. God bless you.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, i suppose my mom retelling the story is not the best. But i do know my brother, and he is an excuse maker....I will just have my girls call their cousin weekly and chat....altho they will not say they know a thing....

I pray she will be able to come and spend the summer next yr with us.
thank you for your response, may God Bless you:amen:

I just don't think that you have enough information. Have you had a friendly conversation with your brother? I think that's the first step.
Be careful about your judgments about the situation if all you really have to go with is your mom's retelling of a scenario. God bless you.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your guidance!:hug:

Thanks for taking my response in the spirit that was intended. I do hear your heart about your niece. I'll be praying that you have the perfect opportunity to spend more time with her.

Upvote 0