Jul 27, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think he's an ignoramus and I hate the whole "shock jock" phenomenon, but I don't think it was worthy of being fired for. If a black man said something equally offensive about white girls, no one would care. It's just that the politically correct police wanted to make an example of him.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I voted undecided. If his employers decided that keeping him as an employee would have a negative effect on their business, he should have been fired. If they thought otherwise, he should have been kept. I don't think that he said anything that was SO terrible that he had to be removed from the air so that our society could continue to function, but if it was thought that (MS)NBC was going to lose money because of him he definately should have lost his spot. He existed to them for one reason, to create revenue. If he was no longer able to accomplish that, them getting rid of him was the right thing to do.

I wish my employer would fire everyone who tunes into Limbaugh, Stern, Hannity, Savage, Mike and Mike, Dr Laura, Ramsy and Imus.
I can sometimes tollerate G. Gordon Liddy's delusional insanity, and I really like Bruce Williams and Clark Howard.

Upvote 0

Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't like his show and I don't think you should speak that way about other people. His actions were sinful and had no redeeming purpose.

On the other hand, I'm certain that if he had said the same thing about the Blessed Virgin, or had fouly insulted the Pope, or Our Lord Jesus Christ, he wouldn't have been fired. That shows how perverted and disgraceful our society is.

Furthermore, I think Sharpton and his ilk are professional race-baiters. The women from Rutgers would have never known about Imus' mean comments if the media hadn't gone into a feeding frenzy over it. This is about white liberal guilt. From time to time these events take place, and then everyone has to pile on to prove how racially sensitive they are.

For goodness sake, Barack Obama was criticised for not being quick enough to criticise Imus, and for not being critical enough. It is insane. Everyone has to prove themselves by attacking the guy long after the point has already been thoroughly made.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,685.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wish my employer would fire everyone who tunes into Limbaugh, Stern, Hannity, Savage, Mike and Mike, Dr Laura, Ramsy and Imus.
I'd put Al Franken, Bill Maher and Rosie O'Donnel in that category as well, since some people actually take their 'politics' serious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd put Al Franken, Bill Maher and Rosie O'Donnel in that category as well, since some people actually take their 'politics' serious.

I detest these folks as much or more than those I listed above, but I don't know if they're on the radio. Bill Maher gets special scorn from me, for occasionally having guests who I really want to hear, but them talking over them and cracking jokes instead of letting them speak. I know Franken dabbled in a liberal talk radio network a few years ago, but I don't know if it still exists or not, I thought I heard it was a dismal failure. I don't think we got it up here.

I'm sure he's employed somewhere...doesn't he have a radio show too?

I don't know, I've never heard it if he does. I bet it would be a shining beacon of unbiased journalism if he did though.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I did not know hannity was on the radio.

Yeah, he is, or at least he was. Same schtick as on TV but without Colmes to kick around. you're not missing much. He pretty much follows Limbaugh's formula (and if it's listeners (and $) you seek, you could do alot worse than emulating Limbaugh).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I voted yes because the public should not have to hear such nonsense. At the same time, all shock jocks should be removed from the air, even those on satellite.

Why do I feel this way? Can't people just tune them out? Our youth listen to Imus, Stern, and the others. That's why.

Upvote 0

anawim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2004
NY suburbs
Visit site
✟19,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
I did not know hannity was on the radio.

His flagship station is abc. He's the second highest nationally syndicated radio talk show in the country. I used to listen to him, but when he started saying he disagrees with the Church's teaching on artificial birth control, I turned him off.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.