Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Often times, I hold my tongue whenever someone does something wrong to me.
But I don't think that's working anymore.
I hold my tongue because:

1. I don't want to make my life more complicated.
2. It leaves bad taste in my mouth.
3. I hate conflict over stupid things that in the end is petty.

Still, it doesn't make me feel good to let them win and keep doing the same crap to others.

What's the option here? Should I just say whatever is right?

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think it's best to always be honest, even if the other person isn't going to like it. That's not to say go and be horrible to people and, of course, some tact goes a long way, but if I have something to say then I'll say it.

Some people love that quality and transparency, a lot of people don't. I personally like brutal honesty and to know where I stand, but a lot of people it seems like things sugar coating(Which is bad because it leaves room for ambiguity and interpretation), so it is what it is.

Honesty is the best policy for me. Some things just need to be said and it really bugs me when something obviously needs to be said and people skirt around the problem because they don't want to be the one to deal with it. The problem with that is that the person or persons doing whatever it is that's wrong or annoying will just keep doing it because they either know no differently or just need to be told how it is.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Still, it doesn't make me feel good to let them win and keep doing the same crap to others.

I think you should always speak your truth.

How you say things are the important issue.

If people cant handle truth, then.... so be it.

Holding things in only make it worse for you. Not only do you carry the burden of how they wronged you, but the burden of silence as well.

If its a misunderstanding. They may apologize and keep another instance of it happening again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it's best to always be honest, even if the other person isn't going to like it. That's not to say go and be horrible to people and, of course, some tact goes a long way, but if I have something to say then I'll say it.

Some people love that quality and transparency, a lot of people don't. I personally like brutal honesty and to know where I stand, but a lot of people it seems like things sugar coating(Which is bad because it leaves room for ambiguity and interpretation), so it is what it is.

Honesty is the best policy for me. Some things just need to be said and it really bugs me when something obviously needs to be said and people skirt around the problem because they don't want to be the one to deal with it. The problem with that is that the person or persons doing whatever it is that's wrong or annoying will just keep doing it because they either know no differently or just need to be told how it is.

So speaking up is honesty?
I guess direct communication brings success anywhere.
Thanks. I'll try to follow that policy.

Loose lips sink ships.

Now, if only a few other women from my past would have held silence in such high regard... I'd likely have someone to make me a sandwich right now.

K7G.gif

I think you should always speak your truth.

How you say things are the important issue. Not only are you holding on to the wrong they did to you, but, the burden of silence as well. If it is a simple misunderstanding and you speak up. They might just apologize and prevent such things from happening again.

If people cant handle truth, then.... so be it.

Holding things in only make it worse for you. Not only do you carry the burden of how they wronged you, but the burden of silence as well.

If its a misunderstanding. They may apologize and keep another instance of it happening again.

You're right.
It is wearing me down.
I was so tired before whenever I used to speak up. Now I'm tired of holding back.
I need to find my balance and communicate better.

I used to speak my mind. Over time it wore me down..

Sometimes it's nice to not be the freak and just sit in the corner by yourself.

There's some truth to that.
I used to be forthright. I toned it down because it was pushing people away from me.
But now that hold my tongue more often, it's wearing me down.

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Does it even really matter? If I don't support your decision, you may be offended at my not being supportive. If I do support your decision, you may be offended for supporting your submission to patriarchal ideals. Check mate.

I however, anticipated this and arrived at the only winning position: do what you want (and I can only hope that it has something to do with sandwiches).

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does it even really matter? If I don't support your decision, you may be offended at my not being supportive. If I do support your decision, you may be offended for supporting your submission to patriarchal ideals. Check mate.

I however, anticipated this and arrived at the only winning position: do what you want (and I can only hope that it has something to do with sandwiches).

Please just stop.
This is getting pathetic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jupiter Drops

Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right.
It is wearing me down.
I was so tired before whenever I used to speak up. Now I'm tired of holding back.
I need to find my balance and communicate better.

So THAT'S where my first edit went to. :doh: ^_^

I thought I had hit cancel on accident.

Sorry, didnt mean to repeat myself :sorry:

*Note to self...... look UP stupid after you edit a post..... sometimes you hit the type button above where you thought you did.

Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So THAT'S where my first edit went to. :doh: ^_^

I thought I had hit cancel on accident.

Sorry, didnt mean to repeat myself :sorry:

*Note to self...... look UP stupid after you edit a post..... sometimes you hit the type button above where you thought you did.

No worries.
I didn't even notice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hawkeyelovejs

Shine bright so others see Christ in you!
Oct 9, 2013
Midwestern girl!
✟7,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel the same way as you, Jupiter Drops, and for the same reasons. I used to confront every little thing head on, charging like a bull. Now I'm like a timid cat in a corner.

I used to think of it as picking my battles, but I was losing way too frequently. I'm trying to work on speaking up when it's necessary and realizing that my feelings matter. Plus some things are just not okay.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Honestly is always the best policy. Even if it can be painful at times.

Upvote 0